    On a lighter note, with Kevin Smith such a SW fan, an Easter Egg commentary
    from Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes would have been amusing (though, I would
    imagine, not very family-friendly).
    Joseph S. Powell, III, Sep 18, 2004

  2. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Jeff Guest

    "Joseph S. Powell, III" <> wrote in message
    > So, it seems, besides a few extra directors/producers, the only other

    people
    > we get on the Star Wars Trilogy commentaries are Lucas and Carrie Fisher.
    > I can see how it may be difficult to have gotten Harrison Ford, the most
    > successful actor to appear in the Trilogy, but I'm surprised my Mark

    Hamil's
    > absence.
    > I seriously doubt he would think a commentary to be beneath his dignity -
    > this is the guy who wore that giant fist and did a farcical lightsaber
    > battle in J&SBSB, so does anyone know why he didn't participate?

    Maybe it will be in the next DELUXE edition release. You'll just have to
    buy it when it comes out if you want to find out.
    Jeff, Sep 18, 2004

  3. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Mark B. Guest

    > So, it seems, besides a few extra directors/producers, the only other
    > people
    > we get on the Star Wars Trilogy commentaries are Lucas and Carrie Fisher.
    > I can see how it may be difficult to have gotten Harrison Ford, the most
    > successful actor to appear in the Trilogy, but I'm surprised my Mark
    > Hamil's
    > absence.
    > I seriously doubt he would think a commentary to be beneath his dignity -
    > this is the guy who wore that giant fist and did a farcical lightsaber
    > battle in J&SBSB, so does anyone know why he didn't participate?
    > On a lighter note, with Kevin Smith such a SW fan, an Easter Egg
    > commentary
    > from Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes would have been amusing (though, I would
    > imagine, not very family-friendly).

    That's surprising that Carrie Fisher did a commentary. I just read in
    interview where she talked about Lucas' directing style - what she had to
    say wasn't flattering in the least.

    Mark
    Mark B., Sep 18, 2004
  4. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Mike Ward Guest

    "Mark B." <> wrote in

    > "Joseph S. Powell, III" <> wrote in message
    >> So, it seems, besides a few extra directors/producers, the only other
    >> people
    >> we get on the Star Wars Trilogy commentaries are Lucas and Carrie
    >> Fisher. I can see how it may be difficult to have gotten Harrison
    >> Ford, the most successful actor to appear in the Trilogy, but I'm
    >> surprised my Mark Hamil's
    >> absence.
    >> I seriously doubt he would think a commentary to be beneath his
    >> dignity - this is the guy who wore that giant fist and did a farcical
    >> lightsaber battle in J&SBSB, so does anyone know why he didn't
    >> participate? On a lighter note, with Kevin Smith such a SW fan, an
    >> Easter Egg commentary
    >> from Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes would have been amusing (though, I
    >> would imagine, not very family-friendly).
    >>

    > That's surprising that Carrie Fisher did a commentary. I just read in
    > interview where she talked about Lucas' directing style - what she had
    > to say wasn't flattering in the least.

    I assume your refer to the interview from The Irish Examiner.

    They make that suff up. The Irish Examiner had a simliar story about Mark
    Hamill a few months ago, and the only accurate quotes in it were rippid off
    from another interview. The others were just made up.

    Mike

    Mike Ward, Sep 18, 2004
  5. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Alan Figgatt Guest

    Mark B. wrote:
    > That's surprising that Carrie Fisher did a commentary. I just read in
    > interview where she talked about Lucas' directing style - what she had to
    > say wasn't flattering in the least.
    >
    > Mark

    Then why did she interview him for the latest issue of Sound & Vision?
    According to the background in that article, they are still friends of a
    sort, while Mark Hamil is apparently not all that happy about his career
    - or lack thereof - post Star Wars.
    Alan Figgatt, Sep 18, 2004
  6. I thought that Lawrence Kasdan was going to be on the commentaries for EMPIRE
    and JEDI (I went to a store in Chicago that was taking pre-orders in August and
    they said that he was going to be on them). Oh well.
    Vlvetmorning98, Sep 18, 2004
  7. "Alan Figgatt" <> wrote in message
    > Mark B. wrote:
    > > That's surprising that Carrie Fisher did a commentary. I just read in
    > > interview where she talked about Lucas' directing style - what she had

    > > say wasn't flattering in the least.
    > >
    > > Mark

    > Then why did she interview him for the latest issue of Sound & Vision?
    > According to the background in that article, they are still friends of a
    > sort, while Mark Hamil is apparently not all that happy about his career
    > - or lack thereof - post Star Wars.

    He's typecast, and not really a very good actor.
    The best thing for him to do is milk this sucker dry, just like Lucas is
    doing.
    That's why I'm surprised he didn't do a commentary - I'm sure he needs the
    money, as I don't think he received millions for his small part in JSBSB.
    Joseph S. Powell, III, Sep 18, 2004
  8. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Shinner Guest

    "Joseph S. Powell, III" <> wrote in news:10kpcsu1guamc20
    @corp.supernews.com:

    > I'm sure he needs the
    > money, as I don't think he received millions for his small part in JSBSB.

