Star Wars Prequels DVDs

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Opticreep, Nov 2, 2004.

  1. Opticreep

    Opticreep Guest

    This isn't a question of whether or not the prequel DVDs (Phantom
    Menace, Attack of the Clones) were good films. I happen to like 'em
    (a lot), but I know other people have different opinions.

    I'm more interested in knowing whether or not people think George
    Lucas will re-release these movies on "new and improved special
    edition" DVDs in the next few years? I've gotten burned sooo many
    times from having bought DVDs of movies that were later rereleased as
    'extra special edition director's cut". I don't want it to happen
    again :(

    I'm pretty sure George Lucas will release a boxed set of the Prequel
    Trilogy as a companion to the Original Trilogy boxed set. Is the
    style and format of the Original Trilogy DVDs consistent to the style
    and format of the two prequel DVDs available right now? If so, maybe
    Lucas will just repackage these existing DVDs into a boxed set.
    Otherwise, he might re-release "super special edition" DVDs of those
    two movies for the boxed set. In that case, I'd hate to have to buy
    these movies twice.

    So... should I go ahead and buy the AotC and TPM DVDs now? Or wait
    for a hypothetical boxed set which may or may not come in 2006?
     
    Opticreep, Nov 2, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Opticreep

    kaydigi Guest

    "Opticreep" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > This isn't a question of whether or not the prequel DVDs (Phantom
    > Menace, Attack of the Clones) were good films. I happen to like 'em
    > (a lot), but I know other people have different opinions.
    >
    > I'm more interested in knowing whether or not people think George
    > Lucas will re-release these movies on "new and improved special
    > edition" DVDs in the next few years? I've gotten burned sooo many
    > times from having bought DVDs of movies that were later rereleased as
    > 'extra special edition director's cut". I don't want it to happen
    > again :(
    >
    > I'm pretty sure George Lucas will release a boxed set of the Prequel
    > Trilogy as a companion to the Original Trilogy boxed set. Is the
    > style and format of the Original Trilogy DVDs consistent to the style
    > and format of the two prequel DVDs available right now? If so, maybe
    > Lucas will just repackage these existing DVDs into a boxed set.
    > Otherwise, he might re-release "super special edition" DVDs of those
    > two movies for the boxed set. In that case, I'd hate to have to buy
    > these movies twice.
    >
    > So... should I go ahead and buy the AotC and TPM DVDs now? Or wait
    > for a hypothetical boxed set which may or may not come in 2006?


    Episode Region 1 is out of print, so instead of over paying for it, you
    should just wait. BTW The acting in Episode One is pretty bad.
     
    kaydigi, Nov 2, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Opticreep

    Video Flyer Guest

    On 11/2/04 9:21 AM, in article VBNhd.5187$pY6.66@trnddc04, "kaydigi"
    <> wrote:


    >
    > BTW The acting in Episode One is pretty bad.
    >
    >




    Episode II, as well.

    Neal
    --
    "If morons could fly, it'd be pitch black." - Anonymous
     
    Video Flyer, Nov 2, 2004
    #3
  4. Opticreep

    Mike Kohary Guest

    Opticreep wrote:
    > This isn't a question of whether or not the prequel DVDs (Phantom
    > Menace, Attack of the Clones) were good films. I happen to like 'em
    > (a lot), but I know other people have different opinions.
    >
    > I'm more interested in knowing whether or not people think George
    > Lucas will re-release these movies on "new and improved special
    > edition" DVDs in the next few years? I've gotten burned sooo many
    > times from having bought DVDs of movies that were later rereleased as
    > 'extra special edition director's cut". I don't want it to happen
    > again :(
    >
    > I'm pretty sure George Lucas will release a boxed set of the Prequel
    > Trilogy as a companion to the Original Trilogy boxed set. Is the
    > style and format of the Original Trilogy DVDs consistent to the style
    > and format of the two prequel DVDs available right now? If so, maybe
    > Lucas will just repackage these existing DVDs into a boxed set.
    > Otherwise, he might re-release "super special edition" DVDs of those
    > two movies for the boxed set. In that case, I'd hate to have to buy
    > these movies twice.
    >
    > So... should I go ahead and buy the AotC and TPM DVDs now? Or wait
    > for a hypothetical boxed set which may or may not come in 2006?


