    It currently has a pre-order price of $90.98 CAD. Seems a little pricey when
    compared to the Indy Boxset, but I suppose time will tell.

    Mike

    Mike F, Jan 28, 2004

  2. Mike F

    gardibolt Guest

    "Mike F" <> wrote in message news:<JHERb.31313$>...
    > Not sure if anyone else has made mention of this, haven't seen it anywhere
    > in this group anyway. According to DVD Soon, the Star Wars Trilogy:
    > Collector's Giftset is now available for pre-order, with a listed release
    > date of 19th September 2004.
    >
    > It currently has a pre-order price of $90.98 CAD. Seems a little pricey when
    > compared to the Indy Boxset, but I suppose time will tell.
    >
    > Mike

    Be aware, though, that DVD Soon charges your credit card when you
    order, not when it ships, so even if it's not delayed, you'll be
    loaning them the money for nearly 9 months. A lot can happen to an
    internet store in 9 months.

    Mark

    gardibolt, Jan 29, 2004

  3. Mike F

    Ray Guest

    > Be aware, though, that DVD Soon charges your credit card when you
    > order, not when it ships, so even if it's not delayed, you'll be
    > loaning them the money for nearly 9 months. A lot can happen to an
    > internet store in 9 months.

    All you have to do is call your credit card company and tell them that
    you've been charged for merch that has not been shipped and that you haven't
    received. They will put a hold on the charge and you won't have to pay.

    Ray, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Mike F

    Codswallop Guest

    On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:53:42 GMT, gardibolt wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    > Be aware, though, that DVD Soon charges your credit card when you
    > order, not when it ships, so even if it's not delayed, you'll be
    > loaning them the money for nearly 9 months.

    9 months is probably a little long, but sometimes -- due to exchange
    rates and stuff -- it can be a good idea to have the money taken out
    when you order.

    Plus you're less likely to overspend because you forgot about online
    orders that are yet to be charged.

    (I prefer the charge-when-shipped method, personally; though both have
    positives)

    --
    - Cods
    (un ROT-13 to email)

    Welcome to KILLFILE, population: You.

    Codswallop, Jan 30, 2004
  5. Mike F

    3W Guest

    "Ray" <> wrote in message
    > All you have to do is call your credit card company and tell them that
    > you've been charged for merch that has not been shipped and that you

    haven't
    > received. They will put a hold on the charge and you won't have to pay.

    Unfortunately, you have to dispute it within 30 days, not 9 months.

    3W, Jan 30, 2004
  6. Mike F

    Ray Guest

    > Unfortunately, you have to dispute it within 30 days, not 9 months.

    The assumption was that you do this when you receive your first billing
    statement with the order on it.

    Ray, Jan 30, 2004
  7. Mike F

    Justin Guest

    Ray wrote on [Fri, 30 Jan 2004 04:31:14 GMT]:
    >> Be aware, though, that DVD Soon charges your credit card when you
    >> order, not when it ships, so even if it's not delayed, you'll be
    >> loaning them the money for nearly 9 months. A lot can happen to an
    >> internet store in 9 months.

    > All you have to do is call your credit card company and tell them that
    > you've been charged for merch that has not been shipped and that you haven't
    > received. They will put a hold on the charge and you won't have to pay.

    And this makes the practice acceptable how?

    Justin, Jan 30, 2004
  8. Mike F

    Ray Guest

    > And this makes the practice acceptable how?

    It doesn't justify the vendor's practice of charging you before they ship
    the merchandise, but if someone feels they must buy from this particular
    vendor at least they won't have to pay the money before they get the goods.

    Ray, Jan 30, 2004
  9. Mike F

    Justin Guest

    Ray wrote on [Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:48:19 GMT]:
    >> And this makes the practice acceptable how?

    > It doesn't justify the vendor's practice of charging you before they ship
    > the merchandise, but if someone feels they must buy from this particular
    > vendor at least they won't have to pay the money before they get the goods.

    So, why did you feel the need to butcher top post here?

    The message had been neatly trimmed and everything....

    Justin, Jan 30, 2004
  10. Mike F

    Eric R. Guest

    (gardibolt) wrote in message news:<>...

    > Be aware, though, that DVD Soon charges your credit card when you
    > order, not when it ships, so even if it's not delayed, you'll be
    > loaning them the money for nearly 9 months. A lot can happen to an
    > internet store in 9 months.

    I seem to remember another website that did this a few years ago. They
    listed Star Wars and several other "upcoming" SE's for preorder.
    Everyone got excited about it (Star Wars rumors have been the bane of
    alt.video.dvd since 1997). And, of course, nothing came of it but a
    bunch of credit card charges and a now-defunct vendor.

    -Eric

    Eric R., Feb 2, 2004
  11. Mike F

    Sean McLean Guest

    On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Eric R. wrote:

    > (gardibolt) wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    > > Be aware, though, that DVD Soon charges your credit card when you
    > > order, not when it ships, so even if it's not delayed, you'll be
    > > loaning them the money for nearly 9 months. A lot can happen to an
    > > internet store in 9 months.

    > I seem to remember another website that did this a few years ago. They
    > listed Star Wars and several other "upcoming" SE's for preorder.
    > Everyone got excited about it (Star Wars rumors have been the bane of
    > alt.video.dvd since 1997). And, of course, nothing came of it but a
    > bunch of credit card charges and a now-defunct vendor.
    >
    > -Eric

    It was my understanding that the original trilogy was not going to be
    released on DVD until well after the third movie in the currrent trilogy
    was available on DVD. Then they would be released in a mega-set of all 6
    movies. Until I see it listed at amazon.com, or receive an official
    announcement in my e-mail from Lucasfilm (I'm on their Star Wars Homing
    Beacon mailing list), I don't put any stock in such rumours.

    - Sean

    Sean McLean, Feb 2, 2004