    Drive?'
    Thanks for any help.

    ---

    Pugwash, Sep 19, 2003

  2. Well, If you particularly want star office on your machine,might I recommend
    that you download a free copy of its successor "Open Office" which is
    somewhat slicker in its operation .(Sun Microsystems if I remember
    correctly.)

    "Pugwash" <> wrote in message
    > I was exploring my application cd for Win XP, I noticed that there is a

    patch for the above program (52.6 MB). Should the program
    > not be installed on my system? I run the patch but all I got was the

    ms-dos window telling me that the install failed. I remember
    > seeing Star Office on my Add/Remove but this was before I reinstalled Win

    XP. So my query is 'Should this program be on my Hard

    wilfrid humbug, Sep 19, 2003

  3. Pugwash

    Pugwash Guest

    Thanks for the tip wilfred I'm downloading Open Office at this very moment
    http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/1.1rc4/index.html#windows
    but I would still like to know where the hell Star Office went to.
    Thanks again.
    "wilfrid humbug" <> wrote in message news:bkfnlu$k62$...
    > Well, If you particularly want star office on your machine,might I recommend
    > that you download a free copy of its successor "Open Office" which is
    > somewhat slicker in its operation .(Sun Microsystems if I remember
    > correctly.)
    >

    > "Pugwash" <> wrote in message
    > > I was exploring my application cd for Win XP, I noticed that there is a

    > patch for the above program (52.6 MB). Should the program
    > > not be installed on my system? I run the patch but all I got was the

    > ms-dos window telling me that the install failed. I remember
    > > seeing Star Office on my Add/Remove but this was before I reinstalled Win

    > XP. So my query is 'Should this program be on my Hard
    > > Drive?'
    > > Thanks for any help.
    > >

    > > ---

    ---

    Pugwash, Sep 19, 2003
  4. On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 21:21:30 +0100, B. Al. Zeebub read a prime example of
    Darwinism:

    > Thanks for the tip wilfred I'm downloading Open Office at this very moment
    > http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/1.1rc4/index.html#windows
    > but I would still like to know where the hell Star Office went to.

    Sun made Star Office 5.2 available free just before the introduction of
    Star Office 6 and turned the source code over to open source software
    developers. OpenOffice.org is a ripper of an office suite for home and
    small business users IMO and should be bundled with more off the shelf PCs.

    B. Al

    B. Al. Zeebub, Sep 20, 2003