    My guess is that we'll see a 6-movie box set in 2007, Star Wars' 30th
    anniversary. I couldn't begin to guess if we'll see even more content on
    the prequel discs, but it wouldn't surprise me. Either way, I'd recommend
    buying the current discs - they're superb transfers with lots of great
    extras. If he re-releases "deluxe editions" in 2007, all the better. I
    just hope he comes around and finally releases the ORIGINAL original trilogy
    on that set. ;)

    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mike Kohary mike at kohary dot com http://www.kohary.com

    Karma Photography: http://www.karmaphotography.com
    Seahawks Historical Database: http://www.kohary.com/seahawks
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     
    Mike Kohary, Nov 2, 2004
    #4
  5. Opticreep

    Anybody Guest

    In article <cm8abn$mip$>, "Mike Kohary" <>
    wrote:

    > Opticreep wrote:
    > > This isn't a question of whether or not the prequel DVDs (Phantom
    > > Menace, Attack of the Clones) were good films. I happen to like 'em
    > > (a lot), but I know other people have different opinions.
    > >
    > > I'm more interested in knowing whether or not people think George
    > > Lucas will re-release these movies on "new and improved special
    > > edition" DVDs in the next few years? I've gotten burned sooo many
    > > times from having bought DVDs of movies that were later rereleased as
    > > 'extra special edition director's cut". I don't want it to happen
    > > again :(
    > >
    > > I'm pretty sure George Lucas will release a boxed set of the Prequel
    > > Trilogy as a companion to the Original Trilogy boxed set. Is the
    > > style and format of the Original Trilogy DVDs consistent to the style
    > > and format of the two prequel DVDs available right now? If so, maybe
    > > Lucas will just repackage these existing DVDs into a boxed set.
    > > Otherwise, he might re-release "super special edition" DVDs of those
    > > two movies for the boxed set. In that case, I'd hate to have to buy
    > > these movies twice.
    > >
    > > So... should I go ahead and buy the AotC and TPM DVDs now? Or wait
    > > for a hypothetical boxed set which may or may not come in 2006?

    >
    > My guess is that we'll see a 6-movie box set in 2007, Star Wars' 30th
    > anniversary. I couldn't begin to guess if we'll see even more content on
    > the prequel discs, but it wouldn't surprise me. Either way, I'd recommend
    > buying the current discs - they're superb transfers with lots of great
    > extras. If he re-releases "deluxe editions" in 2007, all the better.


    Possible timeline for DVD releases:

    - Episode III Christmas 2005
    - Prequel Trilogy Box Set Christmas 2006
    - Saga Box Set (6 movies) Christmas 2007
    - Super-Saga Box Set Christmas 2017 ;-)

    It's a forgone conclusion that any future releases will have further
    tweaks to the movies, but it's anyone's guess as to how major these
    will be.




    > I just hope he comes around and finally releases the ORIGINAL original
    > trilogy on that set. ;)


    Not gonna happen in this universe (at least while George Lucas is alive
    or his legacy ties it up in legal red tape). The original original
    tilogy movies are officially long dead and buried.
     
    Anybody, Nov 2, 2004
    #5
  6. Opticreep

    Mike Kohary Guest

    Anybody wrote:
    > In article <cm8abn$mip$>, "Mike Kohary" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> My guess is that we'll see a 6-movie box set in 2007, Star Wars' 30th
    >> anniversary. I couldn't begin to guess if we'll see even more
    >> content on the prequel discs, but it wouldn't surprise me. Either
    >> way, I'd recommend buying the current discs - they're superb
    >> transfers with lots of great extras. If he re-releases "deluxe
    >> editions" in 2007, all the better.

    >
    > Possible timeline for DVD releases:
    >
    > - Episode III Christmas 2005
    > - Prequel Trilogy Box Set Christmas 2006
    > - Saga Box Set (6 movies) Christmas 2007
    > - Super-Saga Box Set Christmas 2017 ;-)


    Sounds about right! ;)

    >> I just hope he comes around and finally releases the ORIGINAL
    >> original trilogy on that set. ;)

    >
    > Not gonna happen in this universe (at least while George Lucas is
    > alive or his legacy ties it up in legal red tape). The original
    > original tilogy movies are officially long dead and buried.


