    next to it) when I press the start button. Running Windows XP home ed.

    Anyone shed any light where I can get it back?

    Ron

    Big Ron, Aug 12, 2006

  2. Big Ron

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 13:50:33 +0100, Big Ron wrote:

    >I seem to have lost my "all programs" button (the one with the green arrow
    >next to it) when I press the start button. Running Windows XP home ed.
    >
    >Anyone shed any light where I can get it back?

    www.google.com
    www.google.com
    www.google.com
    www.google.com
    www.google.com , and the search for your problem, not forgetting the
    handy link to search Google Gropus for the same thing.

    It's been known to go missing after some MS update, may also be a
    profile issue / registry problem for the user account.

    Read what this does, before using, www.google.com for -
    what does windows xp system restore do?

    Try looking for the registry edit to enable / disable 'All Programs'
    www.google.com , from MS Technet,

    entry - NoStartMenuMorePrograms

    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    Description

    Stores configuration data for the policy setting Remove All Programs
    list from the Start menu.
    Change Method

    To change the value of this entry, use the Group Policy Object Editor
    (Gpedit.msc). The corresponding policy is located in Administrative
    Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar.

    Me

    why?, Aug 12, 2006

  3. Big Ron

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Cut and paste everything between the lines and paste it into notepad. Save
    the file as programsbtn.reg and save it to the desktop. make sure you change
    the save as type.... drop down box to all files. Once saved double click on
    the file to merge it into the registry. Reboot.

    Begin cut below this line

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "NoStartMenuMorePrograms"=dword:00000000

    End cut above this line

    pcbutts1, Aug 12, 2006