Star Wars

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by musicology101@aol.com, Oct 19, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Is there any word on all six Star Wars movies coming out in a box set?
     
    , Oct 19, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Justin Guest

    wrote on [19 Oct 2005 11:28:59 -0700]:
    > Is there any word on all six Star Wars movies coming out in a box set?


    Yes.
     
    Justin, Oct 19, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. MuSiCoLoGy Guest

    When?
     
    MuSiCoLoGy, Oct 19, 2005
    #3
  4. MuSiCoLoGy Guest

    When?
     
    MuSiCoLoGy, Oct 19, 2005
    #4
  5. speidi1 Guest

    > wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there any word on all six Star Wars movies coming out in a box set?
    >


    hopefully never
     
    speidi1, Oct 19, 2005
    #5
  6. FAQmeister Guest

    "MuSiCoLoGy" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > When?


    Just as soon as the milk starts to run dry on sales for the separate
    sets.
    --
    The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:
    http://aww-faq.org/dvdfaq.html
     
    FAQmeister, Oct 19, 2005
    #6
  7. Impmon Guest

    On 19 Oct 2005 11:28:59 -0700, wrote:

    >Is there any word on all six Star Wars movies coming out in a box set?


    Probably sometime after George milks all he can get out of Episode 3
    DVD. Maybe next year. Then probably in 2007 he'd be releasing all 6
    as Super-Special-Revised-Yet-Again Edition that connects the second
    trilogy more smoothly with the first trilogy like the missing grave
    markers by Luke's house in Episode 4.
    --
    When you hear the toilet flush, and hear the words "uh oh", it's already
    too late. - by anonymous Mother in Austin, TX
    To reply, replace digi.mon with phreaker.net
     
    Impmon, Oct 20, 2005
    #7
  8. Tarkus Guest

    On 10/19/2005 5:24:04 PM, Impmon wrote:

    > On 19 Oct 2005 11:28:59 -0700, wrote:
    >
    >>Is there any word on all six Star Wars movies coming out in a box set?

    >
    > Probably sometime after George milks all he can get out of Episode 3
    > DVD. Maybe next year. Then probably in 2007 he'd be releasing all 6
    > as Super-Special-Revised-Yet-Again Edition that connects the second
    > trilogy more smoothly with the first trilogy like the missing grave
    > markers by Luke's house in Episode 4.


    Funny how this guy goes from being bitched at for no DVD releases to
    being bitched at for too many.
    --
    "Okay. But dogs CAN look up!"

    Now playing: "UFO - Too Hot to Handle"
     
    Tarkus, Oct 20, 2005
    #8
  9. Impmon Guest

    On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:42:37 -0700, Tarkus <> wrote:

    >Funny how this guy goes from being bitched at for no DVD releases to
    >being bitched at for too many.


    Well, how many *different* releases have there been in the past
    decade? 8? 10? That's not counting the FS vs WS format. George
    should take a lesson from Disney and not release any Star Wars anymore
    after Ep 3 is out.
    --
    When you hear the toilet flush, and hear the words "uh oh", it's already
    too late. - by anonymous Mother in Austin, TX
    To reply, replace digi.mon with phreaker.net
     
    Impmon, Oct 20, 2005
    #9
  10. Justin Guest

    Impmon wrote on [Thu, 20 Oct 2005 03:41:20 -0400]:
    > On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:42:37 -0700, Tarkus <> wrote:
    >
    >>Funny how this guy goes from being bitched at for no DVD releases to
    >>being bitched at for too many.

    >
    > Well, how many *different* releases have there been in the past
    > decade? 8? 10? That's not counting the FS vs WS format. George
    > should take a lesson from Disney and not release any Star Wars anymore
    > after Ep 3 is out.


    There was a point where there was a different VHS release every
    christmas.
     
    Justin, Oct 20, 2005
    #10
  11. Tarkus Guest

    On 10/20/2005 12:41:20 AM, Impmon wrote:

    > On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:42:37 -0700, Tarkus <> wrote:
    >
    >>Funny how this guy goes from being bitched at for no DVD releases to
    >>being bitched at for too many.