    I think he got to keep the vibrator/lightsaber tho....
    Shinner, Sep 19, 2004
  9. "Mike Ward" <> wrote in message
    > "Mark B." <> wrote in
    >
    >> "Joseph S. Powell, III" <> wrote in message
    >>> So, it seems, besides a few extra directors/producers, the only other
    >>> people
    >>> we get on the Star Wars Trilogy commentaries are Lucas and Carrie
    >>> Fisher. I can see how it may be difficult to have gotten Harrison
    >>> Ford, the most successful actor to appear in the Trilogy, but I'm
    >>> surprised my Mark Hamil's
    >>> absence.
    >>> I seriously doubt he would think a commentary to be beneath his
    >>> dignity - this is the guy who wore that giant fist and did a farcical
    >>> lightsaber battle in J&SBSB, so does anyone know why he didn't
    >>> participate? On a lighter note, with Kevin Smith such a SW fan, an
    >>> Easter Egg commentary
    >>> from Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes would have been amusing (though, I
    >>> would imagine, not very family-friendly).
    >>>

    >> That's surprising that Carrie Fisher did a commentary. I just read in
    >> interview where she talked about Lucas' directing style - what she had
    >> to say wasn't flattering in the least.
    >>

    > I assume your refer to the interview from The Irish Examiner.
    >
    > They make that suff up. The Irish Examiner had a simliar story about Mark
    > Hamill a few months ago, and the only accurate quotes in it were rippid
    > off
    > from another interview. The others were just made up.
    >
    > Mike

    None of the actors in the interviews on the DVD are complimentary about how
    Lucas directs actors -- we go from Duvall's comment on THX that Lucas is a
    director who leaves actors alone, and that's a good thing (Duvall being more
    or less self-directing, and extremely experienced by the time of THX) -- to
    the relatively inexperienced Star Wars cast. Fisher notes that at one point
    Lucas lost his voice, and the actors didn't realize it for three days, to
    Ford's comments that Lucas simply doesn't understand the acting process.

    It sure explains a lot about EP 1 & 2
    John Harkness
    John Harkness, Sep 19, 2004
  10. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Angel Guest

    > So, it seems, besides a few extra directors/producers, the only other
    > people
    > we get on the Star Wars Trilogy commentaries are Lucas and Carrie Fisher.
    > I can see how it may be difficult to have gotten Harrison Ford, the most
    > successful actor to appear in the Trilogy, but I'm surprised my Mark
    > Hamil's
    > absence.
    > I seriously doubt he would think a commentary to be beneath his dignity

    It isn't.
    The commentary track for "Comic Book: The Movie" is such a party, you expect
    to get hit in the back of the head with milkduds from these rowsies in the
    row behind you.

    Any man who lets his friends say "yeah, we tied him out naked, but had to
    change the camera angle to keep it PG-13." has no dignity left.

    (Also, the easter egg is Don Swann interviewing Mark Hamill. Mark plays Don
    in the flick)

    > On a lighter note, with Kevin Smith such a SW fan, an Easter Egg
    > commentary
    > from Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes would have been amusing (though, I would
    > imagine, not very family-friendly).

    No Jason, but Kevin would be hilarious.

    Angel
    Angel, Sep 19, 2004
  11. Joseph S. Powell, III

    simon archer Guest

    read a while back that mark done a deal which earnt him royalites and sw has
    made him millions over the years so dont think hes that short

    simon archer, Sep 20, 2004
  12. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Eric R. Guest

    "Joseph S. Powell, III" <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > On a lighter note, with Kevin Smith such a SW fan, an Easter Egg commentary
    > from Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes would have been amusing

    Coinsidering that Kevin Smith was one of GL's biggest critics for
    adding the "Greedo shoots first" thing in the SE's (even putting a
    joke about it in the aforementioned "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back"),
    it's pretty unlikely they would give him a chance to offer commentary
    on the disc (or anything else that wasn't carefully edited).

    -Eric
    Eric R., Sep 20, 2004
  13. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Jordan Lund Guest

    "Joseph S. Powell, III" <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > I seriously doubt he would think a commentary to be beneath his dignity -
    > this is the guy who wore that giant fist and did a farcical lightsaber
    > battle in J&SBSB, so does anyone know why he didn't participate?

    Probably rolling in dough from doing the Joker on Batman: The Animated Series. :^)

    - Jordan
    Jordan Lund, Sep 20, 2004
  14. >read a while back that mark done a deal which earnt him royalites and sw has
    >made him millions over the years so dont think hes that short

    everybody that worked on A NEW HOPE worked for royalties. When the trilogy was
    re-released in '97, Lucas gave Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill an
    additional cool million each.
    Vlvetmorning98, Sep 20, 2004
  15. Joseph S. Powell, III

    David B. Guest

    Alan Figgatt wrote:

    > Mark B. wrote:
    > > That's surprising that Carrie Fisher did a commentary. I just read in
    > > interview where she talked about Lucas' directing style - what she had to
    > > say wasn't flattering in the least.
    > >
    > > Mark

    > Then why did she interview him for the latest issue of Sound & Vision?
    > According to the background in that article, they are still friends of a
    > sort, while Mark Hamil is apparently not all that happy about his career
    > - or lack thereof - post Star Wars.

    Hamil was interviewed in Entertainment Weekly and he seems happy about
    his career.
    David B., Sep 21, 2004