    best for me to start with.

    Thanks a lot for your advice.

    Smain

    SM, Oct 6, 2003

  2. SM

    Herb Martin Guest

    If you don't have XP do that -- if you have XP start with Server 70-290
    but make a plan to do ALL of them quickly -- study for them together
    rather than trying to just pass "one test."

    --
    Herb Martin
    "SM" <smain@uk> wrote in message
    > Greetings
    >
    > Please advise which MCSE 2003 exam would be better to start with. I just
    > received my Server Core requirements Kits and am wondering what would be

    the

    Herb Martin, Oct 7, 2003

  3. SM

    ascll Guest

    You should start with 70-290.

    ascll, Oct 7, 2003
  4. SM

    Pine Guest

    Hi ,

    Would like to know why you advise to plan to do ALL of them quickly, instead
    of just focusing one by one? 'cos I'm also preparing for MCSE 2003 and would
    like to know dos and don'ts.

    Thanks

    Pine

    Pine, Oct 7, 2003
  5. I agree, (maybe not on the quickly) because the courses are (and
    always were under 2000) very inter linked.

    I am seeing this on my 2k3 studies just like I did on 2000. 270
    requires some working knowledge of AD and group policy which you get
    from 294/297 study material and 291 draws on 290 / 270.

    Plan to study the whole core then home in on each exam in turn before
    taking them.

    Marlin Munrow, Oct 10, 2003
  6. SM

    Herb Martin Guest

    > Would like to know why you advise to plan to do ALL of them quickly,
    instead
    > of just focusing one by one? 'cos I'm also preparing for MCSE 2003 and

    would
    > like to know dos and don'ts.

    Because it works and you learn more -- not only faster but better.

    Then you have the "basic exam knowledge" sooner to build your experience
    upon if you are new or to broaden your experience if you have lots of skill
    already.

    I have never taken more than 4 days preparing for an exam (even on an
    entirely
    new subject) -- this is NOT bragging on me but rather a METHOD that works
    for everyone. Maximum time should be about 2 weeks per exam IF YOU ARE
    studying and not just "thinking about it."

    Studying for the exams together is time efficient (and partically avoids the
    "just
    the test questions" pitfall) and taking the next exam REINFORCES what you
    learned while it is still fresh in your memory.

    Once you reinforce new learning a few times you will remember it forever,
    but
    if you let new learning lie fallow until you forget, then typically you will
    need to
    start over on the "next subject".

    Those who plan a year seldom finish. Plan no more than 6 montsh (3 is
    better)
    for an ENTIRE MCSE. If you go over the 3 months a bit, then no harm no
    foul but if you plan a year there is little chance you will actually DO IT
    and finish.

    Also consider what having that knowledge (and the certification) would do
    for
    your learning from experience during that year versus not having that base
    knowledge.

    --
    Herb Martin

    Herb Martin, Oct 27, 2003