  1. so57th

    so57th Guest

    Bladerunner is cool SciFi. Starwars may as well be cartoons.

    so57th, Oct 26, 2005

  2. so57th

    Freddy Guest

    None of it's real....so shouldn't it all be cartoons?

    It's a matter of taste. You like Bladerunner, so good for you. Others
    like Star Wars and nothing you say is going to change that.

    That should be the end of this thread. Freddy

    Freddy, Oct 26, 2005

  3. so57th

    Goro Guest

    Freddy wrote:
    > None of it's real....so shouldn't it all be cartoons?
    >
    > It's a matter of taste. You like Bladerunner, so good for you. Others
    > like Star Wars and nothing you say is going to change that.
    >
    > That should be the end of this thread. Freddy

    If BladeRunner and Star Wars got in a fight, who'd win?

    Darth Vader v Batty
    Luke v Deckard
    Leia v Pris
    Gaff v Sebastian

    If i x-poasted to rec.arts.scifi, i bet i'd get some response! :)

    -goro-

    Goro, Oct 26, 2005
  4. so57th

    unclejr Guest

    Goro wrote:
    > If BladeRunner and Star Wars got in a fight, who'd win?
    >
    > Darth Vader v Batty

    No contest. Vader would use the power of the Dark Side of the Force,
    and Batty wouldn't stand a chance.

    > Luke v Deckard

    That depends upon how far Luke is along in his lifetime... If we're
    talking about the "immature" Luke ("But, I was going into Tosche
    Station to pick up some power converters"), then Deckard wins hands
    down. However, if we're talking about the "mature" Luke ("Never. I'll
    never turn to the Dark Side. You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi,
    like my father before me."), then I suspect Luke would beat Deckard's
    ass.

    > Leia v Pris

    No contest. Pris would put Leia in her "camel toe" headlock, and that
    would be the end of Leia.

    > Gaff v Sebastian

    Umm... Those characters are BOTH in Blade Runner. BUT, if they were
    to get into a fight, I'd wager on Gaff coming out as the victor.

    -Junior

    unclejr, Oct 26, 2005
  5. so57th

    Nick Guest

    Blade Runner is excellent - so is Star Wars.

    And this is coming from someone who's favourite film is Blade Runner and
    watched A new hope as a child the year it came out!

    Both great in their own way

    Nick, Oct 26, 2005
  6. so57th

    Goro Guest

    unclejr wrote:
    > Goro wrote:
    > > If BladeRunner and Star Wars got in a fight, who'd win?
    > >
    > > Darth Vader v Batty

    > No contest. Vader would use the power of the Dark Side of the Force,
    > and Batty wouldn't stand a chance.
    >
    > > Luke v Deckard

    > That depends upon how far Luke is along in his lifetime... If we're
    > talking about the "immature" Luke ("But, I was going into Tosche
    > Station to pick up some power converters"), then Deckard wins hands
    > down. However, if we're talking about the "mature" Luke ("Never. I'll
    > never turn to the Dark Side. You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi,
    > like my father before me."), then I suspect Luke would beat Deckard's
    > ass.
    >
    > > Leia v Pris

    > No contest. Pris would put Leia in her "camel toe" headlock, and that
    > would be the end of Leia.
    >
    > > Gaff v Sebastian

    > Umm... Those characters are BOTH in Blade Runner. BUT, if they were
    > to get into a fight, I'd wager on Gaff coming out as the victor.

    Whoops. I meant Obi Wan v Sebastian. :)

    Boba Fett v Gaff.

    Goro, Oct 27, 2005
  7. so57th

    Justin Guest

    Nick wrote on [Wed, 26 Oct 2005 23:48:49 +0100]:
    > Blade Runner is excellent - so is Star Wars.
    >
    > And this is coming from someone who's favourite film is Blade Runner and
    > watched A new hope as a child the year it came out!

    You watched Star Wars then.

    Justin, Oct 27, 2005
  8. so57th

    Bratboy Guest

    I enjoyed the first trilogy alot and can remember the anticipation for each
    movie to come out. Unfortunatly the second trilogy has never really appealed
    to me in the same way.

    Bratboy, Oct 31, 2005
  9. so57th

    Jordan Guest

    You can't really compare the two, other than the fact that they both
    have Harrison Ford and are sci-fi they couldn't be more different.

    Star Wars is playing with archetypes. Here's the Star-Wars story in a
    nutshell:

    A young squire sets out on a quest to rescue the beautiful princess
    from the evil black knight and his fire breathing dragon. Along the way
    he is joined by a knight and his gallant steed and a powerful wizard.

    It's pretty much every story told in the last, what? 1000 years?

    It's an inherently familiar story. It's sci-fi comfort food.

    Blade Runner is a societal commentary in the same way that Brazil is.
    They're contemplative sci-fi. Thinking man's sci-fi if you will.

    The important thing is that there's a place for both.

    - Jordan

    Jordan, Oct 31, 2005