    hundreds of discs I have played on it to date! So I am wondering
    (before I take it back to the store) is this a bad set or is it my
    machine?

    Tabernacle, Nov 23, 2004

  2. Tabernacle wrote:

    > So I am wondering
    > (before I take it back to the store) is this a bad set or is it my
    > machine?

    I got my widescreen set several weeks ago and all
    three movies played start to end without a hitch
    on my Yamaha S1200.

    drc :)

    Darrel Christenson, Nov 23, 2004

  3. Tabernacle

    Impmon Guest

    On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:50:40 GMT, Darrel Christenson
    <> wrote:

    >> So I am wondering
    >> (before I take it back to the store) is this a bad set or is it my
    >> machine?

    >I got my widescreen set several weeks ago and all
    >three movies played start to end without a hitch
    >on my Yamaha S1200.

    Played fine on cheap Apex player too so it could be a bad disc but 3
    bad discs in the same box seems unlikely. Try playing your set of a
    different player. If the same problem persisted, take it back. If
    the problem didn't appear, blame your DVD player.

    Impmon, Nov 24, 2004
  4. Tabernacle

    Tabernacle Guest

    Impmon <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:50:40 GMT, Darrel Christenson
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >> So I am wondering
    > >> (before I take it back to the store) is this a bad set or is it my
    > >> machine?

    > >I got my widescreen set several weeks ago and all
    > >three movies played start to end without a hitch
    > >on my Yamaha S1200.

    > Played fine on cheap Apex player too so it could be a bad disc but 3
    > bad discs in the same box seems unlikely. Try playing your set of a
    > different player. If the same problem persisted, take it back. If
    > the problem didn't appear, blame your DVD player.

    Looks like it was the discs that were defective as I took them back to
    the store I purchased them at this morning and got a new set in
    exchange (thank God I saved the sales slip) at which point I took them
    straight home, put them in my player and they worked just fine!

    Go Figure?

    Tabernacle, Nov 24, 2004
  5. Tabernacle

    fredman Guest

    On 24 Nov 2004 15:13:13 -0800, (Tabernacle)
    wrote:

    >Impmon <> wrote in message news:<>...

    >> >I got my widescreen set several weeks ago and all
    >> >three movies played start to end without a hitch
    >> >on my Yamaha S1200.

    >> Played fine on cheap Apex player too so it could be a bad disc but 3
    >> bad discs in the same box seems unlikely. Try playing your set of a
    >> different player. If the same problem persisted, take it back. If
    >> the problem didn't appear, blame your DVD player.

    >Looks like it was the discs that were defective as I took them back to
    >the store I purchased them at this morning and got a new set in
    >exchange (thank God I saved the sales slip) at which point I took them
    >straight home, put them in my player and they worked just fine!
    >
    >Go Figure?

    Hey, bad discs still happen as they print millions of these things
    very quickly, but quality control generally catches all but a very
    small percentage which unfortunately still wind up in our hands. The
    bad news is that these things are bought and shipped in batches, and
    if you have a bad disc to return, they often have more of the same
    batch! Though it's more hassle it might be better to deal with the
    studio directly to ensure the replacement is good. This almost
    happend to me with The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly disc (it had 2 disc
    2s in it) and we went through opening several copies to find a good
    set at the BB I bought it at. Cheers.

    fredman, Nov 26, 2004