Starband Satellite internet problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Viper, Feb 13, 2006.

  1. Viper

    Viper Guest

    When ever I go to a web site it takes like 5 minutes for any thing to pop
    up. Sites like www.kbb.com www.yahoo.com www.verizonwireless.com
    www.microsoft.com and ect. I also noticed that the pages do not load right.
    It just looks like a text version of the site. The images and pictures do
    not load some of the times. I keep getting a red X where an image is suppose
    to be. At the bottom of IE I get "Errors on page" . I have formatted my HD
    on 2 of my system and reinstalled Win XP home and downloaded all updates and
    every thing and I still get the same result. I have a total of 3 systems
    with the same problem. So I think that there is some thing wrong on
    starbands end. When ever I go to those sites I have to wait for the page to
    load and then right click on the page and go to Encoding and select a
    different setting than what is already selected to get the page to load
    right. I never had to this. When I had cable internet where I used to live I
    ran in to the same problem a little bit and I called tech support and they
    rebuilt my connection and it fixed it. Should I call starband and have them
    rebuild my connection or is it some thing on my end. What kind of CRAP
    company is starband that dose not have tech support 24/7. This is the first
    internet company that I have had that closes tech support at certain times.
    CRAPPY.

    Viper, Feb 13, 2006

  2. Viper

    JANA Guest

    For one site you went through all that!!!???

    I would have given them a call, if other sites work well on my computer. It
    is obvious that they have some issues, and are not completely compatible. It
    is possible that they are doing something your display card, or some driver
    in your machine does not like. In the latter half of your information below,
    you sort of answered your own question.

    Can you change services?

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Feb 13, 2006

  3. Viper

    old jon Guest

    On cable it took me 5secs, 2secs, 2 secs and 1sec for those 4 sites.
    Yes get in touch with Starband.
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Feb 13, 2006
  4. Viper wrote:

    > When ever I go to a web site it takes like 5 minutes for any thing to pop
    > up. Sites like www.kbb.com www.yahoo.com www.verizonwireless.com
    > www.microsoft.com and ect. I also noticed that the pages do not load right.
    > It just looks like a text version of the site. The images and pictures do
    > not load some of the times. I keep getting a red X where an image is suppose
    > to be. At the bottom of IE I get "Errors on page" .

    Ah. IE. Have you cleared the browser's cache and temporary internet
    files lately? I see this exact problem repeated very often, and clearing
    the cache restores functionality. It's a long-known bug of IE.

    Have you tried another (modern) browser?
    http://mozilla.org/firefox/
    http://www.opera.com/

    > I have formatted my HD on 2 of my system and reinstalled Win XP home
    > and downloaded all updates and every thing and I still get the same
    > result.

    Formatted? Surely that was overkill.

    > When ever I go to those sites I have to wait for the page to
    > load and then right click on the page and go to Encoding and select a
    > different setting than what is already selected to get the page to load
    > right.

    So ... what was the original Encoding, and which did you select?

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 13, 2006
  5. Viper

    Viper Guest

    How I have to have my network set up. I have a system that has 2 network
    cards in it. My satellite modem goes in to one card and the other card goes
    out to a basic 5 port linksys switch and then I hook my other systems up to
    the switch. I can not hook the satellite modem up to a router. My main
    system I formatted and reinstalled windows thinking that some thing on the
    system got corrupted ( as windows often gets that way, Windows is like Swiss
    cheese - lots of holes in it ) and I did not get any different results. The
    sites still come up the same way. I have never messed with the encoding when
    this problem first started. I got messing around and figured out that if I
    select some thing different the sites will show up like they should. Now I
    just reinstalled windows XP home ( With out any updates or any thing) Fresh
    install and I still get the same results. Pages do not load right, I get a
    message on the bottom left of IE saying that there are errors on the page.
    So I am still thinking that it is on starbands end. Starband is a crappy
    company. They keep messing around with peoples connections and there speed.

    Viper, Feb 13, 2006