    Can someone give me a route to start, pls

    thks.

    Rogério
    Rogério Guimarães, Dec 19, 2004

  2. Rogério Guimarães

    web dev Guest

    I actually started my exams this year and say about 6
    months, got the MCAD certification. For me the best place
    to start is with the windows application development
    exams (c# or vb). they are much easier than the web app
    and the web app is also more easier than the webservices
    exam. all in all, i think the key is practice! practice
    coding within the framework and you won't go wrong!
    all the best!

    using Delphi, VB and

    web dev, Dec 20, 2004

  3. I started to study about one year and haft ago.. and i have started the
    exams last week.
    the first i made it was 70-305, i intend to make the next exam 70-306 in 3
    weeks and so on....

    I think you must study hard, .. I dont know about the other people that made
    the exam.. but i thought the exam very hard...
    you might looking for MOCs, Microsoft press, etc...

    Bye...

    Angelo Mestriner, Dec 21, 2004
  4. Rogério Guimarães

    Nizar Guest

    Hi,

    I intend to do the same. Are going to concentrate on the
    web or the windows applications side?
    I have decided on the following route (in respective
    order):

    Exam 70-229
    Exam 70-315 (C#)
    Exam 70-320 (C#)

    I don't know if I can finish in 6 months, I hope I can.
    So, I will start with the SQL exam which I was told is
    the easiest part and will break the ice for me, But I am
    afraid the SQL 2005 crtification will be required once I
    pass the current SQL 2000 certification.
    Does anyone know what will happen with the SQL cert. now
    that SQL 2005 is out?

    Cheers!
    Nizar

    Nizar, Dec 23, 2004
  5. Rogério Guimarães

    Sean Guest

    wow..sometimes I jump on here and someone says "oh you can get MCAD in a
    month" other times I read "6 months IIF you have programming experience". I
    think both sides is pretty extreem. Then again, it depends on how many hours
    per week we are talking about.

    I took 70-306 and got a 500 (need 700) which I felt was pretty good actually
    becuase I had studied full time for all three exams at once for about 2
    months I think? maybe more.

    Anyway, I have put in an extra 40 hours into studying 70-306 and I feel like
    I really know a lot more then I did earlier....namely becuase of ONE book
    "the visual basic .Net programing language" part of the .net development
    series

    also I would like to point out something radical I have learned. VB.net has
    literally all the functionality that C# does. The old VB did not but from
    what I have read in a few books is that there is literally nothing that C#
    can do that VB cant. Im not a VB fan boy or any other language for that
    matter but I bring this up becuase if one is already used to VB language or C
    syntax it would be easier to take said exam.

    I am taking the insane route and doing both. VB for windows apps and C# for
    web apps....

    Sean, Dec 27, 2004
  6. Hi Nizar,

    I intend to do the following exams:
    Exam 70-306
    Exam 70-305
    Exam 70-229

    i work with the boths side, web and windows....
    i'd like to get the MSCD.NET certification and to do it I need the boths
    certification 70-305 and 70-306

    Angelo Mestriner, Jan 7, 2005