    >
    > Well, how many *different* releases have there been in the past
    > decade? 8? 10? That's not counting the FS vs WS format.


    No idea, but I was referencing how long it took for the original trilogy
    (episodes 4-6) to make it to DVD.

    > George should take a lesson from Disney and not release any Star Wars
    > anymore after Ep 3 is out.


    Or people could just not buy them if they think it's too much.
    --
    "You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water;
    shark's in the water, our shark."

    Now playing: "Spock's Beard - The Water"
     
    Tarkus, Oct 20, 2005
    #11
  12. Dick Sidbury Guest

    Tarkus wrote:
    > On 10/20/2005 12:41:20 AM, Impmon wrote:
    >
    >
    >>On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:42:37 -0700, Tarkus <> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Funny how this guy goes from being bitched at for no DVD releases to
    >>>being bitched at for too many.

    >>
    >>Well, how many *different* releases have there been in the past
    >>decade? 8? 10? That's not counting the FS vs WS format.

    >
    >
    > No idea, but I was referencing how long it took for the original trilogy
    > (episodes 4-6) to make it to DVD.


    The ORIGINAL trilogy still hasn't made it to (commercial) DVD.

    dick
    -- only those of us with laserdisks have it (legally?)
     
    Dick Sidbury, Oct 20, 2005
    #12
  13. Justin Guest

    Dick Sidbury wrote on [Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:15:28 -0400]:
    > Tarkus wrote:
    >> On 10/20/2005 12:41:20 AM, Impmon wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:42:37 -0700, Tarkus <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>Funny how this guy goes from being bitched at for no DVD releases to
    >>>>being bitched at for too many.
    >>>
    >>>Well, how many *different* releases have there been in the past
    >>>decade? 8? 10? That's not counting the FS vs WS format.

    >>
    >>
    >> No idea, but I was referencing how long it took for the original trilogy
    >> (episodes 4-6) to make it to DVD.

    >
    > The ORIGINAL trilogy still hasn't made it to (commercial) DVD.
    >
    > dick
    > -- only those of us with laserdisks have it (legally?)


    And VHS.
     
    Justin, Oct 20, 2005
    #13
  14. Tarkus Guest

    On 10/20/2005 1:15:28 PM, Dick Sidbury wrote:

    > Tarkus wrote:
    >> On 10/20/2005 12:41:20 AM, Impmon wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:42:37 -0700, Tarkus <>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Funny how this guy goes from being bitched at for no DVD releases to
    >>>> being bitched at for too many.
    >>>
    >>>Well, how many *different* releases have there been in the past
    >>>decade? 8? 10? That's not counting the FS vs WS format.

    >>
    >> No idea, but I was referencing how long it took for the original
    >> trilogy (episodes 4-6) to make it to DVD.

    >
    > The ORIGINAL trilogy still hasn't made it to (commercial) DVD.
    >
    > dick
    >-- only those of us with laserdisks have it (legally?)


    Well, most of it finally made it to DVD.
    --
    "Reckon what you is wanting to know is what I'm a-doing in here."

    Now playing: "Howard Stern - 10-20-2005 Show part 01 "
     
    Tarkus, Oct 20, 2005
    #14
  15. Biz Guest

    "Dick Sidbury" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > The ORIGINAL trilogy still hasn't made it to (commercial) DVD.
    >
    > dick
    > -- only those of us with laserdisks have it (legally?)


    And it probably never will so let it go already
     
    Biz, Oct 20, 2005
    #15
  16. Impmon Guest

    On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:47:01 -0700, Tarkus <> wrote:

    >> The ORIGINAL trilogy still hasn't made it to (commercial) DVD.
    >>
    >> dick
    >>-- only those of us with laserdisks have it (legally?)

    >
    >Well, most of it finally made it to DVD.


    Not quite. THe DVD are special edition which is not quite the same.
    While the new effect was nice, changing a 20+ year old movie just for
    the effect is a sacrilegious. I still have the last original and
    unedited version on VHS.
    --
    When you hear the toilet flush, and hear the words "uh oh", it's already
    too late. - by anonymous Mother in Austin, TX
    To reply, replace digi.mon with phreaker.net
     
    Impmon, Oct 21, 2005
    #16
  17. Tarkus Guest

    On 10/20/2005 8:53:44 PM, Impmon wrote:

    > On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:47:01 -0700, Tarkus <> wrote:
    >
    >>> The ORIGINAL trilogy still hasn't made it to (commercial) DVD.
    >>>
    >>> dick
    >>>-- only those of us with laserdisks have it (legally?)

    >>
    >>Well, most of it finally made it to DVD.

    >
    > Not quite. THe DVD are special edition which is not quite the same.


    Which is why I said "most" of it.
    --
    "You're no daisy. You're no daisy at all!"

    Now playing: "Frank Marino - Breakin' Away"
     
    Tarkus, Oct 21, 2005
    #17
  18. Sue Guest

    Biz wrote:
    > "Dick Sidbury" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >
    >>The ORIGINAL trilogy still hasn't made it to (commercial) DVD.
    >>
    >>dick
    >>-- only those of us with laserdisks have it (legally?)

    >
    >
    > And it probably never will so let it go already
    >
    >


    Hey, if Lucas is OK with bootleggers making money off of his work
    because he won't release the unaltered versions on DVD - and I suppose
    he must be - I guess that's his business.

    If I were him, though, I'd try to make sure that I got all the money
    from my efforts, not the DVD pirates.

    But apparently, Lucas is happy to let them have money that should be
    his, and they're certainly happy to take it. It's not like he's giving
    fans who want the unaltered versions on DVD a choice.
     
    Sue, Oct 23, 2005
    #18
  19. Biz Guest

    As soon as he would release the un-altered versions, if they even exist
    anymore, they would be bootlegged to death anyway. Lucas isnt hurting for
    money, maybe he decided it just wasnt worth the hassle, especially if he
    feels the newer version are what he wants to release...

    "Sue" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >
    >
    > Biz wrote:
    > > "Dick Sidbury" <> wrote in message
    > > news:...
    > >
    > >>The ORIGINAL trilogy still hasn't made it to (commercial) DVD.
    > >>
    > >>dick
    > >>-- only those of us with laserdisks have it (legally?)

    > >
    > >
    > > And it probably never will so let it go already
    > >
    > >

    >
    > Hey, if Lucas is OK with bootleggers making money off of his work
    > because he won't release the unaltered versions on DVD - and I suppose
    > he must be - I guess that's his business.
    >
    > If I were him, though, I'd try to make sure that I got all the money
    > from my efforts, not the DVD pirates.
    >
    > But apparently, Lucas is happy to let them have money that should be
    > his, and they're certainly happy to take it. It's not like he's giving
    > fans who want the unaltered versions on DVD a choice.
    >
     
    Biz, Oct 24, 2005
    #19
  20. Impmon Guest

    On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 01:50:46 GMT, "Biz" <> wrote:

    >As soon as he would release the un-altered versions, if they even exist
    >anymore, they would be bootlegged to death anyway. Lucas isnt hurting for
    >money, maybe he decided it just wasnt worth the hassle, especially if he
    >feels the newer version are what he wants to release...


    If Lucas really want to kill those bootleggers and make us old timer
    happy, he will release the 3 original SW in original form and sell
    them very cheap. Like under $5 each movie cheap.

    Remember when ET first came out on VHS? Was only $3 each new.
    --
    When you hear the toilet flush, and hear the words "uh oh", it's already
    too late. - by anonymous Mother in Austin, TX
    To reply, replace digi.mon with phreaker.net
     
    Impmon, Oct 24, 2005
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. unholy

    Star wars.... Cathode Sabers!

    unholy, Jun 29, 2005, in forum: The Lounge
    Replies:
    17
    Views:
    2,022
    unholy
    Sep 16, 2005
  2. Terry Austin
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    959
    Terry Austin
    Dec 2, 2003
  3. Machina3317

    Re: Star Wars: Clone Wars on dvd?

    Machina3317, Apr 6, 2004, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    602
    Rob McCartney
    Apr 14, 2004
  4. TNEXTWAVE
    Replies:
    22
    Views:
    1,278
    John Eckart
    Oct 1, 2004
  5. DVD Verdict
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    894
    DVD Verdict
    Sep 27, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page