    How can I get back the rest of it where I can see my list of programs?
    I don't know what I did to it. It just disappeared.

    Thanks!

    Girl Jamie, Jan 3, 2004

  2. Girl Jamie

    Harrison Guest

    I'd go for a System Restore or a scanreg /restore, depending on your
    brand of Windows.

    Harrison, Jan 3, 2004

  3. Girl Jamie

    Sultan Guest

    Girl Jamie wrote in news:CAqJb.3077$:

    > Hi, When I hit the start button on the lower tool bar, it only gives
    > me the following options:
    > New document
    > Open document
    > windows Update
    >
    > How can I get back the rest of it where I can see my list of programs?
    > I don't know what I did to it. It just disappeared.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Would help for us to know what OS your using. If by chance your using XP or
    Windows 2000 go to My Computer - C Drive - Documents and Settings, there
    you will find folders for each user on your computer along with an All
    Users folder and a Default Users folder, check the contents of the Start
    Menu in these folders and copy over to your user folder what is missing. If
    they are missing from them as well then explore the other folders there and
    hopefully you find the missing shortcuts.

    Sultan

    Sultan, Jan 3, 2004
  4. Girl Jamie

    Girl Jamie Guest

    "Sultan" <> wrote in message
    > Girl Jamie wrote in news:CAqJb.3077$:
    >
    > > Hi, When I hit the start button on the lower tool bar, it only gives
    > > me the following options:
    > > New document
    > > Open document
    > > windows Update
    > >
    > > How can I get back the rest of it where I can see my list of programs?
    > > I don't know what I did to it. It just disappeared.
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    > >

    > Would help for us to know what OS your using. If by chance your using XP

    or
    > Windows 2000 go to My Computer - C Drive - Documents and Settings, there
    > you will find folders for each user on your computer along with an All
    > Users folder and a Default Users folder, check the contents of the Start
    > Menu in these folders and copy over to your user folder what is missing.

    If
    > they are missing from them as well then explore the other folders there

    and
    > hopefully you find the missing shortcuts.
    >
    > Sultan

    Oh I forgot to give that information. It is WIN-98.
    I got a new pc and I am in the process of cleaning out my personal stuff
    from the old and in the midst of all this I somehow did something wrong to
    make this information disappear.
    Thanks for the advice.

    Girl Jamie, Jan 3, 2004
  5. Girl Jamie

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 04:53:27 GMT, in
    <bVrJb.3828$>
    Girl Jamie scrawled:

    <snip>

    >Oh I forgot to give that information. It is WIN-98.
    >I got a new pc and I am in the process of cleaning out my personal stuff
    >from the old and in the midst of all this I somehow did something wrong to
    >make this information disappear.
    >Thanks for the advice.

    Oh, dear! What exactly did you do?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 3, 2004
  6. Girl Jamie

    Girl Jamie Guest

    Good news! I finally got so disgusted, did the alt-ctrl-del to turn it off
    and went on to other things. Turned it on this morning and lo and behold my
    start menu is back! Thanks for the input anyway!

    Girl Jamie, Jan 3, 2004
  7. Girl Jamie

    °Mike° Guest

    It's surprising, but sometimes a reboot is all that's needed
    to solve many a problem.

    On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 18:18:44 GMT, in
    <8IDJb.10066$>
    Girl Jamie scrawled: