  1. Any idea when this title will be out ?
    Someone mentioned October, that that seems *way* too soon to me - maybe
    Christmas time ?

    andrew.upton4, May 6, 2005

  2. andrew.upton4

    Biz Guest

    Like any other title, it could be anywhere from 3 to 6 months after its
    theatrical run. Your best bet will be to lurk on the SW fanboy sites to get
    teh best info.

    Biz, May 7, 2005

  3. andrew.upton4

    Jay Stewart Guest

    "Biz" <> wrote in message
    > Like any other title, it could be anywhere from 3 to 6 months after its
    > theatrical run. Your best bet will be to lurk on the SW fanboy sites to
    > get
    > teh best info.
    >

    > "andrew.upton4" <> wrote in message
    >> Any idea when this title will be out ?
    >> Someone mentioned October, that that seems *way* too soon to me - maybe
    >> Christmas time ?

    I'll bet $2.00 (US) that it is out by Christmas!

    Jay Stewart, May 7, 2005
  4. andrew.upton4

    Impmon Guest

    On Fri, 06 May 2005 22:54:28 GMT, "andrew.upton4"
    <> wrote:

    >Any idea when this title will be out ?
    >Someone mentioned October, that that seems *way* too soon to me - maybe
    >Christmas time ?

    Knowing some underground warez, probably a few days or so before the
    movie comes out in theaters.

    Legally, the movie should be out before Christmas to take advantage of
    the shopping season.

    Impmon, May 7, 2005
  5. In article <mPSee.1254339$8l.1078712@pd7tw1no>,
    Jay Stewart <> wrote:

    >"Biz" <> wrote in message
    >> Like any other title, it could be anywhere from 3 to 6 months after its
    >> theatrical run. Your best bet will be to lurk on the SW fanboy sites to
    >> get
    >> teh best info.
    >>

    >> "andrew.upton4" <> wrote in message
    >>> Any idea when this title will be out ?
    >>> Someone mentioned October, that that seems *way* too soon to me - maybe
    >>> Christmas time ?
    >>>

    >I'll bet $2.00 (US) that it is out by Christmas!

    In a complete set of 6, and a special box, at $100 ?

    Bill

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

    Bill Vermillion, May 7, 2005
  6. andrew.upton4

    Galley Guest

    On Fri, 06 May 2005 22:54:28 GMT, "andrew.upton4" <>
    spewed forth these words of wisdom:

    >Any idea when this title will be out ?
    >Someone mentioned October, that that seems *way* too soon to me - maybe
    >Christmas time ?

    There's a Star Wars promotion happening at Burger King in Nov., so that must be
    when the DVD is going to be released.

    Galley

    Galley, May 7, 2005
  7. Best guess is that it will come out in the weeks before Christmas.
    Great stocking stuffer!

    The Video Poker King, May 7, 2005
  8. "Bill Vermillion" <> wrote in message news:...

    >>I'll bet $2.00 (US) that it is out by Christmas!

    > In a complete set of 6, and a special box, at $100 ?

    Nah, Lucas will milk this for all he can as usual. It will come out solo
    this Christman and the complete boxed set will be out in Summer or the next
    Christmas. Last gasp of breath for standard DVD until the HD DVD set comes
    out.

    Incremental Jones, May 7, 2005
  9. andrew.upton4

    Mark Spatny Guest

    The Video Poker King, says...
    > Best guess is that it will come out in the weeks before Christmas.
    > Great stocking stuffer!

    Why do you assume it's a great stocking stuffer? Do you hate the person
    you plan to give it to?

    Mark Spatny, May 8, 2005
  10. andrew.upton4

    Impmon Guest

    On Sat, 07 May 2005 12:07:22 GMT, "Incremental Jones" <>
    wrote:

    >Nah, Lucas will milk this for all he can as usual. It will come out solo
    >this Christman and the complete boxed set will be out in Summer or the next
    >Christmas. Last gasp of breath for standard DVD until the HD DVD set comes
    >out.

    not quite: after the 6 episode box set next year, Lucas will milk some
    more by releasing yet another "Special Edition" (read: further hacked)
    sometime between then and the release of HD-DVD.

    Here's a suggestion for Lucas that will also boost his profit: release
    the second trilogy in *original* and unedited form.

    Impmon, May 8, 2005
  11. On Sat, 07 May 2005 05:05:01 GMT, (Bill Vermillion) wrote:

    >In article <mPSee.1254339$8l.1078712@pd7tw1no>,
    >Jay Stewart <> wrote:
    >>
    >>"Biz" <> wrote in message
    >>> Like any other title, it could be anywhere from 3 to 6 months after its
    >>> theatrical run. Your best bet will be to lurk on the SW fanboy sites to
    >>> get
    >>> teh best info.
    >>>

    >>> "andrew.upton4" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>I'll bet $2.00 (US) that it is out by Christmas!

    >In a complete set of 6, and a special box, at $100 ?
    >
    >Bill

    If Lucas could cough up some more original extras to add to EP 1-2, I
    wouldn't mind buying a box of 1-3, since I just bought the OT set last
    fall.

    -Martin

    Martin O'Brien, May 8, 2005
  12. andrew.upton4

    Impmon Guest

    On Sun, 08 May 2005 07:17:54 GMT, Mark Spatny
    <> wrote:

    >Why do you assume it's a great stocking stuffer? Do you hate the person
    >you plan to give it to?

    That is assuming Episode 3 stinks as bad if not worse than the first
    2. Officially the movie's not out for another week or so and all we
    have now are the book and comic books.

    Impmon, May 8, 2005
  13. andrew.upton4

    Mr. Moe Guest

    On Sun, 08 May 2005 16:34:12 -0400, Impmon <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 08 May 2005 07:17:54 GMT, Mark Spatny
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Why do you assume it's a great stocking stuffer? Do you hate the person
    >>you plan to give it to?

    >That is assuming Episode 3 stinks as bad if not worse than the first
    >2. Officially the movie's not out for another week or so and all we
    >have now are the book and comic books.

    Personally, I liked the first one alot. I haven't seen "Clones" yet.
    Mr. Moe

    Mr. Moe, May 9, 2005
  14. andrew.upton4

    Impmon Guest

    On Mon, 09 May 2005 03:01:10 GMT, Mr. Moe <> wrote:

    >Personally, I liked the first one alot. I haven't seen "Clones" yet.
    >Mr. Moe

    IMHO it's worse than the first one. With the first one, you'd have to
    contend with a goofy character who should have stayed in saturday
    morning cartoons and a child "hero" who saves the world when he made a
    little mistake. The second one played more like a video game.

    Impmon, May 9, 2005
  15. Impmon wrote:
    > On Mon, 09 May 2005 03:01:10 GMT, Mr. Moe <> wrote:
    >

    >>Personally, I liked the first one alot. I haven't seen "Clones" yet.
    >>Mr. Moe

    > IMHO it's worse than the first one. With the first one, you'd have to
    > contend with a goofy character who should have stayed in saturday
    > morning cartoons and a child "hero" who saves the world when he made a
    > little mistake. The second one played more like a video game.

    OTOH, the ending scene finally brings in the "OHHhhh, THAT'S how it ties
    in!"--which the first movie was woefully short on--and *finally* (if a
    tad late) gets the more forgiving fan keyed up on how Neo-George planned
    to tie the whole thing together twenty years after the fact...

    (Oh, and it's considered necessary to watch it now, before someone else
    spoils the whole Yoda thing--Yeah, we know, but it's like Rosebud and
    "Citizen Kane", there's always somebody who hasn't rented it yet...)

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, May 9, 2005
  16. Scott Streeter, May 9, 2005
  17. Impmon wrote:
    > On Sun, 08 May 2005 07:17:54 GMT, Mark Spatny
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Why do you assume it's a great stocking stuffer? Do you hate the
    >> person you plan to give it to?

    > That is assuming Episode 3 stinks as bad if not worse than the first
    > 2. Officially the movie's not out for another week or so and all we
    > have now are the book and comic books.

    I heard one reviewer who got to see the advance screening today, say it
    makes up for the first two... It sounded like he like it quite a bit. It
    wouldn't say anymore than that....

    Quantum Leaper, May 9, 2005
  18. andrew.upton4

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <1aRfe.70443$WI3.52566@attbi_s71>,
    "Quantum Leaper" <> wrote:

    > I heard one reviewer who got to see the advance screening today, say it
    > makes up for the first two... It sounded like he like it quite a bit. It
    > wouldn't say anymore than that....

    Kevin Smith's review more or less said the same thing. Though I don't
    fully trust him. I wouldn't put it past him to agree to write a positive
    review if he was offered just a little piece of that gigantic Lucas
    money pit.

    Black Locust, May 10, 2005
  19. andrew.upton4

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Incremental Jones, says...
    > Nah, Lucas will milk this for all he can as usual. It will come out solo
    > this Christman and the complete boxed set will be out in Summer or the next
    > Christmas. Last gasp of breath for standard DVD until the HD DVD set comes
    > out.

    There are companies which have technology that can 'fake' stereo imaging
    from a non-stereo source. Lucas is exploring the possibility of
    rereleasing the movies using that technology.

    Mark Spatny, May 12, 2005
  20. My guess is that many people will consider it a great stocking stuffer
    for the kids in their lives, as well as big star wars fans they know,
    regardless of whether it is a very good movie or not.

    The Video Poker King, May 15, 2005