Star Wars Easter Eggs.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by One-Shot Scot, Sep 30, 2004.

  1. How did they ever find this stuff ?!?

    May the farce be with you. @(^_~)@

    Star Wars Trilogy
    On 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment/Lucasfilm's release of the
    original 'Star Wars Trilogy' you can once again find a cool little
    hidden feature.

    To find it insert the fourth disc of the set, the one containing all the
    special features. From the Main Menu go to the 'Video Games and Still
    Galleries' section. On the following screen use your remote control to
    type '11' and then press the 'Enter' key. Depending on your DVD player
    model you may have to press the '10+' and then the '1' key. Next, type
    '3' followed by the 'Enter' key and then '8' once again followed by
    'Enter.' This will give you access to an almost 5-minute long blooper
    reel with the DVD credits, consisting of hilarious clips from all three
    films.

    All three movies also have three different kinds of menus that are
    selected at random when you boot up the disc. If you want to switch to
    any particular menu set, you can do so with a little trick, too. To get
    the first menu, simply press the 'Audio' button on your remote control
    while the FBI logo is visible. To boot up the second menu, press the '2'
    button during the FBI screen and in order to get to the third menu
    layout, press '12' - it may be '10+' and '2' depending on your player -
    and then press the '2' button once again. This Easter Egg is a
    contribution from our reader Terribly Mauled and Drew Denson.

    http://www.dvdreview.com/eastereggs/collect/624.html

    One-Shot Scot, Sep 30, 2004

  2. One-Shot Scot

    Chris4V Guest

    wow

    Chris4V, Sep 30, 2004

  3. One-Shot Scot

    Meng Guest

    One-Shot Scot wrote:

    > To find it insert the fourth disc of the set, the one containing all the
    > special features. From the Main Menu go to the 'Video Games and Still
    > Galleries' section. On the following screen use your remote control to
    > type '11' and then press the 'Enter' key. Depending on your DVD player
    > model you may have to press the '10+' and then the '1' key. Next, type
    > '3' followed by the 'Enter' key and then '8' once again followed by
    > 'Enter.' This will give you access to an almost 5-minute long blooper
    > reel with the DVD credits, consisting of hilarious clips from all three
    > films.

    Has the dictionary definition of "hilarious" changed to "mildly amusing
    at best"?

    Meng, Sep 30, 2004
  4. One-Shot Scot

    Jake Guest

    1138, George Lucas....ring a bell?

    Jake, Oct 1, 2004
  5. One-Shot Scot

    Rutgar Guest

    <snip>

    All of this hidden menu crap is why all three disks freeze up on the
    main menus on my Pioneer Elite DV-47a. Again, the old rule applies;
    Keep It Simple Stupid.

    - Rutgar

    Rutgar, Oct 1, 2004
  6. One-Shot Scot

    Impmon Guest

    On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 07:02:55 -0700, "One-Shot Scot" <>
    wrote:

    >How did they ever find this stuff ?!?

    [snip]

    >To find it insert the fourth disc of the set, the one containing all the
    >special features. From the Main Menu go to the 'Video Games and Still
    >Galleries' section. On the following screen use your remote control to
    >type '11' and then press the 'Enter' key. Depending on your DVD player
    >model you may have to press the '10+' and then the '1' key. Next, type
    >'3' followed by the 'Enter' key and then '8' once again followed by
    >'Enter.' This will give you access to an almost 5-minute long blooper
    >reel with the DVD credits, consisting of hilarious clips from all three
    >films.

    11-3-8... hmmm... THX 1138?

    Sometimes the secret code is pretty obvious. ^_^ other time someone
    may have picked apart the DVD in their computer and combed over the
    menu code to find secrets.

    Impmon, Oct 12, 2004
  7. One-Shot Scot

    WinField Guest

    Impmon wrote:
    > On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 07:02:55 -0700, "One-Shot Scot" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>How did they ever find this stuff ?!?

    > [snip]

    [snip again]

    > 11-3-8... hmmm... THX 1138?
    >
    > Sometimes the secret code is pretty obvious. ^_^ other time someone
    > may have picked apart the DVD in their computer and combed over the
    > menu code to find secrets.

    Is this really what happens? (like that scene in Space_Balls where the
    bad guys are "combing" the desert ... ha!)

    Seems the studio/folks-in-the-know just "leak" this info and it gets
    passed around.

    DVD combers of the world - make yourselves known! {Winf}

    WinField, Oct 13, 2004
  8. One-Shot Scot

    Impmon Guest

    On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:13:02 -0700, WinField <>
    wrote:

    >Seems the studio/folks-in-the-know just "leak" this info and it gets
    >passed around.

    hmmm... that too :)

    Impmon, Oct 13, 2004
  9. One-Shot Scot

    WinField Guest

    Impmon wrote:

    > On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 07:02:55 -0700, "One-Shot Scot" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>How did they ever find this stuff ?!?

    > [snip]

    [more snip]