    set!!

    oh and the commentary on the holiday special is HLARIOUS!!! lucas really
    takes the piss out of himself on this one!

    el stinky, Apr 1, 2004

  2. el stinky

    Nick Guest

    OT boxset what is this?

    "el stinky" <> wrote in message
    news:8pQac.83253$Bg.23872@fed1read03...
    > i got the OT boxset from amazon today!!! In the menu with the T16 swooping
    > through beggars canyon you can use the selection arrows on your remote to
    > manuever the ship to the left on the 11th canyon, which also happens to

    be
    > 38 seconds into the menu(nice touch). when you come to the womprats hit

    the
    > enter button to fire at the 4th, 5th or 6th womprat. depending on which

    one

    Nick, Apr 1, 2004

  3. From: "Nick"

    >OT boxset what is this?

    The 412004 box set.

    Rupert Pupkin, Apr 1, 2004
  4. el stinky

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Nick" <> wrote in message
    > OT boxset what is this?

    Think about what the date today is.

    Joshua Zyber, Apr 1, 2004
  5. el stinky

    Gromit Guest

    April Fool.

    Here are a couple of stories that have surfaced today:

    "In a phone interview, "Star Wars" creator George Lucas revealed Thursday,
    that the original theatrical release of the "Star Wars" trilogy would be
    available on the upcoming DVD release, utilizing a special DVD technology
    known as 'seamless branching'. "We looked at all the reactions to the DVD
    announcement, both good and bad", said Lucas, from the Skywalker Ranch
    production studio, where he is currently deep in post-production on the last
    "Star Wars" film. "We saw that many of our fans were devoted to the original
    theatrical release, and very much wanted that included on the DVD release.
    Although I consider the recent Special Edition release to be the definitive
    version of the films, we nevertheless appreciate our fans devotion and will
    therefore include both versions on the discs". The Special Editions were
    released in 1997, with all new digital effects, and revamped scenes. The new
    releases offended many Star Wars purists, who believe Lucas' 'revisionist
    dabbling' had destroyed the films they had to come to love so much."

    I know it sounds too good to be true, but a friend of mine who works at
    Lucas Ltd. confirms the speculation. This is what he told me Mr. Lucas said:

    "We talked about this issue when planning the DVD release of the Star Wars
    Trilogy. I was the only one on the Board, who said I'd rather wait to
    release the theatrical editions when the HD-DVD & Blu-ray DVD release of all
    six films is scheduled in 2008. But my company has been bombarded with mails
    daily to include the originals on the forthcoming DVD release of the Star
    Wars Trilogy. So I have decided to listen to the fans, and include the
    original Star Wars Trilogy now. In order to do so we need another year to do
    the necessary preparation, and expect to release the SE editions and the
    theatrical editions on DVD in September 2005 instead. At this point no date
    is confirmed, yet. "

    "Joshua Zyber" <> skrev i en
    meddelelse news:z6Uac.6510$...

    Gromit, Apr 1, 2004
  6. el stinky

    Mike Kohary Guest

    said:

    > "We talked about this issue when planning the DVD release of the Star Wars
    > Trilogy. I was the only one on the Board, who said I'd rather wait to
    > release the theatrical editions when the HD-DVD & Blu-ray DVD release of

    all
    > six films is scheduled in 2008. But my company has been bombarded with

    mails
    > daily to include the originals on the forthcoming DVD release of the Star
    > Wars Trilogy. So I have decided to listen to the fans, and include the
    > original Star Wars Trilogy now. In order to do so we need another year to

    do
    > the necessary preparation, and expect to release the SE editions and the
    > theatrical editions on DVD in September 2005 instead. At this point no

    date
    > is confirmed, yet. "

    Ok, don't tease me. This is also an April Fool's joke, just without
    punchlines, right? Right???

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, Apr 1, 2004
  7. el stinky

    Shadowspawn Guest

    On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 15:22:36 +0200, "Gromit" <> wrote:

    >April Fool.
    >
    >Here are a couple of stories that have surfaced today:
    >
    >"In a phone interview, "Star Wars" creator George Lucas revealed Thursday,
    >that the original theatrical release of the "Star Wars" trilogy would be
    >available on the upcoming DVD release, utilizing a special DVD technology
    >known as 'seamless branching'. "We looked at all the reactions to the DVD
    >announcement, both good and bad", said Lucas, from the Skywalker Ranch
    >production studio, where he is currently deep in post-production on the last
    >"Star Wars" film. "We saw that many of our fans were devoted to the original
    >theatrical release, and very much wanted that included on the DVD release.
    >Although I consider the recent Special Edition release to be the definitive
    >version of the films, we nevertheless appreciate our fans devotion and will
    >therefore include both versions on the discs".

    This was plausible until this statement. Lucas has NO appreciation
    for the fans. He does what he wants and all the rest of us be damned.

    Shadowspawn, Apr 1, 2004
  8. el stinky

    Eric R. Guest

    "el stinky" <> wrote in message news:<8pQac.83253$Bg.23872@fed1read03>...
    > i got the OT boxset from amazon today!!!

    Wow, an April Fool's Day post on Usenet. How original.

    -Eric

    Eric R., Apr 2, 2004
  9. el stinky

    el stinky Guest

    Eric R. wrote:

    > Wow, an April Fool's Day post on Usenet. How original.
    >
    > -Eric

    someone needs a hug.

    el stinky, Apr 2, 2004