    last?

    Any ideas/oppinions on this?

    -SnowMan-
    SnowMan, Feb 10, 2005

  2. SnowMan

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "SnowMan" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Any ideas/oppinions on this?

    Why the hell would you think the DVD newsgroup would be the best place
    to ask?
    Joshua Zyber, Feb 10, 2005

  3. "Joshua Zyber" <> writes:

    > "SnowMan" <> wrote in message
    > > Any ideas/oppinions on this?

    > Why the hell would you think the DVD newsgroup would be the best place
    > to ask?

    Becaues we're all into movies?

    --
    Scott Streeter

    http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/
    Scott Streeter, Feb 10, 2005
  4. SnowMan

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Joshua Zyber wrote:
    > "SnowMan" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Any ideas/oppinions on this?

    > Why the hell would you think the DVD newsgroup would be the best place
    > to ask?

    SW1, SW2, and the real SW trilogy are out on DVD so presumably lots of
    people here have seen them recently in perhaps a really good
    environment. That of course doesn't make it the best place to ask but
    it does, IMHO, make it a reasonable place to ask, even if slightly off
    topic.

    But to answer the original question, I have given up believing anything
    that Lucas or his publicity machine says. Will I go see it? Of course.
    What do I expect from it? Better than it's two predecessors but not as
    good as any of the original trilogy. Will I buy it when it comes out on
    DVD? Well I bought Matrix Revolutions (to complete my set) but didn't
    buy Star Trek V. So that answer is probably unless it's only available
    in a set with the other movies.

    YMMV
    IMHO
    dick
    Dick Sidbury, Feb 10, 2005
  5. SnowMan

    Justin Guest

    SnowMan wrote on [Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:56:47 +0100]:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I just read a preview article with some screenshots of star wars 3,
    > "revenge of the sith" which mentioned this movie would be the best of
    > all star wars movies yet. They seem to market this one as a dark and
    > edgy scifi movie.

    No. Don't see it.
    Justin, Feb 10, 2005
  6. SnowMan <> wrote in

    > My question: should we ignore this one and not be disappointed for the
    > 3rd time, or should we see this one because GL saved the best for
    > last?
    >
    > Any ideas/oppinions on this?

    You can't judge a movie-- any movie-- until you've seen it.
    Though "From Justing to Kelly" would tempt all of us. To
    know if it sucks, you have to see it. The question is, do you
    spend $8 now and know early, or wait six months and spend $3 to
    rent it? What is your time and money worth?

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.dvdverdict.com
    Aaron J. Bossig, Feb 11, 2005
  7. SnowMan

    Mike Kohary Guest

    SnowMan wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I just read a preview article with some screenshots of star wars 3,
    > "revenge of the sith" which mentioned this movie would be the best of
    > all star wars movies yet. They seem to market this one as a dark and
    > edgy scifi movie.
    >
    > To be honest, i kind of gave up on the whole star wars prequel/sequel
    > concept after seeing sw1 and sw2. Which imho should not have made it
    > to the cinemas, but been sent straight to the video rental stores.
    >
    > My question: should we ignore this one and not be disappointed for the
    > 3rd time, or should we see this one because GL saved the best for
    > last?
    >
    > Any ideas/oppinions on this?

    I'm going to go see it, because I'm an unabashed Star Wars geek, but my
    expectations will be in line with what we've seen recently from the
    franchise.

    Mike Kohary, Feb 11, 2005
  8. SnowMan

    Mark Jones Guest

    "Joshua Zyber" <> wrote in message
    > "SnowMan" <> wrote in message
    > > Any ideas/oppinions on this?

    > Why the hell would you think the DVD newsgroup would be the best place
    > to ask?

    Because it would be as good as any of the movie groups.
    Mark Jones, Feb 11, 2005
  9. SnowMan

    Jay G. Guest

    On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 03:05:50 GMT, Mark Jones wrote:
    > "Joshua Zyber" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Why the hell would you think the DVD newsgroup would be the best place
    >> to ask?

    > Because it would be as good as any of the movie groups.

    Actually, it'd be far better to ask a movie-related question in a movie
    newsgroup, since there it'd be on-topic.

    -Jay
    Jay G., Feb 11, 2005
  10. SnowMan

    Alpha Guest

    "Jay G." <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 03:05:50 GMT, Mark Jones wrote:
    >> "Joshua Zyber" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Why the hell would you think the DVD newsgroup would be the best place
    >>> to ask?

    >> Because it would be as good as any of the movie groups.

    > Actually, it'd be far better to ask a movie-related question in a movie
    > newsgroup, since there it'd be on-topic.
    >
    > -Jay

    To differentiate the media from the content is dumb. Why wouldn't the
    average person think this forum is to discuss movies?
    Alpha, Feb 12, 2005
  11. SnowMan

    Biz Guest

    "Alpha" <> wrote in message

    > "Jay G." <> wrote in message
    > > On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 03:05:50 GMT, Mark Jones wrote:
    > >> "Joshua Zyber" <> wrote in

    message

    > >> Because it would be as good as any of the movie groups.

    > > Actually, it'd be far better to ask a movie-related question in a movie
    > > newsgroup, since there it'd be on-topic.
    > >
    > > -Jay

    > To differentiate the media from the content is dumb. Why wouldn't the
    > average person think this forum is to discuss movies?

    Because the average person is a complete idiot? Actually this is a place to
    discuss all movies released on DVD, not to discuss what might happen in a
    movie in the near future. When it comes out on DVD, or is in pre-release,
    bring it on, until then, take it to some other lame fan boy site group...
    Biz, Feb 12, 2005
  12. SnowMan

    Bill Guest

    > Because the average person is a complete idiot? Actually this is a place
    > discuss all movies released on DVD, not to discuss what might happen in a
    > movie in the near future. When it comes out on DVD, or is in pre-release,
    > bring it on, until then, take it to some other lame fan boy site group...

