    Thanks in Advance
    Spoffy

    , Feb 6, 2004

  2. Joshua Zyber Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I bought a 2 DVD version of Starship Troopers about 2 years ago and
    > recently about a year or less they released another 2 DVD "special
    > edition" version.
    >
    > My question is: Does anyone know if there is a substantial difference?

    The original DVD was not 2-discs. It was a single dual-sided disc. The
    later Special Edition has an improved video transfer and additional
    bonus material, including a second audio commentary from the cast &
    crew, a documentary, and a few featurettes. It also carries over all of
    the material from the original release.

    After both of these, Columbia TriStar also released a SuperBit edition,
    which has no bonus materials at all, but does have a maximized bit rate
    and a DTS track.

    Joshua Zyber, Feb 6, 2004