    a nice way to keep Trek alive (or at least in the consciousness) until
    Paramount decides to do another series.

    -goro-

    Goro, Jan 20, 2006

  2. Goro

    Jim Barker Guest

    Goro wrote:
    > I see that the Animated ST is due out on DVD soon. As I recall, these
    > were good stories but the animation was mediocre (as was the norm for
    > the early 70s). Since they have the audio and the scripts, I wonder if
    > they would consider re-animating these and broadcasting them. It'd be
    > a nice way to keep Trek alive (or at least in the consciousness) until
    > Paramount decides to do another series.
    >
    > -goro-

    I've often wodered why they've never done a fully CGI animated Star Trek
    - even as a test.

    Jim Barker
    Barker Design and Illustration
    http://www.cartoonise.com/
    http://www.magneticscotland.com/

    http://www.myvideotalk.com/54545

    Jim Barker, Jan 20, 2006

  3. Jim Barker <> wrote in news:Aq8Af.4616$wl.3038
    @text.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

    > Goro wrote:
    >> I see that the Animated ST is due out on DVD soon. As I recall, these
    >> were good stories but the animation was mediocre (as was the norm for
    >> the early 70s). Since they have the audio and the scripts, I wonder if
    >> they would consider re-animating these and broadcasting them. It'd be
    >> a nice way to keep Trek alive (or at least in the consciousness) until
    >> Paramount decides to do another series.
    >>
    >> -goro-
    >>

    > I've often wodered why they've never done a fully CGI animated Star Trek
    > - even as a test.

    The PC games that came out in the mid-90s were very close to this. See
    if you can find TNG's "A Final Unity" or DS9's "Harbinger" to see what
    I mean.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.dvdverdict.com

    Aaron J. Bossig, Jan 20, 2006
  4. Aaron J. Bossig wrote:

    >>>I see that the Animated ST is due out on DVD soon. As I recall, these
    >>>were good stories but the animation was mediocre (as was the norm for
    >>>the early 70s). Since they have the audio and the scripts, I wonder if
    >>>they would consider re-animating these and broadcasting them. It'd be
    >>>a nice way to keep Trek alive (or at least in the consciousness) until
    >>>Paramount decides to do another series.

    (Uh, you'd STILL have the Filmation music and Filmation voice-acting--
    You can dress 'em up, but...)

    >>I've often wodered why they've never done a fully CGI animated Star Trek
    >>- even as a test.

    > The PC games that came out in the mid-90s were very close to this.

    "Judgment Rites" (the Trek:Classic PC game, with original cast voices)
    was *SO* Classic-series--right down to the Shatner speeches and Kirk
    hitting on the obligatory female character in one mini-game episode,
    with appropriate series music--it should effectively end all arguments.

    Derek Janssen (there is at least *more* than one "Oh no, they even kept
    THAT!" moment by end of game)

    Derek Janssen, Jan 21, 2006
  5. "Derek Janssen" <> wrote in message

    > (Uh, you'd STILL have the Filmation music and Filmation voice-acting--
    > You can dress 'em up, but...)
    >
    >>>I've often wodered why they've never done a fully CGI animated Star
    >>>Trek - even as a test.

    >> The PC games that came out in the mid-90s were very close to this.

    > "Judgment Rites" (the Trek:Classic PC game, with original cast voices) was
    > *SO* Classic-series--right down to the Shatner speeches and Kirk hitting
    > on the obligatory female character in one mini-game episode, with
    > appropriate series music--it should effectively end all arguments.
    >
    > Derek Janssen (there is at least *more* than one "Oh no, they even kept
    > THAT!" moment by end of game)

    Agreed. STAR TREK: CGI would be cool using Playstation 3 level fx.

    http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1668

    -- Ken from Chicago

    -- Ken from Chicago

    Ken from Chicago, Jan 21, 2006
  6. Goro

    teem Guest

    You have to use your imagination,these kids today expect so much of
    everything.While the animation is limited,the stories make up for it
    as told before.This must of been a big time animation studio back
    then,one wonders why it was even attempted.On Sat, 21 Jan 2006
    07:07:20 -0600, "Ken from Chicago" <>

    teem, Jan 22, 2006
  7. Goro

    Agent Smith Guest

    I liked that they adapted a Larry Niven story for one episode.

    Agent Smith, Jan 24, 2006
  8. Goro

    Mirror Spock Guest

    On 20 Jan 2006 07:34:13 -0800, "Goro" <> wrote:

    >I see that the Animated ST is due out on DVD soon. As I recall, these
    >were good stories but the animation was mediocre (as was the norm for
    >the early 70s). Since they have the audio and the scripts, I wonder if
    >they would consider re-animating these and broadcasting them. It'd be
    >a nice way to keep Trek alive (or at least in the consciousness) until
    >Paramount decides to do another series.
    >
    >-goro-

    When is it supposed to come out?

    * Robinson