    (since they read everything else I put into them). I can guess that maybe
    PowerDVD6 is somehow incompatible with these DVDs, either by design or by
    fault. Any help greatly appreciated.

    Rick, Nov 6, 2005

  2. Rick

    Mark Jones Guest

    Rick wrote:
    > Has anyone else come across this problem of both SW3 discs not
    > burner & LG 4163 burner running PowerDVD6 and DVD-Region+CSS Free.
    > The PowerDVD6 player runs the disc(s) for a little while but does not
    > come up with any video or audio playback whilst it plays, then it
    > just stops playing it altogether. It's weird that it does anything
    > at all since I cannot directly look at the DVD contents via Windows
    > etc.
    >
    > My standalone players run the DVDs fine so there is no question of
    > their readability and I doubt very much that either of my DVD drives
    > are at fault (since they read everything else I put into them). I
    > can guess that maybe PowerDVD6 is somehow incompatible with these
    > DVDs, either by design or by fault. Any help greatly appreciated.

    I am not having any problems playing disk 1 using PowerDVD
    version 4.0

    It works fine in my DVD ROM drive and DVD burner.

    Mark Jones, Nov 6, 2005

  3. Rick

    ardz Guest

    "Mark Jones" <> wrote in message
    > Rick wrote:
    > > Has anyone else come across this problem of both SW3 discs not
    > > burner & LG 4163 burner running PowerDVD6 and DVD-Region+CSS Free.
    > > The PowerDVD6 player runs the disc(s) for a little while but does not
    > > come up with any video or audio playback whilst it plays, then it
    > > just stops playing it altogether. It's weird that it does anything
    > > at all since I cannot directly look at the DVD contents via Windows
    > > etc.
    > >
    > > My standalone players run the DVDs fine so there is no question of
    > > their readability and I doubt very much that either of my DVD drives
    > > are at fault (since they read everything else I put into them). I
    > > can guess that maybe PowerDVD6 is somehow incompatible with these
    > > DVDs, either by design or by fault. Any help greatly appreciated.

    > I am not having any problems playing disk 1 using PowerDVD
    > version 4.0
    >
    > It works fine in my DVD ROM drive and DVD burner.

    I use Power DVD 5 with a Liteon drive and it works fine.

    ardz, Nov 6, 2005
  4. Rick

    graviton Guest

    "Rick" <> wrote in message
    > Has anyone else come across this problem of both SW3 discs not loading in
    > their PC's DVD-ROM drive(s)? My setup is a Pioneer 109 burner & LG 4163
    > burner running PowerDVD6 and DVD-Region+CSS Free. The PowerDVD6 player

    runs
    > the disc(s) for a little while but does not come up with any video or

    audio
    > playback whilst it plays, then it just stops playing it altogether. It's
    > weird that it does anything at all since I cannot directly look at the DVD
    > contents via Windows etc.
    >
    > My standalone players run the DVDs fine so there is no question of their
    > readability and I doubt very much that either of my DVD drives are at

    fault
    > (since they read everything else I put into them). I can guess that maybe
    > PowerDVD6 is somehow incompatible with these DVDs, either by design or by
    > fault. Any help greatly appreciated.

    I have the same LG dvd drive as you and use powerdvd5 on win98se with p3 550
    MHz cpu and tnt2 videocard and have no problems.

    graviton, Nov 8, 2005
  5. Rick

    Goro Guest

    Rick wrote:
    > Has anyone else come across this problem of both SW3 discs not loading in
    > their PC's DVD-ROM drive(s)? My setup is a Pioneer 109 burner & LG 4163
    > burner running PowerDVD6 and DVD-Region+CSS Free. The PowerDVD6 player runs
    > the disc(s) for a little while but does not come up with any video or audio
    > playback whilst it plays, then it just stops playing it altogether. It's
    > weird that it does anything at all since I cannot directly look at the DVD
    > contents via Windows etc.
    >
    > My standalone players run the DVDs fine so there is no question of their
    > readability and I doubt very much that either of my DVD drives are at fault
    > (since they read everything else I put into them). I can guess that maybe
    > PowerDVD6 is somehow incompatible with these DVDs, either by design or by
    > fault. Any help greatly appreciated.

    Could it be that it's an RCE disc and reacts to the DVDRegionfree?

    -goro-

    Goro, Nov 8, 2005
  6. Rick

    cc Guest

    On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 16:19:04 +1030, "Rick"
    <> wrote:

    >Has anyone else come across this problem of both SW3 discs not loading in
    >their PC's DVD-ROM drive(s)? My setup is a Pioneer 109 burner & LG 4163
    >burner running PowerDVD6 and DVD-Region+CSS Free. The PowerDVD6 player runs
    >the disc(s) for a little while but does not come up with any video or audio
    >playback whilst it plays, then it just stops playing it altogether. It's
    >weird that it does anything at all since I cannot directly look at the DVD
    >contents via Windows etc.
    >
    >My standalone players run the DVDs fine so there is no question of their
    >readability and I doubt very much that either of my DVD drives are at fault
    >(since they read everything else I put into them). I can guess that maybe
    >PowerDVD6 is somehow incompatible with these DVDs, either by design or by
    >fault. Any help greatly appreciated.

    Remove powerdvd and go back to the older version.
    I tried v6 and it failed so went back to v5 which works fine.

    cc, Nov 8, 2005