    same universe as "Star Trek".

    charachters share the same universe.

    , Oct 19, 2004

  2. Bo Raxo Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I can prove that "Happy Days" and "Laverne & Shirley" are set in the
    > same universe as "Star Trek".
    >
    > charachters share the same universe.

    Because of that TOS episode where the Starship Fonzie rescued the colonists
    on planet Squiggy V?

    Yeah, that was a good one. I really liked the Chuck Cunningham character,
    but it seemed like he just disappeared about halfway through.

    Bo Raxo, Oct 19, 2004

  3. Richard C. Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I can prove that "Happy Days" and "Laverne & Shirley" are set in the
    > same universe as "Star Trek".
    >
    > charachters share the same universe.

    =====================
    Of course they do....
    it is the same universe you are in....................

    Richard C., Oct 19, 2004
  4. G. M. Lupo Guest

    "Bo Raxo" <> wrote...
    :
    : Yeah, that was a good one. I really liked the Chuck Cunningham character,
    : but it seemed like he just disappeared about halfway through.

    He was lost in a transporter mishap. Went to the parallel universe and
    became emperor.

    Matt Lupo

    --
    G. M. Lupo a.k.a. matt at lupo dot com

    Up on the hill, they think I'm okay
    Or so they say...

    G. M. Lupo, Oct 19, 2004
  5. <> schreef in bericht
    > I can prove that "Happy Days" and "Laverne & Shirley" are set in the
    > same universe as "Star Trek".
    >
    > charachters share the same universe.

    Ah, then Orc could be a member of the Federation! ;-)

    BTW, I read on a web site somewhere that someone claimed Star Trek also
    shared a universe with Knight Rider.
    Couldn't find proof of it though.
    Besides, the problem with that would be the character nick named 'Trek' in
    one sequel series, who was a big Star Trek fan.

    --
    Wouter Valentijn

    www.zeppodunsel.nl www.nksf.nl

    "Do you want to meet the real me?"

    Captain Malcolm Reynolds (Firefly: 'War Stories').

    Wouter Valentijn, Oct 19, 2004
  6. Jim Barker Guest

    Wouter Valentijn wrote:
    > <> schreef in bericht
    >
    >>I can prove that "Happy Days" and "Laverne & Shirley" are set in the
    >>same universe as "Star Trek".
    >>
    >>charachters share the same universe.
    >>

    > Ah, then Orc could be a member of the Federation! ;-)
    >
    > BTW, I read on a web site somewhere that someone claimed Star Trek also
    > shared a universe with Knight Rider.
    > Couldn't find proof of it though.

    Very tenuous, but James Doohan had a cameo in the KNIGHTRIDER 2000
    telefilm, though he was playing himself rather than Scotty.

    Jim Barker

    Jim Barker, Oct 19, 2004
  7. "Jim Barker" <> schreef in bericht
    > Wouter Valentijn wrote:
    > > <> schreef in bericht
    > >
    > >>I can prove that "Happy Days" and "Laverne & Shirley" are set in the
    > >>same universe as "Star Trek".
    > >>
    > >>charachters share the same universe.
    > >>

    > > Ah, then Orc could be a member of the Federation! ;-)
    > >
    > > BTW, I read on a web site somewhere that someone claimed Star Trek also
    > > shared a universe with Knight Rider.
    > > Couldn't find proof of it though.

    > Very tenuous, but James Doohan had a cameo in the KNIGHTRIDER 2000
    > telefilm, though he was playing himself rather than Scotty.

    Imo if he wan't Scotty there it doesn't count.

    Wouter Valentijn, Oct 19, 2004
  8. wrote in message news:<>...
    > I can prove that "Happy Days" and "Laverne & Shirley" are set in the
    > same universe as "Star Trek".
    >
    > charachters share the same universe.

    Is this one of those series of crossovers
    things, connecting shows A to B to C to D by
    using characters who appeared in two shows?
    That's not a very strong proof, since the same
    character might have counterparts in multiple
    universes; if character X from show A appears
    on show B, that can just mean that the
    universes of A and show B have character X
    in common.