    I don't know if that's necessarily the case...think of the PR aspect.
    "Finally, the original 1977 Star Wars available on H-DVD, first time in
    hi-def, blah blah blah."

    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mike Kohary mike at kohary dot com http://www.kohary.com

    Karma Photography: http://www.karmaphotography.com
    Seahawks Historical Database: http://www.kohary.com/seahawks
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     
    Mike Kohary, Nov 2, 2004
    #6
  7. Opticreep

    \Guest\ Guest

    --
    This site exposes them all!

    www.unclet.netfirms.com

    Damn toms!
    "kaydigi" <> wrote in message
    news:VBNhd.5187$pY6.66@trnddc04...
    >
    > "Opticreep" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > This isn't a question of whether or not the prequel DVDs (Phantom
    > > Menace, Attack of the Clones) were good films. I happen to like 'em
    > > (a lot), but I know other people have different opinions.
    > >
    > > I'm more interested in knowing whether or not people think George
    > > Lucas will re-release these movies on "new and improved special
    > > edition" DVDs in the next few years? I've gotten burned sooo many
    > > times from having bought DVDs of movies that were later rereleased as
    > > 'extra special edition director's cut". I don't want it to happen
    > > again :(
    > >
    > > I'm pretty sure George Lucas will release a boxed set of the Prequel
    > > Trilogy as a companion to the Original Trilogy boxed set. Is the
    > > style and format of the Original Trilogy DVDs consistent to the style
    > > and format of the two prequel DVDs available right now? If so, maybe
    > > Lucas will just repackage these existing DVDs into a boxed set.
    > > Otherwise, he might re-release "super special edition" DVDs of those
    > > two movies for the boxed set. In that case, I'd hate to have to buy
    > > these movies twice.
    > >
    > > So... should I go ahead and buy the AotC and TPM DVDs now? Or wait
    > > for a hypothetical boxed set which may or may not come in 2006?

    >
    > Episode Region 1 is out of print, so instead of over paying for it, you
    > should just wait. BTW The acting in Episode One is pretty bad.


    TPM acting is not bad. AOTC acting sucked. If it had been better, the film
    would have been classic.

    I bought TPM DVD once I heard it was out of print and when I saw the
    TPM/AOTC two pack in stores. I knew then I had better get one before I
    would have to buy it in a set. I found one used. The price and the film is
    what kept me from buying it in the first place.
    >
    >
     
    \Guest\, Nov 2, 2004
    #7
  8. Opticreep

    Anybody Guest

    In article <cm8stb$qnb$>, "Mike Kohary" <>
    wrote:

    > Anybody wrote:
    > > In article <cm8abn$mip$>, "Mike Kohary" <>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >> My guess is that we'll see a 6-movie box set in 2007, Star Wars' 30th
    > >> anniversary. I couldn't begin to guess if we'll see even more
    > >> content on the prequel discs, but it wouldn't surprise me. Either
    > >> way, I'd recommend buying the current discs - they're superb
    > >> transfers with lots of great extras. If he re-releases "deluxe
    > >> editions" in 2007, all the better.

    > >
    > > Possible timeline for DVD releases:
    > >
    > > - Episode III Christmas 2005
    > > - Prequel Trilogy Box Set Christmas 2006
    > > - Saga Box Set (6 movies) Christmas 2007
    > > - Super-Saga Box Set Christmas 2017 ;-)

    >
    > Sounds about right! ;)
    >
    > >> I just hope he comes around and finally releases the ORIGINAL
    > >> original trilogy on that set. ;)

    > >
    > > Not gonna happen in this universe (at least while George Lucas is
    > > alive or his legacy ties it up in legal red tape). The original
    > > original tilogy movies are officially long dead and buried.

    >
    > I don't know if that's necessarily the case...think of the PR aspect.
    > "Finally, the original 1977 Star Wars available on H-DVD, first time in
    > hi-def, blah blah blah."


    Except that George Lucas doesn't like those original versions. The
    tweaked SE versions are how he wants his product to be seen, so the old
    ones won't see daylight again (outside those of us with the VHS
    versions).
     
    Anybody, Nov 2, 2004
    #8
  9. Opticreep

    Karyudo Guest

    On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 12:37:56 +1300, Anybody
    <> wrote:

    >The tweaked SE versions are how he wants his product to be seen,
    >so the old ones won't see daylight again (outside those of us with
    >the VHS versions).


