Star Wars Early arrivals?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Wild Coyote, Sep 15, 2004.

  1. Wild Coyote

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:27:04 -0600, "argo" <askme> wrote:

    >Has anyone gotten their sets early via mail yet? If so who?

    That is a really good question, but it looks like THX 1138 didn't go
    out until it was supposed to. Lucas has enough juice to make them sit
    on it until official release day. Jerking the chains.

    So no, I have not received the shipping notification.

    --
    Still Howlin' at the Moon!

    Wild Coyote
    wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

    Wild Coyote, Sep 15, 2004

  2. Wild Coyote

    argo Guest

    Has anyone gotten their sets early via mail yet? If so who?

    argo, Sep 15, 2004

  3. Wild Coyote

    TB Guest

    "argo" <askme> wrote in message news:41487b49$...
    > Has anyone gotten their sets early via mail yet? If so who?

    I've had my set for over two weeks now. However I didn't get it via mail, I
    got it through a distributor I sometimes work with.

    T.B.

    TB, Sep 15, 2004
  4. Wild Coyote

    pin-medic Guest

    Yes. Got mine via Deep Discount DVD today (priority mail).

    JT

    pin-medic, Sep 16, 2004
  5. Wild Coyote

    Rob Mac Guest

    "Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:27:04 -0600, "argo" <askme> wrote:
    >
    > >Has anyone gotten their sets early via mail yet? If so who?
    > >

    > That is a really good question, but it looks like THX 1138 didn't go
    > out until it was supposed to. Lucas has enough juice to make them sit
    > on it until official release day. Jerking the chains.
    >
    > So no, I have not received the shipping notification.
    >
    > --
    > Still Howlin' at the Moon!
    >
    > Wild Coyote
    > wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

    My DigitalEyes order (made in June) has been reading as "In Stock" since
    Monday, but sadly my CC has not yet been charged and the order has not been
    "Sent"....:-(

    I have a UPS Next Day order on mine and would love to get it for the weekend
    since Tuesday of next week (release date) I have pre-admission testing and
    on Thursday I have surgery! While it would be great to recover to the
    Trilogy, it'd be even better to invite friends over on the weekend and show
    it off on my 65" Mitsu HDTV & HT.....sigh....

    I gaze longlingly at my curb for a UPS truck the way Luke gazes off into the
    Tatooine sunsets........

    Rob Mac, Sep 16, 2004
  6. Wild Coyote

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 19:26:43 -0400, "Rob Mac"
    <> wrote:

    >"Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:27:04 -0600, "argo" <askme> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Has anyone gotten their sets early via mail yet? If so who?
    >> >

    >> That is a really good question, but it looks like THX 1138 didn't go
    >> out until it was supposed to. Lucas has enough juice to make them sit
    >> on it until official release day. Jerking the chains.
    >>
    >> So no, I have not received the shipping notification.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Still Howlin' at the Moon!
    >>
    >> Wild Coyote
    >> wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

    >My DigitalEyes order (made in June) has been reading as "In Stock" since
    >Monday, but sadly my CC has not yet been charged and the order has not been
    >"Sent"....:-(
    >
    >I have a UPS Next Day order on mine and would love to get it for the weekend
    >since Tuesday of next week (release date) I have pre-admission testing and
    >on Thursday I have surgery! While it would be great to recover to the
    >Trilogy, it'd be even better to invite friends over on the weekend and show
    >it off on my 65" Mitsu HDTV & HT.....sigh....
    >
    >I gaze longlingly at my curb for a UPS truck the way Luke gazes off into the
    >Tatooine sunsets........

    I hear you Rob Mac. We are just wrapping up a 2 month remodel on the
    interior of our house and my wife and I are really looking forward to
    watching Darth and the gang on my Sony 60" HDTV, this weekend. I am
    keeping my fingers crossed.

    Wild Coyote, Sep 16, 2004
  7. Wild Coyote

    > On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 19:26:43 -0400, "Rob Mac"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message

    > >> That is a really good question, but it looks like THX 1138 didn't go
    > >> out until it was supposed to. Lucas has enough juice to make them sit
    > >> on it until official release day. Jerking the chains.
    > >>
    > >> So no, I have not received the shipping notification.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Still Howlin' at the Moon!
    > >>
    > >> Wild Coyote
    > >> wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

