Star Wars Next September?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Stan Jensen, Nov 6, 2003.

  1. Stan Jensen

    Stan Jensen Guest

    From the Digital Bits website...

    Well, we've finally heard from our sources on that meeting that
    Lucasfilm held yesterday at the Presidio with their retail partners.
    Here's the skinny, and you guys are gonna love it... Star Wars:
    Episodes IV, V & VI are coming to DVD in September of 2004. The
    animated series of Clone Wars shorts appearing soon on the Cartoon
    Network will also be released on DVD, possibly before the end of this
    year. The teaser campaign for Episode III will begin in January of
    2005, leading up to the May theatrical release. Finally... Episode III
    will hit DVD in November of 2005. This is going to be all over the Net
    soon, and you can already read more about it at Ain't it Cool News.
    Keep in mind that none of this is official until Lucasfilm publically
    announces it... but this is certainly, at long last, the real deal.

    Stay tuned...
    Stan Jensen, Nov 6, 2003

  2. Stan Jensen

    Impmon Guest

    On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 21:11:11 GMT, Stan Jensen <>
    typed:

    >Stay tuned...

    Last I heard, the second trilogy wasn't going to be issued on DVD until
    after Ep 3 was released. So either someone managed to convience George
    to mover the release date to before Ep 3 or someone's having a little
    late (early?) April's Fools joke.
    --
    space for rent.
    To reply, change digi.mon to tds.net
    Impmon, Nov 7, 2003

  3. Stan Jensen

    Peter Guest

    I can see it being a bare bones DVD set, just to drive up hype for Ep III.
    However, after Ep III is out on DVD, I'm sure they'll have a jam packed
    DVD set.

    Now after buying the original VHS trilogy
    Then buying the widescreen THX trilogy
    then buying the Special Edition Trilogy

    Do I really want to buy yet ANOTHER set of this movie ? Probably not.

    Impmon wrote:
    > On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 21:11:11 GMT, Stan Jensen <>
    > typed:
    >

    >>Stay tuned...

    > Last I heard, the second trilogy wasn't going to be issued on DVD until
    > after Ep 3 was released. So either someone managed to convience George
    > to mover the release date to before Ep 3 or someone's having a little
    > late (early?) April's Fools joke.

    --
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the
    computer you will find at least two human errors,
    Peter, Nov 7, 2003
  4. Stan Jensen

    Frohike Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    > I can see it being a bare bones DVD set, just to drive up hype for Ep III.
    > However, after Ep III is out on DVD, I'm sure they'll have a jam packed
    > DVD set.
    >
    > Now after buying the original VHS trilogy
    > Then buying the widescreen THX trilogy
    > then buying the Special Edition Trilogy
    >
    > Do I really want to buy yet ANOTHER set of this movie ? Probably not.

    Even if Greedo doesn't shoot first?
    Frohike, Nov 7, 2003
  5. Stan Jensen

    Max Volume Guest

    In article <bof1a8$ba6$>, Peter
    <> wrote:

    > Do I really want to buy yet ANOTHER set of this movie ? Probably not.

    The year: 2010...

    "Grandpa, why do you still have that ancient VCR, and what are those
    three tapes on top of it?"

    "Those are the ORIGINAL versions of the STAR WARS Trilogy. Your
    grandpa is too stubborn to sit through a few seconds of CGI so I still
    keep this VCR so I can see the movies just like they were in the olden
    days."

    Fucking idiot.
    Max Volume, Nov 7, 2003
  6. Stan Jensen

    Impmon Guest

    On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 21:46:33 -0500, Peter <> typed:

    >Now after buying the original VHS trilogy
    >Then buying the widescreen THX trilogy
    >then buying the Special Edition Trilogy
    >
    >Do I really want to buy yet ANOTHER set of this movie ? Probably not.

    Only if it's the original set on DVD so that I may chaulk off another
    VHS tape from my room. I'll pass on the Special Edition though, it's
    just not the same anymore.
    Impmon, Nov 7, 2003
  7. Stan Jensen

    Bobcancel Guest

    << In article <bof1a8$ba6$>, Peter
    <> wrote:

    > Do I really want to buy yet ANOTHER set of this movie ? Probably not.

