    (Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, K-MART) only say "low price." This
    bodes well for the possibility of even lower prices at the other
    chains. Anyone know what some of the other chains are asking for it?

    JSM, Sep 19, 2004

  2. JSM

    TSKO Guest

    "JSM" <> wrote in message
    news:X1k3d.21355$...
    > x-no-archive: yes
    >
    > Here, in Southern California, only one newspaper insert quotes a price
    > for the boxed set. The Good Guys has it for $41.99. The other chains
    > (Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, K-MART) only say "low price." This
    > bodes well for the possibility of even lower prices at the other
    > chains. Anyone know what some of the other chains are asking for it?

    CompUSA out here in Ohio has it for $39.99

    If you go onto theforce.net (I think thats the page)...it gives a listing of
    prices for pretty much every major retail place

    TSKO, Sep 19, 2004

  3. "TSKO" <> wrote in message

    > "JSM" <> wrote in message
    >> x-no-archive: yes
    >>
    >> Here, in Southern California, only one newspaper insert quotes a price
    >> for the boxed set. The Good Guys has it for $41.99. The other chains
    >> (Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, K-MART) only say "low price." This
    >> bodes well for the possibility of even lower prices at the other
    >> chains. Anyone know what some of the other chains are asking for it?
    >>

    > CompUSA out here in Ohio has it for $39.99
    >
    > If you go onto theforce.net (I think thats the page)...it gives a listing
    > of prices for pretty much every major retail place

    Frys will be selling it for $36.99.

    Arthur Lipscomb, Sep 19, 2004
  4. In article <h5l3d.21204$>,
    "TSKO" <> wrote:

    > "JSM" <> wrote in message
    > > x-no-archive: yes
    > >
    > > Here, in Southern California, only one newspaper insert quotes a price
    > > for the boxed set. The Good Guys has it for $41.99. The other chains
    > > (Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, K-MART) only say "low price." This
    > > bodes well for the possibility of even lower prices at the other
    > > chains. Anyone know what some of the other chains are asking for it?
    > >

    > CompUSA out here in Ohio has it for $39.99

    I preordered from Amazon for $41.99. With free shipping and no sales
    tax, that's equal to $39.06 at my local retailers.

    Paul Jepperson, Sep 20, 2004
  5. JSM

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Paul Jepperson wrote:

    > In article <h5l3d.21204$>,
    > "TSKO" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"JSM" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>x-no-archive: yes
    >>>
    >>>Here, in Southern California, only one newspaper insert quotes a price
    >>>for the boxed set. The Good Guys has it for $41.99. The other chains
    >>>(Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, K-MART) only say "low price." This
    >>>bodes well for the possibility of even lower prices at the other
    >>>chains. Anyone know what some of the other chains are asking for it?
    >>>

    >>CompUSA out here in Ohio has it for $39.99
    >>

    > I preordered from Amazon for $41.99. With free shipping and no sales
    > tax, that's equal to $39.06 at my local retailers.

    And if you use an Amazon Visa credit card you get 3% cash back in amazon
    coupons which is another 1.20 more or less.

    dick

    Dick Sidbury, Sep 20, 2004
  6. JSM

    Machina3317 Guest

    >From: JSM

    >--------------010100080204020103030708
    >
    >x-no-archive: yes
    >
    >Here, in Southern California, only one newspaper insert quotes a price
    >for the boxed set. The Good Guys has it for $41.99. The other chains
    >(Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, K-MART) only say "low price." This
    >bodes well for the possibility of even lower prices at the other
    >chains. Anyone know what some of the other chains are asking for it?
    >
    >--------------010100080204020103030708

    >Here, in Southern California, only one newspaper insert quotes a pricefor the
    >boxed set. The Good Guys has it for $41.99. The other chains(Best Buy,
    >Circuit City, Target, K-MART) only say "low price." Thisbodes well for the
    >possibility of even lower prices at the otherchains. Anyone know what some
    >of the other chains are asking for it?

    Hollywood Video chains are selling it for $70. LOL

    Machina3317, Sep 20, 2004
  7. JSM

    Justin Guest

    Paul Jepperson wrote on [Sun, 19 Sep 2004 20:47:18 -0700]:
    > In article <h5l3d.21204$>,
    > "TSKO" <> wrote:
    >
    >> "JSM" <> wrote in message
    >> > x-no-archive: yes
    >> >
    >> > Here, in Southern California, only one newspaper insert quotes a price
    >> > for the boxed set. The Good Guys has it for $41.99. The other chains
    >> > (Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, K-MART) only say "low price." This
    >> > bodes well for the possibility of even lower prices at the other
    >> > chains. Anyone know what some of the other chains are asking for it?
    >> >

    >> CompUSA out here in Ohio has it for $39.99
    >>

    > I preordered from Amazon for $41.99. With free shipping and no sales
    > tax, that's equal to $39.06 at my local retailers.

    You should go to www.dvdtalk.com/stl and sign up for their share the
    love sharing program. You'd have easily received 10% off the 41.99

    Justin, Sep 20, 2004
  8. JSM

    Ollie T Guest

    WalMart $37.99 About 10 to 1 on Fullscreen vs Widescreen on the shelves.

    HDTV Games lists and discussions
    http://www.hdtvarcade.com

    "JSM" <> wrote in message news:X1k3d.21355$...
    x-no-archive: yes

    Here, in Southern California, only one newspaper insert quotes a price for the boxed set. The Good Guys has it for $41.99. The other chains (Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, K-MART) only say "low price." This bodes well for the possibility of even lower prices at the other chains. Anyone know what some of the other chains are asking for it?

    Ollie T, Sep 21, 2004
  9. JSM

    GLeger Guest

    Do you think all Wal-Mart's are supposed to sell it at $37.99?
    I just purchased mine from WalMart in Baton Rouge for 47.99!
    I'm wondering if they are screwing us here, or that it may have been a misprint??

    GLeger, Sep 23, 2004
  10. JSM

    Jim Burgan Guest

    The WalMart's here in Central Indiana are selling it for $41.99

    Jim Burgan, Sep 23, 2004
  11. JSM

    Jordan Lund Guest

    "Ollie T" <> wrote in message news:<0h24d.18866$>...
    > WalMart $37.99 About 10 to 1 on Fullscreen vs Widescreen on the
    > shelves.

    Fry's Tuesday price was $36.99, Wednesday it was up to $38.99. I
    pricematched Best Buy with them (BB had $42.99).

    FWIW... a buddy of mine had problems getting BB to price-match. Got a
    lot of lip from a loud-mouthed manager.

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Sep 24, 2004
  12. JSM

    FAQmeister Guest

    "Jordan Lund" <> wrote in message
    > "Ollie T" <> wrote in message
    >> WalMart $37.99 About 10 to 1 on Fullscreen vs Widescreen on the
    >> shelves.

    > Fry's Tuesday price was $36.99, Wednesday it was up to $38.99. I
    > pricematched Best Buy with them (BB had $42.99).
    >
    > FWIW... a buddy of mine had problems getting BB to price-match. Got a
    > lot of lip from a loud-mouthed manager.
    >
    > - Jordan

    Got mine today at a San Diego area Walmart for $34.99 :)
    --
    Buford T. Justice
    The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:

    FAQmeister, Sep 24, 2004