    Consider things other than characters. Does,
    say, Fawlty Towers have to be in the same
    universe as MASH because Basil Fawlty once
    mentioned the Korean War? No, it could just
    be two universes, both of which had a Korean
    War. And the same for characters.

    Theodore Jay Miller, Oct 19, 2004
  9. Jim Barker Guest

    Wouter Valentijn wrote:

    >>>BTW, I read on a web site somewhere that someone claimed Star Trek also
    >>>shared a universe with Knight Rider.
    >>>Couldn't find proof of it though.

    >>Very tenuous, but James Doohan had a cameo in the KNIGHTRIDER 2000
    >>telefilm, though he was playing himself rather than Scotty.

    > Imo if he wan't Scotty there it doesn't count.
    >
    > That's why I said it was very tenuous :)

    IIRC, Doohan is queuing at an ATM and manages to get accidentally
    stunned by a beam from Hasselhoffs car. Hasselhoff rushes across to help
    him and Doohan starts burbling about "The engines's cannae take it,
    Captain..." and Hasselhoff says something like 'Omigod, I shot Scotty"...

    Jim Barker

    Jim Barker, Oct 19, 2004
  10. "Jim Barker" <> schreef in bericht

    > >>Very tenuous, but James Doohan had a cameo in the KNIGHTRIDER 2000
    > >>telefilm, though he was playing himself rather than Scotty.

    > > Imo if he wan't Scotty there it doesn't count.
    > >
    > > That's why I said it was very tenuous :)

    > IIRC, Doohan is queuing at an ATM and manages to get accidentally
    > stunned by a beam from Hasselhoffs car. Hasselhoff rushes across to help
    > him and Doohan starts burbling about "The engines's cannae take it,
    > Captain..." and Hasselhoff says something like 'Omigod, I shot Scotty"...

    LOL!

    Wouter Valentijn, Oct 19, 2004
  11. Bill Binder Guest

    He actually refferred to him as James Doohan, star of Star Treks I-X.
    which negates Trek and Knight Rider in the same universe.

    Bill

    Bill Binder, Oct 19, 2004
  12. wrote:
    : I can prove that "Happy Days" and "Laverne & Shirley" are set in the
    : same universe as "Star Trek".

    I don't know about that, but I can say with comfidence that "Star Trek" is
    set in the same universe as "Star Trek: The Next Generation" "Star Trek:
    Deep Space Nine," and "Star Trek: Voyager."

    "Enterprise" a different story though....

    Brad

    Brad Filippone, Oct 19, 2004
  13. wrote:
    : I can prove that "Happy Days" and "Laverne & Shirley" are set in the
    : same universe as "Star Trek".

    Well, "Squiggy" was in The next Generation's "Peak Performance" and
    "Lenny" was in Voyager's "The Thaw"

    Brad

    Brad Filippone, Oct 19, 2004
  14. wrote:

    > I can prove that "Happy Days" and "Laverne & Shirley" are set in the
    > same universe as "Star Trek".
    >
    > charachters share the same universe.

    How do you know that those characters aren't
    alternate universe versions of one another?

    --

    Graham Kennedy

    Creator and Author,
    Daystrom Institute Technical Library
    http://www.ditl.org

    Graham Kennedy, Oct 19, 2004
  15. Bob Flaminio Guest

    Wouter Valentijn wrote:
    > BTW, I read on a web site somewhere that someone claimed Star Trek
    > also shared a universe with Knight Rider.
    > Couldn't find proof of it though.

    Here's your link:
    http://www.poobala.com/standteam.html

    --
    Bob

    Bob Flaminio, Oct 20, 2004
  16. "Bob Flaminio" <> schreef in bericht
    > Wouter Valentijn wrote:
    > > BTW, I read on a web site somewhere that someone claimed Star Trek
    > > also shared a universe with Knight Rider.
    > > Couldn't find proof of it though.

