    NMORRELL Guest

    Just ordering a new system with x64 pre installed. Anyone have any
    experience running Starfleet Command 1, 2 or 3 on an x64 system?

    NMORRELL, May 10, 2005

    =?Utf-8?B?aXJpc2gzMDE=?=, May 10, 2005

  3. I don't know about Starfleet Command working or not working on x64. But I
    would be interested to know who you are buying your system from? I am
    interested in getting a pre-install as well. :)

    irish301

    =?Utf-8?B?aXJpc2gzMDE=?=, May 10, 2005
  4. NMORRELL

    MHPNW STAFF Guest

    Check out NWComputersinc.com

    Ask for Dennis

    MHPNW STAFF, May 10, 2005
  5. NMORRELL

    John Long Guest

    There are a few suppliers taking orders for "Pre-Sales" of x64 systems.

    Monarch Computers is one.

    http://www.monarchcomputer.com

    John

    John Long, May 10, 2005
  6. NMORRELL

    NMORRELL Guest

    ncix.com

    NMORRELL, May 10, 2005
  7. I have played all three on RC2, the games run better on X64 than they did on
    XP. With regular xp the games would be unresponsive to keyboard commands
    unless you minimized the game and then switched back to the game full
    screen. Compatability modes did not help. With X64 the games were kludge
    free, and stable.

    Victor L. Marshall, May 11, 2005
  8. NMORRELL

    NMORRELL Guest

    Great to hear! Us geeks need our Star Trek!

    NMORRELL, May 11, 2005
  9. "NMORRELL" <> wrote in message
    > Great to hear! Us geeks need our Star Trek!
    >
    > "Victor L. Marshall" <> wrote in message
    >> I have played all three on RC2, the games run better on X64 than
    >> they did on XP. With regular xp the games would be unresponsive to
    >> keyboard commands unless you minimized the game and then switched
    >> back to the game full screen. Compatability modes did not help.
    >> With X64 the games were kludge free, and stable.
    >> "NMORRELL" <> wrote in message
    >>> Just ordering a new system with x64 pre installed. Anyone have any
    >>> experience running Starfleet Command 1, 2 or 3 on an x64 system?

    Now, you have to test the new Far Cry. 490 meg of patches and another 430
    meg for some x64 improvments. See hereunder for more info :)

    cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy [MS MVP XP]
    Johannesburg - South Africa