    highlighted as normal in the Start Menu. However once I have run the program
    it usually stops being highlighted and recently this hasn't been the case.

    How do I stop new programs being highlighted in the Start Menu?

    =?Utf-8?B?aGVybzJ6ZXJv?=, Jun 2, 2007

  2. If you don't use the program or click on the menu it will stop doing that,
    the function brings menu-items to your attention that you frequently use. As
    the item is freshly installed, that counts as 'use' and a few days of
    inactivity should bring it to the background, but still visible if you click
    the little arrow at the bottom of the menu- you may have changed your
    settings for how it behaves. Check the taskbar properties, the function can
    be disabled by unchecking the 'Expand Programs' in the Property list.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 3, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?aGVybzJ6ZXJv?=

    Theo Guest

    hero2zero wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > This only happens on occasions, but when I install a new program it is
    > highlighted as normal in the Start Menu. However once I have run the program
    > it usually stops being highlighted and recently this hasn't been the case.
    >
    > How do I stop new programs being highlighted in the Start Menu?

    1. Right click on the Taskbar to bring up the Taskbar and
    Menu Properties.

    2. Click on the Start Menu tab.

    3. Click on the Customize button.

    4. Click on the Advanced tab.

    5. In the Start Menu Settings ensure the box to the left of
    Highlight newly installed programs is blank - no check mark.

    6. Click on OK.

    7. Click on OK.

    Theo, Jun 3, 2007