    Anyone heard any more news if or when Star Trek - The Original Series DVD
    will be in boxed sets?

    Philby
    Philby©, Apr 14, 2004

  2. Philby© wrote:
    > Anyone heard any more news if or when Star Trek - The Original Series DVD
    > will be in boxed sets?

    I've heard December 2004 rumoured, but nothing firm or official yet.

    doug

    --
    "Ah, but I have secrets; and there's a story in me -- it starts..."
    --Wire
    Douglas Bailey, Apr 14, 2004

  3. Philby©

    jayembee Guest

    "Philby©" <> wrote:

    >Anyone heard any more news if or when Star Trek - The Original
    >Series DVD will be in boxed sets?

    Probably not until after VOYAGER has been completed.

    I hope to God that Paramount will include the original mono
    soundtracks this time. Otherwise, I still won't buy them.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Apr 14, 2004
  4. Philby©

    Roger Zoul Guest

    jayembee wrote:
    :: "Philby©" <> wrote:
    ::
    ::: Anyone heard any more news if or when Star Trek - The Original
    ::: Series DVD will be in boxed sets?
    ::
    :: Probably not until after VOYAGER has been completed.
    ::
    :: I hope to God that Paramount will include the original mono
    :: soundtracks this time. Otherwise, I still won't buy them.

    How many episodes will they include per disc?
    Roger Zoul, Apr 14, 2004
  5. Philby©

    Brian Guest

    This late fall early winter...

    Brian, Apr 14, 2004
  6. Philby©

    Brian Guest

    It is OFFICIAL..when you get Voyager on DVD, there is a small ad on the back
    saying TOS was coming late 2004.

    Brian, Apr 14, 2004
  7. Philby©

    jayembee Guest

    "Roger Zoul" <> wrote:

    >How many episodes will they include per disc?

    I would assume that if they're issued in complete season sets, then
    they'll have 4 eps per disc in order to keep down the number of discs
    in each set.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Apr 14, 2004
  8. Philby©

    Ronald Cole Guest

    jayembee <> writes:
    > "Philby©" <> wrote:
    >>Anyone heard any more news if or when Star Trek - The Original
    >>Series DVD will be in boxed sets?

    > Probably not until after VOYAGER has been completed.
    >
    > I hope to God that Paramount will include the original mono
    > soundtracks this time. Otherwise, I still won't buy them.

    And use the correct intros on the first six discs. Paramount,
    seemingly repulsed by the scratchy negatives, used the third season
    intro on the first six discs. There was a blurb about it in Star Trek
    Communicator or Star Trek: The Magazine at the time.

    And if they don't, then at least I've got the laserdiscs if I want to
    see them as originally broadcast and not re-edited together with a
    totally different soundtrack.

    Ronald Cole <> Phone: (760) 499-9142
    President, CEO Fax: (760) 499-9152
    Ronald Cole, Apr 15, 2004
  9. Philby©

    jayembee Guest

    Ronald Cole <> wrote:

    > And if they don't, then at least I've got the laserdiscs
    > if I want to see them as originally broadcast and not
    > re-edited together with a totally different soundtrack.

    Same here.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Apr 15, 2004
  10. "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    > "Philby©" <> wrote:
    >
    > >Anyone heard any more news if or when Star Trek - The Original
    > >Series DVD will be in boxed sets?

    > Probably not until after VOYAGER has been completed.
    >
    > I hope to God that Paramount will include the original mono
    > soundtracks this time. Otherwise, I still won't buy them.
    >
    > -- jayembee

    I would think there would be more of a demand for TOS than for V'ger....
    Regarding the soundtrack, I don't mind the original mono track as long as a
    remixed 5.1 (or at least plain stereo) track is also included.....I suppose
    commentary tracks would be too much to hope for, but if Bill Shatner's so
    hard up for cash that he'll do those Priceline commercials, perhaps
    Paramount can get him cheap (and maybe Leonard, too...).
    Joseph S. Powell, III, Apr 23, 2004
  11. Philby©

    jayembee Guest

    "Joseph S. Powell, III" <> wrote:

    > "jayembee" <> wrote:
    >
    >> "Philby©" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone heard any more news if or when Star Trek - The
    >>> Original Series DVD will be in boxed sets?

    >> Probably not until after VOYAGER has been completed.
    >>
    >> I hope to God that Paramount will include the original
    >> mono soundtracks this time. Otherwise, I still won't
    >> buy them.

    > I would think there would be more of a demand for TOS
    > than for V'ger....

    I would, too. But from another perspective, TOS had already
    been released, and VOYAGER hadn't been.

    > Regarding the soundtrack, I don't mind the original mono
    > track as long as a remixed 5.1 (or at least plain stereo)
    > track is also included.....

    I'm the opposite. I won't mind if the 5.1 track is there
    as long as the original mono track is available.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Apr 23, 2004
  12. Philby©

    ZC TGS Guest

    On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 23:11:36 -0500, "Joseph S. Powell, III"
    <> wrote:

    >"jayembee" <> wrote in message
    >> "Philby©" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Anyone heard any more news if or when Star Trek - The Original
    >> >Series DVD will be in boxed sets?

    >> Probably not until after VOYAGER has been completed.

    As far as the Region 2 editions are concerned, Star Trek - The
    Original Series DVD Boxsets will be coming out later this year along
    side the later seasons of Voyager.
    ZC TGS, Apr 23, 2004
  13. Philby©

    SRT Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > This late fall early winter...
    > "Philby©" <> wrote in message
    > > Anyone heard any more news if or when Star Trek - The Original Series

    DVD
    > > will be in boxed sets?
    > >
    > > Philby

    I guess the trend of price gouging and package minimization will continue.
    You can probably drop the "boxed" from "boxed sets". I imagine a TOS season
    package will just come as a set of loose unlabeled discs with no inserts,
    graphics (other than a bar code), etc. And for the privilege of owning such
    a jam packed, high quality package, the retail price will be set at, oh,
    probably around $500.

    srt
    SRT, Apr 24, 2004
  14. Philby©

    Jerry Guest

    On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 16:49:53 GMT, "SRT" <>
    wrote:
    >I guess the trend of price gouging and package minimization will continue.
    >You can probably drop the "boxed" from "boxed sets". I imagine a TOS season
    >package will just come as a set of loose unlabeled discs with no inserts,
    >graphics (other than a bar code), etc. And for the privilege of owning such
    >a jam packed, high quality package, the retail price will be set at, oh,
    >probably around $500.

    Considering I bought the entire series on DVD like a fool for a bit
    under $500, I expect that the price for the whole collection will be
    less than $500 to make me regret buying them early. Most importantly,
    they need to fix the flaws and retransfer everything including both
    audio tracks to rub the salt in my wounds fully. I got carried away a
    few years ago when I started into DVD and saw them all on sale for
    about $12 each.

    I only made it part way through the first season and got sidetracked
    on other things, so most of my TOS DVDs are unopened, but even if they
    come out with better editions I doubt I'd be able to get much for my
    unopened ones.
    Jerry, Apr 27, 2004