Star Trek V: collector ed DVD out already?!?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Impmon, Oct 9, 2003.

  1. Impmon

    Impmon Guest

    Today at Walmart I spotted a copy of Star Trek V for $18.88 and took it.
    I was under the impression it wasn't due out for another week? I
    checked Amazon.com and it reported the movie's not out until 14th of
    October (next Tuesday)

    I have scanned in front and back cover for you to look at. It will be
    taken down next week.
    http://personalpages.tds.net/~wilykat/stv_ce_frnt.jpg (front)
    http://personalpages.tds.net/~wilykat/stv_ce_back.jpg (back)

    Did Walmart screw up something or was the release date pushed up a
    little earlier? If it was Walmart's mistake and you want the movie, you
    may still be able to get it at Walmart in Lapeer, MI (about 25 minutes
    East from Flint, exit 155 from I-69)

    (ps when will ST VI be out?)
    --
    space for rent.
    To reply, change digi.mon to tds.net

    Impmon, Oct 9, 2003

  2. Impmon

    Brian Guest

    Star Trek VI and Generations will have "Directors Editions" in early 2004.

    Brian, Oct 9, 2003

  3. Impmon

    Wade365 Guest

    << Star Trek VI and Generations will have "Directors Editions" in early 2004.

    Just remember: Buy the EVEN NUMBERED sequels only.

    : )

    I liked No.6, I especially remember going "Oooooo!" when those Klingons were
    shot up in zero-gravity and the purplish blood was floating around... because
    of this thread I sat through No.5 last night and it's just so lame... what is
    it about the series curse? Or was it just that it was Shatner's turn to direct?

    .... and what DOES God need with a spaceship, anyway?

    : )

    Wade365, Oct 9, 2003
  4. Impmon

    Impmon Guest

    On 09 Oct 2003 19:11:38 GMT, (Wade365) typed:

    >Just remember: Buy the EVEN NUMBERED sequels only.

    Even if just for the second disc? I never planned on watching the movie
    itself anyway-- it has to be nthe worst of all ST movies. Beside I
    don't want a hole on my shelf between ST4 and ST6. ;)

    Impmon, Oct 10, 2003
  5. In news:eek:,
    Impmon <> said in a panic:
    > On 09 Oct 2003 19:11:38 GMT, (Wade365) typed:
    >
    >> Just remember: Buy the EVEN NUMBERED sequels only.

    > Even if just for the second disc? I never planned on watching the
    > movie itself anyway-- it has to be nthe worst of all ST movies.
    > Beside I don't want a hole on my shelf between ST4 and ST6. ;)

    ST5 is kinda like "Space Quest 5" to me... it never happened. ;)

    (For those who don't get what I just said, there was this sci-fi spoof
    game series called "Space Quest" done by Sierra Online. Anyways, as
    a joke in the 6th.. err.. 5th... game, they make it "Space Quest 6" and
    said that in some point in the game that "we lost the master disks for
    Space Quest 5.")

    --
    Brian "Demolition Man" Little

    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Oct 10, 2003
  6. >... and what DOES God need with a spaceship, anyway?

    >: )

    "ZZAAPP!!" - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Oct 10, 2003
  7. Impmon

    TSKO Guest

    I am going to go where no man has gone before......to allow a hole between 4
    and 6..........I cant just get up the nerve to buy it....total waste of
    money for me....so alas....I am going to let it go...

    TSKO, Oct 10, 2003
  8. Impmon

    Impmon Guest

    On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 22:43:39 -0500, "Brian \"Demolition Man\" Little"
    <> typed:

    >ST5 is kinda like "Space Quest 5" to me... it never happened. ;)

    Too bad it can't be said for Battlestar Galactica 1980. :p

    Impmon, Oct 10, 2003
  9. Impmon

    jayembee Guest

    (Wade365) wrote:

    > Just remember: Buy the EVEN NUMBERED sequels only.

    If I do that, I'll end up owning a sequel I don't like (IV)
    and not owning a sequel I *do* like (INSURRECTION).

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Oct 10, 2003
  10. On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 19:28:49 -0400, Impmon <> scribbled:
    > On 09 Oct 2003 19:11:38 GMT, (Wade365) typed:
    >
    >>Just remember: Buy the EVEN NUMBERED sequels only.

    > Even if just for the second disc? I never planned on watching the movie
    > itself anyway-- it has to be nthe worst of all ST movies. Beside I

    After careful thought, I've put Nemesis on the bottom of ST movies:
    to me, it is definitely the worst. By far.

    Baby-talk Data vs. Kirk beating up God. Hmmm. I'll take the
    latter, thank you.

    VJM

    Vincent J. Murphy, Oct 10, 2003
  11. Impmon

    jayembee Guest

    "Vincent J. Murphy" <> wrote:

    > Baby-talk Data vs. Kirk beating up God. Hmmm. I'll take
    > the latter, thank you.

    Yeah, but try making it Baby-talk Data vs. "Row-row-row your
    boat" or Baby-talk Data vs. Uhura's fan dance.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Oct 10, 2003
  12. On 10 Oct 2003 15:29:42 -0700, jayembee <> scribbled:
    > "Vincent J. Murphy" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Baby-talk Data vs. Kirk beating up God. Hmmm. I'll take
    >> the latter, thank you.

