  1. RR

    RR Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. Richard Hassinger, Aug 9, 2004

  3. Richard Hassinger wrote:
    > This trailer says it will be out this month... How is this series
    > different from the TOS library which has already been available for
    > some time?

    It has extras where the existing discs are bare-bones. It includes the
    original mono soundtracks as well as the 5.1-channel remix, where the
    current releases only have the remix. And it's significantly cheaper ($135
    list for Season One vs. the ~$300 list it would cost you to buy those 29
    episodes on 15 separate discs).

    Oh, and it'll take up *far* less room on your shelves, too. :)

    doug

    --
    "In all your hurry, you've accidentally locked the gate..."
    --XTC
    Douglas Bailey, Aug 9, 2004
  4. Douglas Bailey wrote:
    > Richard Hassinger wrote:
    >> How is this series different from the TOS library which has already been
    >> available for some time?

    > ...It includes the original mono soundtracks as well as the 5.1-channel
    > remix, where the current releases only have the remix.

    I wrote the above earlier in the month, when it appeared to be true (going
    by details cited on DVDFile).

    Sadly, as I've already pointed out in another thread --
    <http://google.com/groups?selm=jtbd9upfoito.dlg%40snernce.com> -- I was
    wrong: the 2-channel tracks on the season box are sourced from the remix,
    not the original mono mixes.

    Just didn't want to leave any misinformation in this thread.

    doug

    --
    "The answer to your question is -- what can you afford?"
    --H-A-L-O
    Douglas Bailey, Aug 26, 2004
  5. RR

    Ronald Cole Guest

    Douglas Bailey <> writes:
    > Douglas Bailey wrote:
    >> Richard Hassinger wrote:
    >>> How is this series different from the TOS library which has already been
    >>> available for some time?

    >> ...It includes the original mono soundtracks as well as the 5.1-channel
    >> remix, where the current releases only have the remix.

    > I wrote the above earlier in the month, when it appeared to be true (going
    > by details cited on DVDFile).
    >
    > Sadly, as I've already pointed out in another thread --
    > <http://google.com/groups?selm=jtbd9upfoito.dlg%40snernce.com> -- I was
    > wrong: the 2-channel tracks on the season box are sourced from the remix,
    > not the original mono mixes.
    >
    > Just didn't want to leave any misinformation in this thread.

    And Paramount couldn't be bothered to fix the telecine jitters in
    a couple of the episodes (e.g. "City on the Edge of Forever").
    Cheap bastards.

    Ronald Cole <> Phone: (760) 499-9142
    President, CEO Fax: (760) 499-9152
    Ronald Cole, Aug 27, 2004