    > >My DigitalEyes order (made in June) has been reading as "In Stock" since
    > >Monday, but sadly my CC has not yet been charged and the order has not

    been
    > >"Sent"....:-(
    > >
    > >I have a UPS Next Day order on mine and would love to get it for the

    weekend
    > >since Tuesday of next week (release date) I have pre-admission testing

    and
    > >on Thursday I have surgery! While it would be great to recover to the
    > >Trilogy, it'd be even better to invite friends over on the weekend and

    show
    > >it off on my 65" Mitsu HDTV & HT.....sigh....
    > >
    > >I gaze longlingly at my curb for a UPS truck the way Luke gazes off into

    the
    > >Tatooine sunsets........
    > >

    > I hear you Rob Mac. We are just wrapping up a 2 month remodel on the
    > interior of our house and my wife and I are really looking forward to
    > watching Darth and the gang on my Sony 60" HDTV, this weekend. I am
    > keeping my fingers crossed.
    >
    > --
    > Still Howlin' at the Moon!
    >
    > Wild Coyote
    > wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

    Well, it's Friday now, and even if Digital Eyes sends it today, I doubt I'll
    get it before Monday. I'm majorly bummed right now. I would have really
    loved to get it early, not to brag, not to feel superior, but just to be
    able to enjoy it before all the crap hits the fan for me next week.
    Sigh....oh well, The Force wasn't with me :-(

    Enjoy the new HT you hopefully were able to convince the Mrs. into letting
    you build. A 60" HDTV is nice...I guess you should spend the weekend
    christening it with Episodes 1 & 2 in preparation.....:)

    RobMac

    Rob Mac, Sep 17, 2004
  8. Wild Coyote

    Rob Mac Guest

    "Rob Mac" <> wrote in message

    > "Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message
    > > On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 19:26:43 -0400, "Rob Mac"
    > > <> wrote:
    > >

    > > >"Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message

    sit

    > > >My DigitalEyes order (made in June) has been reading as "In Stock"

    since
    > > >Monday, but sadly my CC has not yet been charged and the order has not

    > been
    > > >"Sent"....:-(
    > > >
    > > >I have a UPS Next Day order on mine and would love to get it for the

    > weekend
    > > >since Tuesday of next week (release date) I have pre-admission testing

    > and
    > > >on Thursday I have surgery! While it would be great to recover to the
    > > >Trilogy, it'd be even better to invite friends over on the weekend and

    > show
    > > >it off on my 65" Mitsu HDTV & HT.....sigh....
    > > >
    > > >I gaze longlingly at my curb for a UPS truck the way Luke gazes off

    into
    > the
    > > >Tatooine sunsets........
    > > >

    > > I hear you Rob Mac. We are just wrapping up a 2 month remodel on the
    > > interior of our house and my wife and I are really looking forward to
    > > watching Darth and the gang on my Sony 60" HDTV, this weekend. I am
    > > keeping my fingers crossed.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Still Howlin' at the Moon!
    > >
    > > Wild Coyote
    > > wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

    > Well, it's Friday now, and even if Digital Eyes sends it today, I doubt

    I'll
    > get it before Monday. I'm majorly bummed right now. I would have really
    > loved to get it early, not to brag, not to feel superior, but just to be
    > able to enjoy it before all the crap hits the fan for me next week.
    > Sigh....oh well, The Force wasn't with me :-(
    >
    > Enjoy the new HT you hopefully were able to convince the Mrs. into letting
    > you build. A 60" HDTV is nice...I guess you should spend the weekend
    > christening it with Episodes 1 & 2 in preparation.....:)
    >
    > RobMac

    Just received the email from Digital Eyes that my SW:Trilogy order was
    processed and "sent" today, with an expected arrival of 9/18 (I had paid the
    $12+ extra for overnight), so it looks like I'll be able to enjoy it this
    weekend after all. Yippie....

    RobMac

    Rob Mac, Sep 17, 2004
  9. Wild Coyote

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:54:30 -0400, "Rob Mac"
    <> wrote:

    >"Rob Mac" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message

    >sit

    >since

    >> been

    >> weekend

    >> and

    >> show

    >into
    >> the
    >> > >

    >> > I hear you Rob Mac. We are just wrapping up a 2 month remodel on the
    >> > interior of our house and my wife and I are really looking forward to
    >> > watching Darth and the gang on my Sony 60" HDTV, this weekend. I am
    >> > keeping my fingers crossed.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Still Howlin' at the Moon!
    >> >
    >> > Wild Coyote
    >> > wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

    >> Well, it's Friday now, and even if Digital Eyes sends it today, I doubt

    >I'll
    >> get it before Monday. I'm majorly bummed right now. I would have really
    >> loved to get it early, not to brag, not to feel superior, but just to be
    >> able to enjoy it before all the crap hits the fan for me next week.
    >> Sigh....oh well, The Force wasn't with me :-(
    >>
    >> Enjoy the new HT you hopefully were able to convince the Mrs. into letting
    >> you build. A 60" HDTV is nice...I guess you should spend the weekend
    >> christening it with Episodes 1 & 2 in preparation.....:)
    >>
    >> RobMac
    >>

    >Just received the email from Digital Eyes that my SW:Trilogy order was
    >processed and "sent" today, with an expected arrival of 9/18 (I had paid the
    >$12+ extra for overnight), so it looks like I'll be able to enjoy it this
    >weekend after all. Yippie....
    >
    >RobMac

    Good for you. That was $12 well spent. I paid for 2 day service, so
    I guess I am screwed. Good luck with next week. That is a lot to go
    through.