    Or those of us with laserdiscs, or those of us with excellent
    LD-to-DVD archival transfers. There are some very, *very* good
    original OT DVDs available. Not official, but who cares?
     
    Karyudo, Nov 3, 2004
    #9
  10. Opticreep

    Jay G. Guest

    On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 12:37:56 +1300, Anybody wrote:
    > In article <cm8stb$qnb$>, "Mike Kohary" <>
    >> I don't know if that's necessarily the case...think of the PR aspect.
    >> "Finally, the original 1977 Star Wars available on H-DVD, first time in
    >> hi-def, blah blah blah."

    >
    > Except that George Lucas doesn't like those original versions. The
    > tweaked SE versions are how he wants his product to be seen, so the old
    > ones won't see daylight again (outside those of us with the VHS
    > versions).


    Well, ignoring the possibility of Lucas changing his mind, he can't live
    forever. Once he's passed on the original versions would most likely be
    released in some form, if his resolve is even that strong.

    -Jay
     
    Jay G., Nov 3, 2004
    #10
  11. Opticreep

    Rutgar Guest

    On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:00:03 -0600, "Jay G." <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 12:37:56 +1300, Anybody wrote:
    >> In article <cm8stb$qnb$>, "Mike Kohary" <>
    >>> I don't know if that's necessarily the case...think of the PR aspect.
    >>> "Finally, the original 1977 Star Wars available on H-DVD, first time in
    >>> hi-def, blah blah blah."

    >>
    >> Except that George Lucas doesn't like those original versions. The
    >> tweaked SE versions are how he wants his product to be seen, so the old
    >> ones won't see daylight again (outside those of us with the VHS
    >> versions).

    >
    >Well, ignoring the possibility of Lucas changing his mind, he can't live
    >forever. Once he's passed on the original versions would most likely be
    >released in some form, if his resolve is even that strong.
    >
    >-Jay


    He's only 60 years old. He could easily live another thirty years.
    You gonna wait that long? Frankly, I'd rather see him do a "Sequel
    Trilogy" (Episodes VII - IX). He mentioned doing it years ago.
    Although, he denies that now.

    - Rutgar
     
    Rutgar, Nov 3, 2004
    #11
  12. Opticreep

    Doonie Guest

    On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 02:21:47 GMT, Karyudo wrote:

    >On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 12:37:56 +1300, Anybody wrote:
    >
    >>The tweaked SE versions are how he wants his product to be seen,
    >>so the old ones won't see daylight again (outside those of us with
    >>the VHS versions).

    >
    >Or those of us with laserdiscs, or those of us with excellent
    >LD-to-DVD archival transfers. There are some very, *very* good
    >original OT DVDs available. Not official, but who cares?


    I'd love to buy a set of DVDs nicely transferred from the LDs, but
    there are so many sets out there (just look on eBay), I don't know
    which one is the best.
     
    Doonie, Nov 3, 2004
    #12
  13. Opticreep

    Jay G. Guest

    On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 03:31:38 GMT, Rutgar wrote:
    > On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:00:03 -0600, "Jay G." <> wrote:
    >>On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 12:37:56 +1300, Anybody wrote:
    >>> Except that George Lucas doesn't like those original versions. The
    >>> tweaked SE versions are how he wants his product to be seen, so the old
    >>> ones won't see daylight again (outside those of us with the VHS
    >>> versions).

    >>
    >>Well, ignoring the possibility of Lucas changing his mind, he can't live
    >>forever. Once he's passed on the original versions would most likely be
    >>released in some form, if his resolve is even that strong.

    >
    > He's only 60 years old. He could easily live another thirty years.
    > You gonna wait that long?


    I can if I have to. I was just pointing out that saying that the original
    versions will never be released again is a bit strong. I personally think
    Lucas will eventually capitulate and release the original versions in some
    form.

    > Frankly, I'd rather see him do a "Sequel
    > Trilogy" (Episodes VII - IX). He mentioned doing it years ago.
    > Although, he denies that now.


    I don't think he's denied that he ever had plans for a sequel trilogy. I
    think his stance now is just that he's not going to do it. Of course, he
    said he wasn't going to do the prequels either.

