Star Wars: Episode VII - Attack Of The Show

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by RobMac, Sep 21, 2006.

  1. RobMac

    RobMac Guest

    On G4's "Attack Of The Show", they did 3 short "Extended Scenes" from the
    Original Trilogy
    (they were discussing the "Original" Original Trilogy DVDs this past week -
    and spoofing George Lucas' attempt to "bring the Originals into line with
    the Prequels").

    They "update" Obi-Wan's explanations to Luke regarding Anakin & Yoda:

    - In Star Wars they update the "...your father's lightsaber..." scene in
    Obi-Wan's hut....

    - In Empire they update the "...you will learn from Yoda, the Jedi Master
    who instructed me..." scene on Hoth...

    - And in Jedi they update the "...from a certain point of view..." scene on
    Dagobah...

    To see the videos of these, go to
    http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/videos/index.html
    If they're gone from this page, visit the "Recent Videos" section and look
    for "Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope Extended Scene", "Star Wars: Episode
    V: The Empire Strikes Back Extended Scene" and, of course, "Star Wars:
    Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi Extended Scene" clips......all of these are
    under the date "9/18/2006".

    Enjoy, and May The Force Be With You, Always

    RobMac, Sep 21, 2006

  2. RobMac

    Samurai Guest

    Lucas is the biggest menace of all! The worst part is he's brainwashing
    contemporary directors (like SUPERMAN RETURNS' Brian Singer) into using
    digital when film still beats it to death. My film instructor said on
    Wednesday (and he's an experienced filmmaker, not just a PhD theorist) that
    comparatively film is 4000 lines of resolution or so and even HD is only a
    tenth of that (or so), when blown up on the big screen. I thought the blacks
    in SUPER were pretty bad and the SFX definitely flat (especially the
    washed-out "Kryptonian crystal island" segments). I just bought a new TV and
    still marvel at how crappy television shows look (with a few exceptions) as
    compared to features on DVD. And people still rent videos!
    Samurai, Sep 23, 2006

  3. RobMac

    RobMac Guest

    "Samurai" <> wrote in message
    > Lucas is the biggest menace of all! The worst part is he's brainwashing
    > contemporary directors (like SUPERMAN RETURNS' Brian Singer) into using
    > digital when film still beats it to death. My film instructor said on
    > Wednesday (and he's an experienced filmmaker, not just a PhD theorist)
    > that comparatively film is 4000 lines of resolution or so and even HD is
    > only a tenth of that (or so), when blown up on the big screen. I thought
    > the blacks in SUPER were pretty bad and the SFX definitely flat
    > (especially the washed-out "Kryptonian crystal island" segments). I just
    > bought a new TV and still marvel at how crappy television shows look (with
    > a few exceptions) as compared to features on DVD. And people still rent
    > videos!

    O---kay....but....this was a light-hearted spoof about Lucas attempting to
    bring the OT into line with the PT....not an attack on Lucas for using
    Digital Film as opposed to "standard" film....sorry you missed the point...

    RobMac, Sep 23, 2006