    longer work...so I found another

    Just thought I would share

    http://www.prillaman.net/starwarsdvdnews.html
    TSKO, Mar 1, 2004

  2. TSKO

    Ollie T Guest

    I would think they would call ep 4 "A New Hope" on the cover and not just
    "Star Wars".

    HDTV games lists and discussions
    http://www.hdtvarcade.com
    Online shop now open

    "TSKO" <> wrote in message
    > A link was posted on DigitalBits to see the possible cover art for the

    dvd's

    Ollie T, Mar 1, 2004

  3. TSKO

    Chris Oxford Guest

    "Ollie T" <> wrote in message
    > I would think they would call ep 4 "A New Hope" on the cover and not just
    > "Star Wars".

    With "Star Wars" being the original title for several years, I hope they
    keep it that way.

    Chris
    (one who still prefers "Raiders Of The Lost Ark" instead of the revisionist
    "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of
    The Lost Ark.")
    Chris Oxford, Mar 2, 2004
  4. TSKO

    Justin Guest

    Chris Oxford wrote on [Tue, 02 Mar 2004 02:25:31 GMT]:

    > "Ollie T" <> wrote in message
    >> I would think they would call ep 4 "A New Hope" on the cover and not just
    >> "Star Wars".

    > With "Star Wars" being the original title for several years, I hope they
    > keep it that way.

    Star Wars will always be the original title.
    Justin, Mar 2, 2004
  5. TSKO

    Eric R. Guest

    "Chris Oxford" <> wrote in message news:<vgS0c.151018$>...

    > With "Star Wars" being the original title for several years, I hope they
    > keep it that way.

    <sarcasm on> Yeah, especially since it's the 1997 "Special Edition"
    and NOT the original film. <sarcasm off>

    Lucas continues in his quest to revise history.

    Too bad Peter Jackson has left you in the dust, George. Maybe you
    would have won a few Oscars too, if you weren't such a prick.

    -Eric
    Eric R., Mar 2, 2004
  6. TSKO

    Mike Kohary Guest

    > "Ollie T" <> wrote in message
    > > I would think they would call ep 4 "A New Hope" on the cover and not

    just
    > > "Star Wars".

    > With "Star Wars" being the original title for several years, I hope they
    > keep it that way.

    I hope not, since it's the 1997 edition (or some derivative thereof). Now,
    if they ever release the original film, then I agree with you. :)

    > Chris
    > (one who still prefers "Raiders Of The Lost Ark" instead of the

    revisionist
    > "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of
    > The Lost Ark.")

    Yes, me too. Thank heaven they didn't change the title in the film itself.

    Mike
    Mike Kohary, Mar 2, 2004
  7. TSKO

    Jordan Lund Guest

    "Ollie T" <> wrote in message news:<zkP0c.17847$>...
    > I would think they would call ep 4 "A New Hope" on the cover and not just
    > "Star Wars".

    No reason to since that was never the name of the movie.

    Not a single piece of original Star Wars memorabilia uses the name "A
    New Hope", unlike "The Empire Strikes Back" or "Return of the Jedi".
    In 1977 there was no need to differentiate.

    Movie posters, again, no mention of "A New Hope"

    http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_luke.html
    http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_a.html

    (the classic, IMHO)
    http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_b.html

    http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_c.html

    (another good one)
    http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_d.html

    http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_half-sheet.html

    WTF?
    http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_concert.html

    I remember the show, but not the poster:
    http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_radio.html

    So I know what you're thinking... Obviously they started calling it "A
    New Hope" when the special edition was released... Nope. Didn't happen
    then either:

    http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_special_edition.html

    OK, OK, but when they did the big re-release of all three then...
    right?

    Nope.

    http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_trilogy.html

    Face it... A New Hope was never more than a title credit. It's like
    saying the name of the first film was "Star Wars: A Long Time Ago, In
    a Galaxy Far, Far Away"

    - Jordan
    Jordan Lund, Mar 3, 2004
  8. TSKO

    Mike Kohary Guest

    "Jordan Lund" <> wrote in message

    > Movie posters, again, no mention of "A New Hope"
    >
    > http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_luke.html
    > http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_a.html
    >
    > (the classic, IMHO)
    > http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_b.html
    >
    > http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_c.html
    >
    > (another good one)
    > http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_d.html
    >
    > http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_half-sheet.html

    Nice links, thanks. Good memories. :)

    > WTF?
    > http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_concert.html

    Looks like R2D2 grew some breasts. Ugly - never seen that one before.

    > So I know what you're thinking... Obviously they started calling it "A
    > New Hope" when the special edition was released... Nope. Didn't happen
    > then either:
    >
    > http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_special_edition.html
    >
    > OK, OK, but when they did the big re-release of all three then...
    > right?
    >
    > Nope.
    >
    > http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_trilogy.html
    >
    > Face it... A New Hope was never more than a title credit. It's like
    > saying the name of the first film was "Star Wars: A Long Time Ago, In
    > a Galaxy Far, Far Away"

    Nicely demonstrated. I love having this argument with people who don't know
    any better. :)

    Mike
    Mike Kohary, Mar 3, 2004
  9. TSKO

    Smaug69 Guest

    "Chris Oxford" <> wrote in message news:<vgS0c.151018$>...
    > "Ollie T" <> wrote in message
    > > I would think they would call ep 4 "A New Hope" on the cover and not just
    > > "Star Wars".

    > With "Star Wars" being the original title for several years, I hope they
    > keep it that way.

    But it's not Star Wars. It's the special edition piece of shit. At
    this point they can call it the Ewok Trilogy and I couldn't care less.

    Smaug69
    Smaug69, Mar 4, 2004
  10. TSKO

    Smaug69 Guest

    (Jordan Lund) wrote in message news:<>...
    > "Ollie T" <> wrote in message news:<zkP0c.17847$>...
    > > I would think they would call ep 4 "A New Hope" on the cover and not just
    > > "Star Wars".

    > No reason to since that was never the name of the movie.
    >
    > Not a single piece of original Star Wars memorabilia uses the name "A
    > New Hope", unlike "The Empire Strikes Back" or "Return of the Jedi".
    > In 1977 there was no need to differentiate.
    >
    > Movie posters, again, no mention of "A New Hope"
    >
    > http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_luke.html
    > http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_a.html
    >
    > (the classic, IMHO)
    > http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_b.html
    >
    > http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_c.html
    >
    > (another good one)
    > http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_d.html
    >
    > http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_half-sheet.html
    >
    > WTF?
    > http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_concert.html
    >
    > I remember the show, but not the poster:
    > http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_radio.html
    >
    > So I know what you're thinking... Obviously they started calling it "A
    > New Hope" when the special edition was released... Nope. Didn't happen
    > then either:
    >
    > http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_special_edition.html
    >
    > OK, OK, but when they did the big re-release of all three then...
    > right?
    >
    > Nope.
    >
    > http://www.reelartgallery.com/pages/s2/star_wars_trilogy.html
    >
    > Face it... A New Hope was never more than a title credit. It's like
    > saying the name of the first film was "Star Wars: A Long Time Ago, In
    > a Galaxy Far, Far Away"

    Yup. However, there were some home video releases that did incorporate
    the "A New Hope" sub-title credit and that may be the main reason why
    it permeates so many people's consciousnesses.

    http://neturn.sinacity.com/item/15_B00004XPP0_2_1_404272_index.html

    http://www.aarvak.com/jpgs/ebayitems/movies/starwars.jpg

    Smaug69
    Smaug69, Mar 4, 2004