    > Here's your link:
    > http://www.poobala.com/standteam.html

    Ah, thanks.
    One really big problem with this of course is the Kevin Sanders character
    who is called 'Trek' due to the fact he's a fan of Star Trek. He's even got
    Gene Roddenberry's ashes in a locked or something like that. In one episode
    he even throws them into an opponents face.
    So, within the universe of Knight Rider, Star Trek is fictional.

    Having said that, in the opening credits of Star Trek Enterprise we get to
    see the space shuttle Enterprise, which is named after a certain fictional
    starship in a series called Star Trek.

    Wouter Valentijn, Oct 20, 2004
  17. Ed Stasiak Guest

    > "Wouter Valentijn" <> wrote
    >
    > Having said that, in the opening credits of Star Trek Enterprise we get to
    > see the space shuttle Enterprise, which is named after a certain fictional
    > starship in a series called Star Trek.

    There were a couple of other ships named "Enterprise" prior to the
    Enterprise of the original Star Trek series;

    http://starchive.cs.umanitoba.ca/?SNE/

    Ed Stasiak, Oct 21, 2004
  18. In article <> "Wouter Valentijn" <> writes:

    >Having said that, in the opening credits of Star Trek Enterprise we get to
    >see the space shuttle Enterprise, which is named after a certain fictional
    >starship in a series called Star Trek.

    Except for two things:

    1) The shuttle isn't "real". It's a different orbiter with the name
    "Enterprise" CGI'd onto the hull, into a position where the real
    Enterprise never wore a name.

    2) Use of the name "Enterprise" on US vehicles and vessels long predates
    Star Trek, and the name thus could theoretically have been applied on
    spacecraft even if Trek did not exist.

    In combination, these two IMHO allow Star Trek the TV show to still
    be judged "not existing" in the universe of Star Trek... :)

    (Incidentally, there's another STS Orbiter Enterprise in Star Trek,
    too. It's docked to the model of Space Station Freedom in Sisko's
    office. The print is way too small to read, though.)

    Timo Saloniemi

    Timo S Saloniemi, Oct 21, 2004
  19. Bo Raxo Guest

    "Bill Binder" <> wrote in message
    > He actually refferred to him as James Doohan, star of Star Treks I-X.
    > which negates Trek and Knight Rider in the same universe.
    >
    > Bill

    Why couldn't Trek exist in a universe in which there was a t.v. show that
    accurately predicted the rise of the Federation (and a whole lotta other
    things) centuries later?

    I recall a fanfic story in a book waaayyyy back in the 70s (cue disco music)
    with that very premise. A transporter accident sent the actors to the
    Enterprise, and sent the "real" Kirk, Spock, etc. on to the sets at Desilu.
    It was (to my then-teenage mind) quite clever and highly entertaining.

    Bo Raxo

    Bo Raxo, Oct 21, 2004
  20. Kweeg Guest

    "Bo Raxo" <> wrote in message

    > "Bill Binder" <> wrote in message
    > > He actually refferred to him as James Doohan, star of Star Treks I-X.
    > > which negates Trek and Knight Rider in the same universe.
    > >
    > > Bill

    > Why couldn't Trek exist in a universe in which there was a t.v. show that
    > accurately predicted the rise of the Federation (and a whole lotta other
    > things) centuries later?
    >
    > I recall a fanfic story in a book waaayyyy back in the 70s (cue disco

    music)
    > with that very premise. A transporter accident sent the actors to the
    > Enterprise, and sent the "real" Kirk, Spock, etc. on to the sets at

    Desilu.
    > It was (to my then-teenage mind) quite clever and highly entertaining.

    I believe it was called 'Visit to a Strange Planet,' the one I read was
    'Visit to a Strange Planet Revisited' where Shatner and Nimoy were beamed
    aboard the 'real' Enterprise. Must have been in Trek magazine 'cause I read
    that one in The Best of Trek (volume unknown) Larfed me bum off.......

    --

    Qa'pla
    Kweeg

    Kweeg, Oct 21, 2004