    Noozer Guest

    Anyone know why ObjectDock won't display the taskbar icons when installed in
    Windows XP x64?

    Noozer, Jun 1, 2006

  2. Noozer

    George Guest

    Probably because originally it was written for OS/2. It was junk back then
    so I am not at all surprised of its capability now.

    George, Jun 1, 2006

  3. Noozer

    Noozer Guest

    So... what would you suggest to use to get the same functionality?

    Noozer, Jun 1, 2006
  4. Noozer

    Graham Guest

    George wrote:
    > Probably because originally it was written for OS/2. It was junk back then
    > so I am not at all surprised of its capability now.

    What would that have to do with it, assuming you are correct, and you
    aren't, there never was an ObjectDock for OS/2? ObjectDock may be
    largely useless (and I'll not disagree with you there), but where is the
    relevance that something with a similar name was written for OS/2 ten
    years ago? In particular, how does this help the OP?

    Graham.

    Graham, Jun 2, 2006
  5. Noozer

    Senheiser Guest

    "Assuming that he is correct but he isn't...." what a genius you are Graham.
    Your thoughts are rather woolly old chap. Too much ale?

    And no, something with a similar name was written for Windows. The first
    distribution was for OS/2. Get it?

    As far as helping the OP: I have many useful programs that run under XP32 as
    intended however, under XP64 they flop. My suggestion is, if he wants to
    keep playing with Object Doorstop to stick with XP32 and ditch XP64 until it
    is supported. Assuming that you are correct but you are not ;)

    Senheiser, Jun 2, 2006
  6. Noozer

    Graham Guest

    Senheiser wrote:

    > "Assuming that he is correct but he isn't...." what a genius you are Graham.
    > Your thoughts are rather woolly old chap. Too much ale?

    What is woolly about it? There was an ObjectDesktop for OS/2. There is
    an ObjectDesktop for Windows. OP was asking about ObjectDock: that never
    existed for OS/2. Isn't this clear enough?

    > Assuming that you are correct but you are not ;)

    And that's where you are wrong! While "Dock" contains several letters
    which match "Desktop", and in the same order to boot, they are, in fact
    different words, and in these product names they don't refer to the same
    thing, even on different systems.

    Graham.

    Graham, Jun 2, 2006