    --
    Sicerely,
    Unknown

    =?Utf-8?B?VW5rbm93bg==?=, Dec 18, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VW5rbm93bg==?=

    S. Pidgorny Guest

    If the Starbucks have wireless connectivity, it usually available anywhere
    in the shop - they're using 802.11b and that provides connectivity up to
    100m away from the access point. However, not all of the Starbucks are
    equipped with wireless access points - at least Starbucks in Terminals 7 and
    8 in LAX don't have it.

    T-Mobile is the provider for Starbucks - the hot spot locator is at

    https://selfcare.hotspot.t-mobile.com/locations/viewGlobalLocationsForLocationDomain.do

    --
    Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MVP, MCSE
    -= F1 is the key =-

    "Unknown" <> wrote in message
    > I'm having some troble with wireless networking:
    >
    > At Starbucks when I go to a table I can't connect to it because I need to

    be
    > in range of the network WAP (Wireless Access Point)I don't know where that

    is.

    S. Pidgorny, Dec 18, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?VW5rbm93bg==?=

    Bill Crocker Guest

    I think you have to pay to use WiFi at Starbucks. They ripp people off, for
    their coffee, so I can't imagine them giving away WiFi!

    Bill Crocker

    Bill Crocker, Dec 18, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?VW5rbm93bg==?=

    S. Pidgorny Guest

    Hi there:

    "Bill Crocker" <> wrote in message
    > I think you have to pay to use WiFi at Starbucks. They ripp people off,

    for
    > their coffee, so I can't imagine them giving away WiFi!

    No they don't provide wireless access for free. T-Mobile provides
    connectivity, and they charge something like $10/day. If the business model
    is sustainable, we'll see - it will probably change a lot quite soon - but
    for a business user the price is quite acceptable. Last time in NYC, I tried
    to connect in Greenwich Village, and after failing to locate a free hot spot
    I reverted to Starbucks: I had to go online within limited time.

    That aside, Starbucks' coffee isn't a rip-off at all. Starbucks are offering
    premium (to american standards) coffee at premium price.

    S. Pidgorny, Dec 19, 2004