    -Jay
     
    Jay G., Nov 3, 2004
    #13
  14. Opticreep

    Anybody Guest

    In article <>, Rutgar
    <> wrote:

    > On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:00:03 -0600, "Jay G." <> wrote:
    >
    > >On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 12:37:56 +1300, Anybody wrote:
    > >> In article <cm8stb$qnb$>, "Mike Kohary" <>
    > >>> I don't know if that's necessarily the case...think of the PR aspect.
    > >>> "Finally, the original 1977 Star Wars available on H-DVD, first time in
    > >>> hi-def, blah blah blah."
    > >>
    > >> Except that George Lucas doesn't like those original versions. The
    > >> tweaked SE versions are how he wants his product to be seen, so the old
    > >> ones won't see daylight again (outside those of us with the VHS
    > >> versions).

    > >
    > >Well, ignoring the possibility of Lucas changing his mind, he can't live
    > >forever. Once he's passed on the original versions would most likely be
    > >released in some form, if his resolve is even that strong.

    >
    > He's only 60 years old. He could easily live another thirty years.
    > You gonna wait that long?


    Besides which, George Lucas has already said that he's tied up the Star
    Wars franchise so nobody can do more movies, even after he's died (at
    least not without lots of expensive legal invertention), so it's likely
    to be the same for releasing future versions of the saga he made too.



    > Frankly, I'd rather see him do a "Sequel
    > Trilogy" (Episodes VII - IX). He mentioned doing it years ago.
    > Although, he denies that now.


    The reason is that original vague storyline was thought to cover three
    (or four) trilogies, but during the writing of ESB and especially RotJ
    the storyline changed and there no longer is a third trilogy to George
    Lucas' "Star Wars" saga (the third trilogy was going to be finding
    Luke's sister, etc., who was changed to be Leia).

    We are getting a TV series (we'll have to wait and see if that's good
    news or not), but there's no word yet on when in the timeline it will
    be set and it won't be based around the SkyWalker clan.
     
    Anybody, Nov 3, 2004
    #14
  15. Opticreep

    Jay G. Guest

    On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 17:30:12 +1300, Anybody wrote:
    > In article <>, Rutgar
    > <> wrote:
    >> On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:00:03 -0600, "Jay G." <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Well, ignoring the possibility of Lucas changing his mind, he can't live
    >>>forever. Once he's passed on the original versions would most likely be
    >>>released in some form, if his resolve is even that strong.

    >>
    >> He's only 60 years old. He could easily live another thirty years.
    >> You gonna wait that long?

    >
    > Besides which, George Lucas has already said that he's tied up the Star
    > Wars franchise so nobody can do more movies, even after he's died (at
    > least not without lots of expensive legal invertention), so it's likely
    > to be the same for releasing future versions of the saga he made too.


    Well, at the least George Lucas doesn't own the original Star Wars, Fox
    does. So that film could feasibly be released in its original version no
    matter what Lucas's will says.

    -Jay
     
    Jay G., Nov 3, 2004
    #15
  16. "Jay G." <> wrote in
    news:wedzhehhny28.97tvfgco01x1$:

    >> Frankly, I'd rather see him do a "Sequel
    >> Trilogy" (Episodes VII - IX). He mentioned doing it years ago.
    >> Although, he denies that now.

    >
    > I don't think he's denied that he ever had plans for a sequel trilogy.
    > I think his stance now is just that he's not going to do it. Of
    > course, he said he wasn't going to do the prequels either.


    I recently heard that he was once again considering the idea. Not
    that a rumor from Lucasfilm is anything to be excited over anymore...

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.dvdverdict.com
     
    Aaron J. Bossig, Nov 3, 2004
    #16
  17. Opticreep

    Anybody Guest

    In article <>, "Jay G."
    <> wrote:

    > On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 17:30:12 +1300, Anybody wrote:
    > > In article <>, Rutgar
    > > <> wrote:
    > >> On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:00:03 -0600, "Jay G." <> wrote:
    > >>>
    > >>>Well, ignoring the possibility of Lucas changing his mind, he can't live
    > >>>forever. Once he's passed on the original versions would most likely be
    > >>>released in some form, if his resolve is even that strong.
    > >>
    > >> He's only 60 years old. He could easily live another thirty years.
    > >> You gonna wait that long?

    > >
    > > Besides which, George Lucas has already said that he's tied up the Star
    > > Wars franchise so nobody can do more movies, even after he's died (at
    > > least not without lots of expensive legal invertention), so it's likely
    > > to be the same for releasing future versions of the saga he made too.

