[Star Wars DVD Update] -- Lucas Denies Anything Wrong!!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Stan Jensen, Sep 21, 2004.

  1. Stan Jensen

    Stan Jensen Guest

    From Force.net...

    Yesterday, Neil Burk first reported to us he felt the film score rear
    channels were reversed on his new copy of the Star Wars Episode IV DVD. He
    said he double-checked his wiring but was sure the effects where right, but
    the music was reversed. Today, Thedigitalbits.com reported in detail about
    this, also saying the rear film score channels were reversed. Prior to
    publishing this, we asked Lucasfilm for a statement on it. We just received
    it:

    "We are always impressed with how closely fans listen to the many different
    sound mixes we have made for the Star Wars movies over the years. It is
    flattering to know that, indeed, the audience is listening. Consequently,
    each mix comes out differently and any changes that you hear on the all-new
    Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround EX tracks on the Star Wars Trilogy DVD set are
    deliberate creative decisions. We can confirm that there are no technical
    glitches as has been reported."

    If the channels are indeed reversed, this is a very curious creative
    decision. As everybody heads out starting tonight to get their DVDs, it
    remains to be seen if they agree with these particular creative decisions
    or not. We're anxious to hear from readers when you do get a chance to
    check it out in your own homes.

    Damn you Lucas!!! You will NEVER get any of my money!!!

    Thank got I have the original LD's. Time to transfer them to DVD's.
    Stan Jensen, Sep 21, 2004

  2. Stan Jensen

    Omarichu Guest

    >Damn you Lucas!!! You will NEVER get any of my money!!!
    >
    >Thank got I have the original LD's. Time to transfer them to DVD's.

    And miss out on the incredible audiovisual presentation and the extras.
    Congratulations, idiot.
    Omarichu, Sep 21, 2004

  3. Stan Jensen

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, (Omarichu) wrote:

    >>Damn you Lucas!!! You will NEVER get any of my money!!!
    >>
    >>Thank got I have the original LD's. Time to transfer them to DVD's.

    >And miss out on the incredible audiovisual presentation and the extras.
    >Congratulations, idiot.

    an AOL'er calling someone else an idiot? LMAO
    GMAN, Sep 21, 2004
  4. Stan Jensen

    Ronald Cole Guest

    Stan Jensen <> writes:
    > Thank got I have the original LD's. Time to transfer them to DVD's.

    Save yourself some time and trouble and go to suprnova.org to
    download the DVD ISO images.

    Ronald Cole <> Phone: (760) 499-9142
    President, CEO Fax: (760) 499-9152
    Ronald Cole, Sep 21, 2004
  5. Stan Jensen

    Guest

    On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:58:53 -0700, Ronald Cole
    <> wrote:

    >Stan Jensen <> writes:
    >> Thank got I have the original LD's. Time to transfer them to DVD's.

    >Save yourself some time and trouble and go to suprnova.org to
    >download the DVD ISO images.

    what's the point? if i have to pay to use 'supernova.org. i might as
    well and go out and buy the dvd's..

    ubertoadie
    , Sep 21, 2004
  6. Stan Jensen

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    wrote:

    > On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:58:53 -0700, Ronald Cole
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Stan Jensen <> writes:
    >>
    >>>Thank got I have the original LD's. Time to transfer them to DVD's.

    >>Save yourself some time and trouble and go to suprnova.org to
    >>download the DVD ISO images.

    > what's the point? if i have to pay to use 'supernova.org. i might as
    > well and go out and buy the dvd's..
    >
    > ubertoadie

    suprnova.org NOT supernova.org
    Dick Sidbury, Sep 21, 2004
  7. Stan Jensen

    fred Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Stan Jensen <> writes:
    >> Thank got I have the original LD's. Time to transfer them to DVD's.

    >Save yourself some time and trouble and go to suprnova.org to
    >download the DVD ISO images.+

    How would he save time? It would take 3 days to download it from
    there. He could capture it to his hardrive , author it , and burn his
    own copy in a few hours. All a lot faster than trying to download it.

    Fred
    fred, Sep 22, 2004
  8. Stan Jensen

    Justin Guest

    fred wrote on [Tue, 21 Sep 2004 23:15:31 GMT]:
    > On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:58:53 -0700, Ronald Cole
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Stan Jensen <> writes:
    >>> Thank got I have the original LD's. Time to transfer them to DVD's.

    >>Save yourself some time and trouble and go to suprnova.org to
    >>download the DVD ISO images.+

    > How would he save time? It would take 3 days to download it from
    > there. He could capture it to his hardrive , author it , and burn his
    > own copy in a few hours. All a lot faster than trying to download it.

    Assuming he has the required software and hardware to do this... and the
    expertise.
    Justin, Sep 22, 2004
  9. Stan Jensen

    Ronald Cole Guest

    writes:
    > On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:58:53 -0700, Ronald Cole
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Stan Jensen <> writes:
    >>> Thank got I have the original LD's. Time to transfer them to DVD's.

    >>Save yourself some time and trouble and go to suprnova.org to
    >>download the DVD ISO images.

    > what's the point? if i have to pay to use 'supernova.org. i might as
    > well and go out and buy the dvd's..

    I see that you haven't a clue... Would someone please point out the
    difference between "suprnova.org" and "supernova.org" to Stan?

    Ronald Cole, Sep 22, 2004