    If you don't like the thread, filter it out!

    I'd much rather read a topic like this than some of the political nonsense
    that made its way onto this group before the election. At least this is
    about a movie that most assuredly will make it onto DVD sometime in the near
    future.
    Bill, Feb 12, 2005
  13. SnowMan

    Kontaminator Guest

    In answer to the original question.

    I hope, pray and dream that the up and coming 'Revenge of the Sith' will be
    astounding. Being a bit of a 'realist' - I guestimate it's going to be a
    steaming pile of horse manure! I don't think Lucas is too clued up about
    directing, and his script-writing just seems to get worse! He likes special
    FX that's about it me thinks!

    The only thing saying that this is the 'darkest' movie of the Saga seems to
    be Lucas Film and 20th Century Fox (from what I've read) - Of course
    they're gonna say it's a belter - they know how f*cked off fans were with
    Episodes I and II, they need to entice as many people into the cinema as
    possible - in order to keep their jobs!

    I will go and see it, but really can't hold out any hope at all that this
    will wrap up the saga. To fit in what I think Lucas needs to explain further
    would be a 4 hour epic - NOT what we are getting. This won't be the worst
    film ever - far from it - but compared to previous episodes it has way too
    much to improve on.

    Just my opinion...
    Kontaminator, Feb 13, 2005
  14. SnowMan

    Guest

    wrote: At least this is about a movie that most assuredly will make it
    onto DVD sometime in the near future.
    It's very doubtful it will ever make it to dvd.

    From what I've read, So far, none of the original theatrical versions
    of Star Wars movies have ever ae it onto dvd.

    Every dvd release was copletely altered from how the movie was
    originally shown in the theatres.

    All 5 movies, so far, only available on dvd in foms completely altered
    fom the oriinal heatrical showings.
    , Feb 16, 2005
  15. SnowMan

    Guest

    wrote: At least this is about a movie that most assuredly will make it
    onto DVD sometime in the near future.
    It's very doubtful it will ever make it to dvd.

    From what I've read, So far, none of the original theatrical versions
    of Star Wars movies have ever ae it onto dvd.

    Every dvd release was copletely altered from how the movie was
    originally shown in the theatres.

    All 5 movies, so far, only available on dvd in foms completely altered
    fom the original theatrical showings.
    , Feb 16, 2005
  16. SnowMan

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > wrote: At least this is about a movie that most assuredly will make it
    > onto DVD sometime in the near future.
    > It's very doubtful it will ever make it to dvd.
    >
    > From what I've read, So far, none of the original theatrical versions
    > of Star Wars movies have ever ae it onto dvd.
    >
    > Every dvd release was copletely altered from how the movie was
    > originally shown in the theatres.
    >
    > All 5 movies, so far, only available on dvd in foms completely altered
    > fom the oriinal heatrical showings.

    You're even more clueless than Allan, if such a thing is possible.
    Neither Episode 1 nor Episode 2 were modified in any way for their
    respective DVD releases.
    Black Locust, Feb 16, 2005
  17. SnowMan

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <cuuc30$ukl$>, "Mike Kohary" <>
    wrote:

    > You don't know how much it pains me to say this, but DVDfool is actually
    > right this time, for once in his sorry life. Both Eps. 1 & 2 were slightly
    > altered - Episode 1 added an extended landing pad sequence on Corruscant in
    > the middle of the movie, and Episode two extended the sequence where Anakin
    > confesses to Padme that he slaughtered all the Sand People that killed his
    > mother. Neither change was nearly as drastic or as offensive as the changes
    > made to the original trilogy, but no Star Wars movie has ever made it to DVD
    > intact with the theatrical version.

    Oh, my bad. I didn't notice any changes while watching the DVDs and had
    never heard about any changes before this. Oh well... I guess I should
    have expected that much from George "The King of Alteration" Lucas.
    Black Locust, Feb 16, 2005
  18. SnowMan

    Mike Kohary Guest

    Mike Kohary, Feb 16, 2005
  19. SnowMan

    Guest

    wrote: You're even more clueless than Allan, if such a thing is
    possible. Neither Episode 1 nor Episode 2 were modified in any way for
    their respective DVD releases.

    maybe so, but that's not what I heard. I heard that Star Wars : The
    Phantom Menace dvd was altered from what was shown in the theatres and
    that the original theatrical version isn't and never was available on
    dvd. Just like the original.
    , Feb 16, 2005
  20. SnowMan

    Mike Kohary Guest

    Black Locust wrote:
    > In article <cuuc30$ukl$>, "Mike Kohary" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> You don't know how much it pains me to say this, but DVDfool is
    >> actually right this time, for once in his sorry life. Both Eps. 1 &
    >> 2 were slightly altered - Episode 1 added an extended landing pad
    >> sequence on Corruscant in the middle of the movie, and Episode two
    >> extended the sequence where Anakin confesses to Padme that he
    >> slaughtered all the Sand People that killed his mother. Neither
    >> change was nearly as drastic or as offensive as the changes made to
    >> the original trilogy, but no Star Wars movie has ever made it to DVD
    >> intact with the theatrical version.

    > Oh, my bad. I didn't notice any changes while watching the DVDs and
    > had never heard about any changes before this. Oh well... I guess I
    > should have expected that much from George "The King of Alteration"
    > Lucas.

    For Episode 3, I'm sure that on the DVD we'll get the scene where Darth
    Vader says it's too damned hot in the mask and would someone please add some
    ventilation? Lucas will have forgotten to put that in the theatrical
    release. ;)

    Mike Kohary, Feb 16, 2005