    The year: 2010...

    "Grandpa, why do you still have that ancient VCR, and what are those
    three tapes on top of it?"

    "Those are the ORIGINAL versions of the STAR WARS Trilogy. Your
    grandpa is too stubborn to sit through a few seconds of CGI so I still
    keep this VCR so I can see the movies just like they were in the olden
    days."

    Fucking idiot.

    The year 2020:

    Timmy: Grandpa, what are you doing sitting at that computer for the 12th
    straight hour? You spent day in and day out scoping the newsgroups? Why?
    Grandpa: Well, Timmy. It's pretty simple. My parents -- that's your
    great-grandparents , Timmy -- didn't give me enough attention as a child. As a
    result my my sense of self comes from surfing newsgroups acting like a
    self-important judge and executioner of other people's ideas. At my age,
    validation is hard to come by and this is the only way to convince myself that
    I matter in this world.
    Timmy: Wow. What a waste of time, Grandpa! Don't you know that there isn't
    any part of the human condition that can not be placed up for ridicule. Don't
    you know that spewing your bile all over the internet simply makes you look
    like a "fucking idiot."
    Grandpa: You're right, Timmy. I'm wrong. I'm sorry for being so selfish.
    Yes, Timmy, I'm promise to honor the opinions of others for all the days of my
    life and if, perchance, that I do disagree with another person's opinion, I
    pledge that I will honor that person with three good sentences explaining in
    thoughtful detail why I disagree.
    Timmy: Yes. Isn't that a better way of communicating?
    Grandpa: Yes, give me a hug.
    Bobcancel, Nov 7, 2003
  8. Stan Jensen

    Smaug69 Guest

    Max Volume <> wrote in message news:<071120030253254359%>...
    > In article <bof1a8$ba6$>, Peter
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Do I really want to buy yet ANOTHER set of this movie ? Probably not.

    > The year: 2010...
    >
    > "Grandpa, why do you still have that ancient VCR, and what are those
    > three tapes on top of it?"
    >
    > "Those are the ORIGINAL versions of the STAR WARS Trilogy. Your
    > grandpa is too stubborn to sit through a few seconds of CGI so I still
    > keep this VCR so I can see the movies just like they were in the olden
    > days."
    >
    > Fucking idiot.

    A few seconds of CGI? What about Greedo?

    Fucking retard.

    Smaug69
    Smaug69, Nov 7, 2003
  9. Stan Jensen

    Eric R. Guest

    Max Volume <> wrote in message

    > Fucking idiot.

    If he's a fucking idiot, then he's far from alone. There are quite a
    few of us who believe that a film is a piece of cultural history--and
    that one shouldn't be tampered with just because some greedy asshole
    wants to produce some new toys and put in some new gee-whiz special
    effects.

    But, hey, to each his own.

    The originals will eventually be released, though. Lucas can't live
    forever. But until then, this fucking idiot will be keeping his
    laserdiscs.

    -Eric
    Eric R., Nov 7, 2003
  10. Stan Jensen

    Wade365 Guest

    << "Those are the ORIGINAL versions of the STAR WARS Trilogy. Your
    grandpa is too stubborn to sit through a few seconds of CGI so I still
    keep this VCR so I can see the movies just like they were in the olden
    days."

    Fucking idiot. >>

    Fucking kid who probably wasn't born yet when these movies originally hit the
    theaters... shut your gob... no one wants your "wish I was a troll" ass.
    Wade365, Nov 7, 2003
  11. Stan Jensen

    Wade365 Guest

    << If he's a fucking idiot, then he's far from alone. >>

    Same here... I'm a fucking idiot too... I have those same three
    Just-Before-Tampering issued VHS and I'm dumping them to DVD. Lucas can shove
    his re-do.

    PS - The exchange between Timmy & Grampa was PRICELESS. That mad my morning!!!
    Wade365, Nov 7, 2003
  12. Stan Jensen

    SDamien3 Guest

    >The originals will eventually be released, though. Lucas can't live
    >forever. But until then, this fucking idiot will be keeping his
    >laserdiscs.

