    - same question, regarding the other ST movies. Thanks in
    advance.........
    , Apr 11, 2004

  2. Dan P. Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Just wondering - is the actual transfer on the new, double-disc edition
    > the same transfer as the earlier, single-disc version? While we're at it
    > - same question, regarding the other ST movies. Thanks in
    > advance.........

    The new double-disc version is anamorphic, while the old one was
    non-anamorphic. I believe the other movies are in the same boat as well.

    Dan
    Dan P., Apr 11, 2004

  3. wrote:
    > Just wondering - is the actual transfer on the new, double-disc edition
    > the same transfer as the earlier, single-disc version? While we're at it
    > - same question, regarding the other ST movies. Thanks in
    > advance.........

    New transfer, anamorphic, and at the AR that Nicholas Meyer wanted.

    --
    "Don't ask me, I'm just a girl!"
    --Hilary Clinton

    Grand Inquisitor
    Grand Inquisitor, Apr 11, 2004
  4. "Dan P." <> wrote in news:DAbec.6308$Hj1.221648
    @twister.southeast.rr.com:

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Just wondering - is the actual transfer on the new, double-disc edition
    >> the same transfer as the earlier, single-disc version? While we're at it
    >> - same question, regarding the other ST movies. Thanks in
    >> advance.........
    >>

    > The new double-disc version is anamorphic, while the old one was
    > non-anamorphic. I believe the other movies are in the same boat as well.

    You're correct on ST VI, it was non-anamorphic in its first DVD release,
    as were Generations and Final Frontier. The others were anamorphic
    in their first releases.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.Daily-Reviews.com
    Aaron J. Bossig, Apr 12, 2004
  5. Mike Kohary Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Just wondering - is the actual transfer on the new, double-disc edition
    > the same transfer as the earlier, single-disc version?

    It's a new anamorphic transfer. Note that it's not in OAR, unlike every
    other Trek movie on DVD.

    Mike
    Mike Kohary, Apr 12, 2004
  6. Mike Kohary wrote:
    > <> wrote:

    >> Just wondering - is the actual transfer on the new, double-disc edition
    >> the same transfer as the earlier, single-disc version?

    > It's a new anamorphic transfer. Note that it's not in OAR, unlike every
    > other Trek movie on DVD.

    Note also that it's in the director's preferred AR (i.e., the lack of OAR
    doesn't mean that it was pan-and-scanned or open-matted by some third-party
    technician with no connection to the film).

    doug

    --
    "And the chorus goes, and the chorus goes, b-b-b-b-b-bang..."
    --Wire
    Douglas Bailey, Apr 12, 2004
  7. Mike Kohary Guest

    "Douglas Bailey" <> wrote in message
    > Mike Kohary wrote:
    > > <> wrote:

    > >> Just wondering - is the actual transfer on the new, double-disc edition
    > >> the same transfer as the earlier, single-disc version?

    > > It's a new anamorphic transfer. Note that it's not in OAR, unlike every
    > > other Trek movie on DVD.

    > Note also that it's in the director's preferred AR (i.e., the lack of OAR
    > doesn't mean that it was pan-and-scanned or open-matted by some

    third-party
    > technician with no connection to the film).

    I knew someone would come along for the defense. ;) It's not necessary; I
    only stated it's not in OAR, which is a fact.

    Mike
    Mike Kohary, Apr 12, 2004
  8. Bill Binder Guest

    Also, some shots have been re-edited.
    Bill Binder, Apr 12, 2004
  9. Mike Kohary wrote:
    > Douglas Bailey wrote:
    >> Mike Kohary wrote:

    >>> It's a new anamorphic transfer. Note that it's not in OAR, unlike every
    >>> other Trek movie on DVD.

    >> Note also that it's in the director's preferred AR (i.e., the lack of
    >> OAR doesn't mean that it was pan-and-scanned or open-matted by some
    >> third-party technician with no connection to the film).

    > I knew someone would come along for the defense. ;)

    I'm not defending it, merely offering more information to the OP.

    > It's not necessary; I only stated it's not in OAR, which is a fact.

    ....and one which I haven't contradicted (I did mention "the lack of OAR" in
    my post). I just expanded upon it. :)

    doug

    --
    "A bed is creaking as the new messiah comes..."
    --XTC
    Douglas Bailey, Apr 12, 2004
  10. Ronald Cole Guest

    Bill Binder <> writes:
    > Also, some shots have been re-edited.

    Do you know which ones were?

    Ronald Cole <> Phone: (760) 499-9142
    President, CEO Fax: (760) 499-9152
    Ronald Cole, Apr 14, 2004
  11. Joshua Zyber Guest

    Joshua Zyber, Apr 14, 2004
  12. Mike Kohary Guest

    "Joshua Zyber" <> wrote in message
    > "Ronald Cole" <> wrote in message
    > > > Also, some shots have been re-edited.

    > > Do you know which ones were?

    > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102975/alternateversions

    <sigh> Why can't directors just leave their damned films alone once they've
    completed them?

    Mike
    Mike Kohary, Apr 14, 2004