    insert certain scenes (Han Solo) them into the new DVD's and make a so called
    "Unspecial Edtion".
    Any thoughts?

    Chris4V, Feb 12, 2004

  2. Chris4V

    Shrivel Guest

    I'm sure it could be done with a bit of work - the biggest problem would be
    the soundtrack difference. The THX LD versions were in Dolby Pro-Logic -
    it's not easy to re-map the channels of a stereo surround track to a 5.1
    track without noticeable differences in the sound. It would be tough to do
    so that it would be seamless enough for my satisfaction.

    I'm about to start on my next project of transferring my original THX LDs to
    DVD again (I just did it once, but wasn't satisfied with the results). I'm
    going to attempt to to de the re-mapping of the Dolby Surround tracks to 5.1
    that I was talking about - I'll let ya know how it goes ;-)

    Shrivel, Feb 12, 2004

  3. Chris4V

    Chris4V Guest

    sounds good...