    > Yeah, but try making it Baby-talk Data vs. "Row-row-row your
    > boat" or Baby-talk Data vs. Uhura's fan dance.

    Mmmm. Uhura fan dance. At least she actually got to do
    something in the movie, unlike Dorn, McFadden, Burton.
    I guess that's why I like V: at least there are some character
    moments (or character assasination moments, I guess).
    With Nemesis, I felt like I paid to see the crew, but
    only got the 2 bald guys and 2 robots, none of them
    terribly interesting.

    VJM

    Vincent J. Murphy, Oct 11, 2003
  13. Impmon

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, (jayembee) wrote:
    >"Vincent J. Murphy" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Baby-talk Data vs. Kirk beating up God. Hmmm. I'll take
    >> the latter, thank you.

    >Yeah, but try making it Baby-talk Data vs. "Row-row-row your
    >boat" or Baby-talk Data vs. Uhura's fan dance.
    >
    >-- jayembee

    Uhura had rock hard abs , whats not to like about that scene hehehehe.

    Spock camping was fucking hillarious

    GMAN, Oct 11, 2003
  14. Impmon

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, Impmon <> wrote:
    >Today at Walmart I spotted a copy of Star Trek V for $18.88 and took it.
    >I was under the impression it wasn't due out for another week? I
    >checked Amazon.com and it reported the movie's not out until 14th of
    >October (next Tuesday)
    >
    >I have scanned in front and back cover for you to look at. It will be
    >taken down next week.
    >http://personalpages.tds.net/~wilykat/stv_ce_frnt.jpg (front)
    >http://personalpages.tds.net/~wilykat/stv_ce_back.jpg (back)
    >
    >Did Walmart screw up something or was the release date pushed up a
    >little earlier? If it was Walmart's mistake and you want the movie, you
    >may still be able to get it at Walmart in Lapeer, MI (about 25 minutes
    >East from Flint, exit 155 from I-69)
    >
    >(ps when will ST VI be out?)

    That is NOT the directors edition slated for the 14th

    GMAN, Oct 11, 2003
  15. Impmon

    Wade365 Guest

    All these points you bring up... my lunch is not far behind, I tell ye...

    .... ulp... "fan dance"...

    .... I have yet to see "Nemesis"... waiting for cable.

    Wade365, Oct 11, 2003
  16. Impmon

    Impmon Guest

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 06:44:50 GMT,
    (GMAN) typed:

    >That is NOT the directors edition slated for the 14th

    I don't know but when I used DVD Profiler, it didn't have a listing for
    ST:V even though I added via UPC code. Amazon showed only 2 different
    ST:V, one old version (released about 3 or 4 years) and the new version
    due next Tuesday.

    Impmon, Oct 11, 2003
  17. Actually, Space Quest 5 did happen.. it was called 'The Next Mutation'.

    I believe you are thinking of the Leisure Suit Larry Franchise which
    skipped I believe Part 4. (For those even more hard core into Space Quest,
    you'll remember that Roger Wilco deleted Larry 4 at the end of Space Quest IV)

    Jack Laughlin, Oct 13, 2003
  18. Impmon

    Eric R. Guest

    Impmon <> wrote in message

    > I never planned on watching the movie
    > itself anyway-- it has to be nthe worst of all ST movies.

    Actually, I think they topped it (or, rather, "bottomed" it) with Star
    Trek: Insurrection.

    I wouldn't have thought it possible to make a worse bonehead move than
    to let Shatner direct. But then someone came along and greenlit a
    script with lines like: "In the event of a water landing, I have been
    designed to act as a floatation device." -- Data

    -Eric

    Eric R., Oct 15, 2003
  19. Impmon

    Smaug69 Guest

    (Eric R.) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Impmon <> wrote in message
    >
    > > I never planned on watching the movie
    > > itself anyway-- it has to be nthe worst of all ST movies.

    > Actually, I think they topped it (or, rather, "bottomed" it) with Star
    > Trek: Insurrection.
    >
    > I wouldn't have thought it possible to make a worse bonehead move than
    > to let Shatner direct. But then someone came along and greenlit a
    > script with lines like: "In the event of a water landing, I have been
    > designed to act as a floatation device." -- Data

    And "Saddle up! Lock and load!"

    That's what happens when you randomly pick from the pile of scripts
    rejected for the TV series.

    Smaug69

    Smaug69, Oct 16, 2003
  20. Impmon

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Smaug69" <> wrote in message
    > > I wouldn't have thought it possible to make a worse bonehead move

    than
    > > to let Shatner direct. But then someone came along and greenlit a
    > > script with lines like: "In the event of a water landing, I have

    been
    > > designed to act as a floatation device." -- Data

    > And "Saddle up! Lock and load!"
    >
    > That's what happens when you randomly pick from the pile of scripts
    > rejected for the TV series.

    Ain't that the truth?

    The "lock and load" line is a particular favorite of mine. What exactly
    are they supposed to load into their phaser rifles?

    Joshua Zyber, Oct 17, 2003