    A-frickin'-men, brother!

    "The Han Solo I grew up with would never have let Greedo get the jump on him."
    SDamien3, Nov 7, 2003
  13. Stan Jensen

    Eric R. Guest

    ROTFLMAO!

    Eric R., Nov 7, 2003
  14. Stan Jensen

    Jens Thomsen Guest

    Eric R. wrote:
    > Max Volume <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Fucking idiot.

    > If he's a fucking idiot, then he's far from alone.

    Well, I, for one, consider his remark quite the compliment. I mean, compared
    to Maxie, being a "fucking idiot" isn't really doing bad, is it?

    /Jens
    Jens Thomsen, Nov 7, 2003
  15. Stan Jensen

    Max Volume Guest

    In article <>, Bobcancel
    <> wrote:

    > The year 2020:

    Nice to see you have so much time on your hands. How about this...

    Being so set in your ways that you'd rather hang onto grainy videotapes
    with translucent ships, etc. than sit through a few seconds of CGI that
    represent the original vision of the director is fucking ridiculous.
    Max Volume, Nov 7, 2003
  16. Stan Jensen

    Max Volume Guest

    In article <>, Smaug69
    <> wrote:

    > A few seconds of CGI? What about Greedo?

    I agree on the Greedo point, but will that stop me from buying the
    DVDs? No, I'll just create my own version -- simple enough?
    Max Volume, Nov 7, 2003
  17. Stan Jensen

    Max Volume Guest

    In article <>, Eric R.
    <> wrote:

    > If he's a fucking idiot, then he's far from alone. There are quite a
    > few of us who believe that a film is a piece of cultural history--and
    > that one shouldn't be tampered with just because some greedy asshole
    > wants to produce some new toys and put in some new gee-whiz special
    > effects.

    Then you have no fucking clue why Lucas created the Special Editions at
    all, and don't deserve the benefit of all the labor involved. If you
    think it was just a money grab in spite of all that's been explained
    about the reasons for the SE, then you've obviously never done anything
    creative in your life.
    Max Volume, Nov 7, 2003
  18. Stan Jensen

    Max Volume Guest

    In article <>, Wade365
    <> wrote:

    > Fucking kid who probably wasn't born yet when these movies originally hit the
    > theaters... shut your gob... no one wants your "wish I was a troll" ass.

    For your information, I did see the original release, but I also
    understand why the Special Editions exist. For anyone to claim that it
    was just a marketing ploy is beyond ridiculous.
    Max Volume, Nov 7, 2003
  19. Stan Jensen

    GMAN Guest

    In article <071120031820536531%>, Max Volume <> wrote:
    >In article <>, Bobcancel
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> The year 2020:

    >Nice to see you have so much time on your hands. How about this...
    >
    >Being so set in your ways that you'd rather hang onto grainy videotapes
    >with translucent ships, etc. than sit through a few seconds of CGI that
    >represent the original vision of the director is fucking ridiculous.

    Revisionist egotistical bullshit!!!!!
    GMAN, Nov 8, 2003
  20. Stan Jensen

    Smaug69 Guest

    Max Volume <> wrote in message news:<071120031823517192%>...
    > In article <>, Eric R.
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > If he's a fucking idiot, then he's far from alone. There are quite a
    > > few of us who believe that a film is a piece of cultural history--and
    > > that one shouldn't be tampered with just because some greedy asshole
    > > wants to produce some new toys and put in some new gee-whiz special
    > > effects.

    > Then you have no fucking clue why Lucas created the Special Editions at
    > all,

    Because he lost his fucking mind. He ceased being a filmmaker back in
    the 1970s.

    > and don't deserve the benefit of all the labor involved. If you
    > think it was just a money grab in spite of all that's been explained
    > about the reasons for the SE, then you've obviously never done anything
    > creative in your life.

    And if you had ever done anything creative in your life or been
    inspired by anything creative in your life then you would understand
    why someone like me considers you to be as much a clueless fucking
    asshole as Luca$ is.

    Smaug69
    Smaug69, Nov 8, 2003