    settings to watch them at the correct aspect ratio?

    Thanks for the help and understanding.

    Charles
    Charles Davis, Dec 30, 2005

  2. Charles Davis

    Aphelion Guest

    > Should my Star Trek TOS DVDs play as 4:3, or do I have to tweak my DVD
    > settings to watch them at the correct aspect ratio?

    The DVDs should play as 4:3. Give me the time index where this occurs and I
    can check my disc too.

    Aphelion
    Aphelion, Dec 31, 2005

  3. Charles Davis

    Aphelion Guest

    > Should my Star Trek TOS DVDs play as 4:3, or do I have to tweak my DVD
    > settings to watch them at the correct aspect ratio?

    Oh, wait. You're saying the entire episode was stretched. While your DVD
    player may be set for a 16x9 TV, the TV itself should give you the option of
    switching between 4:3 and 16x9.

    Aphelion
    Aphelion, Dec 31, 2005
  4. Charles Davis

    Napalm68 Guest

    Charles Davis wrote:
    > Hi, all. I have a minor problem with aspect ratio.
    >
    > I've just played an episode of my Star Trek TOS Season 2 DVD set ("The
    > Doomsday Machine", good episode) on my new HDTV.
    >
    > The picture was not 4:3 but instead the picture was stretched, or otherwise
    > altered, to a 16:9 format. It was bad. The DVD player was not zooming the
    > picture.
    >
    > My DVD player to set to play to a 16:9 TV, which is required for other DVDs
    > I have that are formatted for 16x9.
    >
    > Should my Star Trek TOS DVDs play as 4:3, or do I have to tweak my DVD
    > settings to watch them at the correct aspect ratio?
    >
    > Thanks for the help and understanding.
    >
    > Charles

    Jeeeezus........ You change the aspect ratio on your fucken TV. Or give your TV
    away to someone with at least 1/4 of a brain and buy an old 4:3 set.
    Napalm68, Dec 31, 2005