    What a fucking liar. However, he's no fool. He is going to make a ton
    of money on this.

    -Junior

    unclejr, May 4, 2006

  2. "unclejr" <> writes:

    > And I thought that Lucas said that the originals no longer existed!:
    >
    > <http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/release/video/news20060503.html>
    >
    > What a fucking liar. However, he's no fool. He is going to make a ton
    > of money on this.
    >
    > -Junior

    Are you really surprised??

    --
    Scott Streeter

    http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

    Scott Streeter, May 4, 2006

  3. Re: Star Wars Original Trilogy Unaltered Theatrical Version DVD Comingin September?!?!

    unclejr wrote:

    > And I thought that Lucas said that the originals no longer existed!:
    >
    > <http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/release/video/news20060503.html>
    >
    > What a fucking liar. However, he's no fool. He is going to make a ton
    > of money on this.

    Well, on the *first* one, anyway--

    Please pass off the "For those who want to hear the ORIGINAL Ewok song!"
    as a gratuitous bit of marketing copy...

    Derek Janssen (not canon-fanboy, and therefore has his reasonable limits)

    Derek Janssen, May 4, 2006
  4. unclejr

    Justin Guest

    unclejr wrote on [4 May 2006 04:52:19 -0700]:
    > And I thought that Lucas said that the originals no longer existed!:
    >
    > <http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/release/video/news20060503.html>
    >
    > What a fucking liar. However, he's no fool. He is going to make a ton
    > of money on this.

    How did I miss this post?

    Oh well.

    I wonder if this is too little too late.

    I know for me and most of the people I know that they have lost a lot of
    interest in the whole star wars saga

    Justin, May 4, 2006
  5. unclejr

    Guest

    It looks like the theatrical versions won't be cleaned up and won't
    even have 5.1. So they must just be transferring the ld or VHS versions
    apparently.

    unclejr wrote:
    > And I thought that Lucas said that the originals no longer existed!:
    >
    > <http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/release/video/news20060503.html>
    >
    > What a fucking liar. However, he's no fool. He is going to make a ton
    > of money on this.
    >
    > -Junior

    , May 4, 2006
  6. unclejr

    unclejr Guest

    Derek Janssen wrote:
    > Well, on the *first* one, anyway--

    What part of the word, "trilogy" do you fail to comprehend? HTH.

    -Junior

    unclejr, May 4, 2006
  7. Re: Star Wars Original Trilogy Unaltered Theatrical Version DVD Comingin September?!?!

    unclejr wrote:

    > Derek Janssen wrote:
    >
    >>Well, on the *first* one, anyway--

    > What part of the word, "trilogy" do you fail to comprehend? HTH.

    The "We'll seriously buy all three" part.

    Derek Janssen (so, there's somebody *waiting* for the original Empire
    Strikes Back, then?)

    Derek Janssen, May 4, 2006
  8. unclejr

    unclejr Guest

    Derek Janssen wrote:
    > The "We'll seriously buy all three" part.

    Ah... I see. I failed to understand what you were getting at. I
    thought that you were implying that only Star Wars (the original movie)
    was going to be released in September.

    > so, there's somebody *waiting* for the original Empire Strikes Back, then?

    Naturally. I would much rather see the original Monkey Boy/Clive
    Revill as the Emporer than Ian McDiarmid anytime.

    -Junior

    unclejr, May 4, 2006
  9. unclejr

    Sean O'Hara Guest

    Re: Star Wars Original Trilogy Unaltered Theatrical Version DVD Comingin September?!?!

    In the Year of the Dog, the Great and Powerful
    declared:
    > It looks like the theatrical versions won't be cleaned up and won't
    > even have 5.1. So they must just be transferring the ld or VHS versions
    > apparently.

    They won't be restored, which is not the same as not being remastered.

    --
    Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
    Fry: Hey, cheer up. Not everyone turns out like their parents. I

    Sean O'Hara, May 4, 2006
  10. unclejr

    Sean O'Hara Guest

    Re: Star Wars Original Trilogy Unaltered Theatrical Version DVD Comingin September?!?!

    In the Year of the Dog, the Great and Powerful Derek Janssen declared:
    > unclejr wrote:
    >
    >> What a fucking liar. However, he's no fool. He is going to make a ton
    >> of money on this.

    > Well, on the *first* one, anyway--
    >
    > Please pass off the "For those who want to hear the ORIGINAL Ewok song!"
    > as a gratuitous bit of marketing copy...

    How about those who don't want to see Hayden Christiansen standing
    with Yoda and Obi Wan?

    Empire is the only one where you could reasonably argue the current
    DVD is complete butchery. And as someone who doesn't own the current
    DVD set, I'll gladly pick up the new versions.

    --
    Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
    Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably

    Sean O'Hara, May 4, 2006
  11. unclejr

    Bratboy Guest

    "Sean O'Hara" <> wrote in message
    > In the Year of the Dog, the Great and Powerful
    > declared:
    >> It looks like the theatrical versions won't be cleaned up and won't
    >> even have 5.1. So they must just be transferring the ld or VHS versions
    >> apparently.
    >>

    > They won't be restored, which is not the same as not being remastered.
    >

    > --
    > Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
    > Fry: Hey, cheer up. Not everyone turns out like their parents. I mean look
    > at me. My folks were honest, hard-working people.
    > -Futurama

    I just can't justify rebuying then AGAIN. GL is gonna have to get his coin
    from someone else. I understand some ppl are almost anal about
    wanting/needing the origonal theatricals but I see nothing about them even
    trying to clean those up so spending more money just doesnt work for me. If
    nothing else I'll wait till the villianous Netflix has em and maybe I'll
    rent the disc's.

