    dealers should just quit this stuff. I suppose this will eventually wear
    me down.

    Oh, and Best Buy doesn't call rebates rebates any more.
    Ron, May 9, 2005

  2. Ron

    John Worman Guest

    Ron wrote:
    > Anyone else having a headache with this?
    >
    > Bought a 1 gig Compaq flash for $79.95 (with 'instant' $20 rebate) and
    > expected to be able to do an 'easy rebate' for another $15, making this
    > a pretty good deal. Alas, system computers down and I could not get the
    > rebate form, usable through snail mail and the web.
    > Ok, went back to the store the next day and I was given a printout with
    > an offer number and told to go home and enter that and another from my
    > receipt. Alas, total failure. I was given the wrong number at the store
    > and after that was fixed the on-line rebate form would not accept my
    > name, address, etc. Just kept looping me around without any indication
    > of why my information wouldn't take.
    >
    > Seems to me that this is just another reason why otherwise reputable
    > dealers should just quit this stuff. I suppose this will eventually wear
    > me down.
    >
    > Oh, and Best Buy doesn't call rebates rebates any more.

    So far, my luck with Staples 'easy rebate' has been 100%. I just turned
    one in today, but I don't anticipate any problems.

    I'm sorry your luck has been bad. The Staples system is the easiest one
    I've every used.

    No, I don't work for them and don't have any of their stock. They are
    about the only technology store in this town (except WalMart)(ROLF).
    They used to price match internet prices, but I think that cost them a
    barrel of money, so now it has to be local or their on-line store before
    they match the price.

    John
    John Worman, May 10, 2005

  3. Ron

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Worked fine for me. I find Staples to be one of the better stores - I have
    no invested interest in Staples
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, May 10, 2005