    Wild Coyote, Sep 17, 2004
  10. Wild Coyote

    <> wrote:

    >"Rob Mac" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message

    >sit

    >since

    >> been

    >> weekend

    >> and

    >> show

    >into
    >> the
    >> > >

    >> > I hear you Rob Mac. We are just wrapping up a 2 month remodel on the
    >> > interior of our house and my wife and I are really looking forward to
    >> > watching Darth and the gang on my Sony 60" HDTV, this weekend. I am
    >> > keeping my fingers crossed.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Still Howlin' at the Moon!
    >> >
    >> > Wild Coyote
    >> > wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

    >> Well, it's Friday now, and even if Digital Eyes sends it today, I doubt

    >I'll
    >> get it before Monday. I'm majorly bummed right now. I would have really
    >> loved to get it early, not to brag, not to feel superior, but just to be
    >> able to enjoy it before all the crap hits the fan for me next week.
    >> Sigh....oh well, The Force wasn't with me :-(
    >>
    >> Enjoy the new HT you hopefully were able to convince the Mrs. into letting
    >> you build. A 60" HDTV is nice...I guess you should spend the weekend
    >> christening it with Episodes 1 & 2 in preparation.....:)
    >>
    >> RobMac
    >>

    >Just received the email from Digital Eyes that my SW:Trilogy order was
    >processed and "sent" today, with an expected arrival of 9/18 (I had paid the
    >$12+ extra for overnight), so it looks like I'll be able to enjoy it this
    >weekend after all. Yippie....
    >
    >RobMac

    Mine shipped today. So Monday, damn.

    Wild Coyote, Sep 17, 2004
  11. Wild Coyote <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:27:04 -0600, "argo" <askme> wrote:
    >
    >>Has anyone gotten their sets early via mail yet? If so who?
    >>

    >That is a really good question, but it looks like THX 1138 didn't go
    >out until it was supposed to. Lucas has enough juice to make them sit
    >on it until official release day. Jerking the chains.
    >
    >So no, I have not received the shipping notification.

    DVDSoon notified me that my copy was shipped on the 14th. I'm
    optimistic, that I will get it on Monday or Tuesday.

    Istvan

    István Csiszár, Sep 17, 2004
  12. Wild Coyote

    Chasey Guest

    "Rob Mac" <> wrote in message

    > "Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 19:26:43 -0400, "Rob Mac"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message

    >> >My DigitalEyes order (made in June) has been reading as "In Stock" since
    >> >Monday, but sadly my CC has not yet been charged and the order has not

    > been
    >> >"Sent"....:-(
    >> >
    >> >I have a UPS Next Day order on mine and would love to get it for the

    > weekend
    >> >since Tuesday of next week (release date) I have pre-admission testing

    > and
    >> >on Thursday I have surgery! While it would be great to recover to the
    >> >Trilogy, it'd be even better to invite friends over on the weekend and

    > show
    >> >it off on my 65" Mitsu HDTV & HT.....sigh....
    >> >
    >> >I gaze longlingly at my curb for a UPS truck the way Luke gazes off into

    > the
    >> >Tatooine sunsets........
    >> >

    >> I hear you Rob Mac. We are just wrapping up a 2 month remodel on the
    >> interior of our house and my wife and I are really looking forward to
    >> watching Darth and the gang on my Sony 60" HDTV, this weekend. I am
    >> keeping my fingers crossed.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Still Howlin' at the Moon!
    >>
    >> Wild Coyote
    >> wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

    > Well, it's Friday now, and even if Digital Eyes sends it today, I doubt
    > I'll
    > get it before Monday. I'm majorly bummed right now. I would have really
    > loved to get it early, not to brag, not to feel superior, but just to be
    > able to enjoy it before all the crap hits the fan for me next week.
    > Sigh....oh well, The Force wasn't with me :-(
    >
    > Enjoy the new HT you hopefully were able to convince the Mrs. into letting
    > you build. A 60" HDTV is nice...I guess you should spend the weekend
    > christening it with Episodes 1 & 2 in preparation.....:)
    >
    > RobMac

    Got my Region 2 on Friday.
    Superb stuff!

    Chasey, Sep 19, 2004