    Bratboy, May 4, 2006
  12. unclejr

    Justin Guest

    Derek Janssen wrote on [Thu, 04 May 2006 15:40:43 -0400]:
    > Sean O'Hara wrote:
    >> In the Year of the Dog, the Great and Powerful Derek Janssen declared:
    >>>
    >>> Well, on the *first* one, anyway--
    >>>
    >>> Please pass off the "For those who want to hear the ORIGINAL Ewok
    >>> song!" as a gratuitous bit of marketing copy...

    >> How about those who don't want to see Hayden Christiansen standing with
    >> Yoda and Obi Wan?

    > Well, that's about it.
    > That, and NOT seeing the Jabba-in-name-only scene restored to the first
    > film, to duplicate the same dialogue we'd already heard five minutes
    > earlier.

    The Yub Yub song was better than those lame city visit scenes

    Justin, May 4, 2006
  13. Re: Star Wars Original Trilogy Unaltered Theatrical Version DVD Comingin September?!?!

    Sean O'Hara wrote:
    > In the Year of the Dog, the Great and Powerful Derek Janssen declared:
    >>
    >> Well, on the *first* one, anyway--
    >>
    >> Please pass off the "For those who want to hear the ORIGINAL Ewok
    >> song!" as a gratuitous bit of marketing copy...

    > How about those who don't want to see Hayden Christiansen standing with
    > Yoda and Obi Wan?

    Well, that's about it.
    That, and NOT seeing the Jabba-in-name-only scene restored to the first
    film, to duplicate the same dialogue we'd already heard five minutes
    earlier.

    > Empire is the only one where you could reasonably argue the current DVD
    > is complete butchery. And as someone who doesn't own the current DVD
    > set, I'll gladly pick up the new versions.

    Er...huh?
    ESB was the only '97 Special Edition where I couldn't notice any changes
    at first, until I'd looked back at the technically underwhelming original...
    (Leaving aside Emperor changes for the DVD, which never quite jibed in
    the originals, either.)

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, May 4, 2006
  14. "unclejr" <> wrote in news:1146743539.440745.96660
    @j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > And I thought that Lucas said that the originals no longer existed!:
    >
    > <http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/release/video/news20060503.html>

    Yayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

    Aaron J. Bossig, May 4, 2006
  15. unclejr

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Derek Janssen" <> wrote in message
    > Er...huh?
    > ESB was the only '97 Special Edition where I couldn't notice any
    > changes at first,

    How about the scene where Vader says "Prepare my shuttle", which is now
    followed by 5 minutes of pointless footage actually culled from the
    beginning of Return of the Jedi watching Vader board his shuttle, fly to
    the destroyer, and depart? All because Lucas felt that people just
    wouldn't be smart enough to figure out that "Prepare my shuttle" means
    that he's going to use it to go somewhere.

    > until I'd looked back at the technically underwhelming original...

    Technically underwhelming, huh? Tell me, Derek, do you have to piss all
    over everything? Is this a compulsion you can't control?

    Joshua Zyber, May 5, 2006
  16. unclejr

    Justin Guest

    Joshua Zyber wrote on [Thu, 4 May 2006 20:51:19 -0400]:

    > Technically underwhelming, huh? Tell me, Derek, do you have to piss all
    > over everything? Is this a compulsion you can't control?

    DUH!

    Derek is a troll.

    Justin, May 5, 2006
  17. unclejr

    M.B. Guest

    Joshua Zyber wrote:

    > Technically underwhelming, huh? Tell me, Derek, do you have to piss all
    > over everything? Is this a compulsion you can't control?

    Ummmm...you're just NOW coming to this realization? Why do you think
    I've had Derek killfiled for years now. He rarely posts anything of
    value. His posts are always a feeble attempt to try and show everyone
    how smart and clever he is by deriding anything and everything.

    M.B., May 5, 2006
  18. "M.B." <> wrote:

    > > Technically underwhelming, huh? Tell me, Derek, do you have to piss all
    > > over everything? Is this a compulsion you can't control?

    > Ummmm...you're just NOW coming to this realization? Why do you think
    > I've had Derek killfiled for years now. He rarely posts anything of
    > value. His posts are always a feeble attempt to try and show everyone
    > how smart and clever he is by deriding anything and everything.

    What do we have here today, a critic!

    Walter Traprock, May 5, 2006
  19. Re: Star Wars Original Trilogy Unaltered Theatrical Version DVD Coming in September?!?!

    Justin <> wrote:

    > > Technically underwhelming, huh? Tell me, Derek, do you have to piss all
    > > over everything? Is this a compulsion you can't control?

    > DUH!
    >
    > Derek is a troll.

    Derek is a critic. duh. that's what a troll is, duh.

    Walter Traprock, May 5, 2006
  20. unclejr

    Jay G. Guest

    On Thu, 04 May 2006 14:13:06 -0400, Derek Janssen wrote:

    > unclejr wrote:
    >
    >> Derek Janssen wrote:
    >>
    >>>Well, on the *first* one, anyway--

    >> What part of the word, "trilogy" do you fail to comprehend? HTH.

    > The "We'll seriously buy all three" part.
    >
    > Derek Janssen (so, there's somebody *waiting* for the original Empire
    > Strikes Back, then?)

    I am. I'm much more willing to accept any mistakes Lucas original made
    than the mistakes he made years later in changes.

    Also, the releases will have *both* versions, so it's a perfect opportunity
    for people like me who didn't buy the first DVD sets.

    -Jay

    Jay G., May 5, 2006