    >
    > Well, at the least George Lucas doesn't own the original Star Wars, Fox
    > does. So that film could feasibly be released in its original version no
    > matter what Lucas's will says.


    20th Century Fox doesn't own any Star Wars movies, they're only the
    distributors. George Lucas owns the whole Star Wars franchise himself
    and what he has the final say on whatever happens to it.

    Hopefully he has WAY more intelligence than the Star Trek twits when
    choosing his successor. That's all we need, a pair of money-grubbing
    morons like B&B stuffing up Star Wars. :-(
     
    Anybody, Nov 3, 2004
    #17
  18. Opticreep

    Anybody Guest

    In article <>, "Aaron J. Bossig"
    <> wrote:

    > "Jay G." <> wrote in
    > news:wedzhehhny28.97tvfgco01x1$:
    >
    > >> Frankly, I'd rather see him do a "Sequel
    > >> Trilogy" (Episodes VII - IX). He mentioned doing it years ago.
    > >> Although, he denies that now.

    > >
    > > I don't think he's denied that he ever had plans for a sequel trilogy.
    > > I think his stance now is just that he's not going to do it. Of
    > > course, he said he wasn't going to do the prequels either.


    I don't think George Lucas ever said he "wasn't" going to make the
    prequels. He just wasn't ready back in the 1980s to keep making Star
    Wars ... and with all the idiots whining about the Prequel Trilogy I
    bet he wishes he hadn't bothered now either.



    > I recently heard that he was once again considering the idea. Not
    > that a rumor from Lucasfilm is anything to be excited over anymore...


    You could mean the silly Non-disclosure Agreement rumour that some fool
    spread not long ago. That's already been stated by LucasFilm to be
    rubbish.
     
    Anybody, Nov 3, 2004
    #18
  19. Opticreep

    Solon Guest

    _Rutgar_ spoke thusly:
    > On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:00:03 -0600, "Jay G." <> wrote:
    >
    >>Well, ignoring the possibility of Lucas changing his mind, he can't live
    >>forever. Once he's passed on the original versions would most likely be
    >>released in some form, if his resolve is even that strong.

    >
    > He's only 60 years old. He could easily live another thirty years.
    > You gonna wait that long? Frankly, I'd rather see him do a "Sequel
    > Trilogy" (Episodes VII - IX). He mentioned doing it years ago.
    > Although, he denies that now.


    Sometimes people run over by cars. I'm just saying...

    --
     
    Solon, Nov 3, 2004
    #19
  20. Opticreep

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <031120041730129819%>, Anybody
    <> wrote:

    > In article <>, Rutgar
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >
    > > Frankly, I'd rather see him do a "Sequel
    > > Trilogy" (Episodes VII - IX). He mentioned doing it years ago.
    > > Although, he denies that now.

    >
    > The reason is that original vague storyline was thought to cover three
    > (or four) trilogies, but during the writing of ESB and especially RotJ
    > the storyline changed and there no longer is a third trilogy to George
    > Lucas' "Star Wars" saga (the third trilogy was going to be finding
    > Luke's sister, etc., who was changed to be Leia).
    >

    There's a quote from him, after RotJ, regarding why Luke didn't end up
    with a girlfriend: "You haven't seen the last three movies". Or
    something to that effect, as I read it years ago in Starlog's Star Wars
    10th Anivercery issue :)

    --
    Chris Mack "Refugee, total shit. That's how I've always seen us.
    'Invid Fan' Not a help, you'll admit, to agreement between us."
    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
     
    Invid Fan, Nov 3, 2004
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. BubbCoop

    Star Wars DVDs

    BubbCoop, Sep 22, 2003, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    17
    Views:
    725
    John DeGroof
    Sep 26, 2003
  2. Terry Austin
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    986
    Terry Austin
    Dec 2, 2003
  3. Machina3317

    Re: Star Wars: Clone Wars on dvd?

    Machina3317, Apr 6, 2004, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    626
    Rob McCartney
    Apr 14, 2004
  4. TNEXTWAVE
    Replies:
    22
    Views:
    1,336
    John Eckart
    Oct 1, 2004
  5. DVD Verdict
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    926
    DVD Verdict
    Sep 27, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page