Standby or Hibernate cannot be adjusted

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Evan Platt, Jan 19, 2007.

  1. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 17:20:03 GMT, Luke O'Malley
    <> wrote:

    >When I download I leave the laptop unattended. It goes into either
    >"standby" or "hibernation". In any case the download stops. I
    >tried Toshibe Power Management folder without any success, and Power
    >Options comes up and with a second or two 'fades' so nothing can be
    >changed in the entire foler.
    >
    >Can someone please help?

    Are you going to post this every 24 hours until you get a response?

    Evan Platt, Jan 19, 2007

  2. I posted it yesterday, but I had problems with my newsgroup program. I was
    not sure it posted. I looked today and could not find it. I reposted it.
    I am sorry for all the problems this has caused you. BTW can you help with
    my problem?

    Luke O'Malley, Jan 19, 2007

  3. Evan Platt

    D.D. Minelli Guest

    Right click on open space on desktop/properties/screen-saver click on Power
    on bottom right/PowerSchemes always on = all others to Never.

    D.D. Minelli, Jan 19, 2007
  4. Evan Platt

    ]v[etaphoid Guest

    > When I download I leave the laptop unattended. It goes into either
    > "standby" or "hibernation". In any case the download stops. I
    > tried Toshibe Power Management folder without any success, and Power
    > Options comes up and with a second or two 'fades' so nothing can be
    > changed in the entire foler.
    >
    > Can someone please help?
    >
    > Toshiba Satellite
    > XP Home
    >
    > Luke

    G'day O'Malley,

    What's doing mate?

    ]v[etaphoid, Jan 22, 2007
  5. Evan Platt

    ]v[etaphoid Guest

    > In article 45b4addf$0$16552$,
    > "]v[etaphoid" <> said:
    > -->"Luke O'Malley" <> wrote in message
    > -->news:757sh.2712$...
    > -->> When I download I leave the laptop unattended. It goes into
    > -->either
    > -->> "standby" or "hibernation". In any case the download stops. I
    > -->> tried Toshibe Power Management folder without any success, and
    > -->Power
    > -->> Options comes up and with a second or two 'fades' so nothing
    > -->can be
    > -->> changed in the entire foler.
    > -->>
    > -->> Can someone please help?
    > -->>
    > -->> Toshiba Satellite
    > -->> XP Home
    > -->>
    > -->> Luke
    > -->
    > -->G'day O'Malley,
    > -->
    > -->What's doing mate?
    >
    > Duh! I found it. Inside the Toshiba Power Management there is a
    > button for details. When you press it it reveals a tab that has the
    > control. Double Dun!!
    > Thanks for the reply
    > Luke

    Don't even mention it, me old China! I'm just happy to be of assistance...

    ]v[etaphoid, Jan 23, 2007
  6. Evan Platt

    Otter Guest

    In news:45b5d903$0$16557$,
    ]v[etaphoid <> typed:
    > "Luke O'Malley" <> wrote in message
    >> In article 45b4addf$0$16552$,
    >> "]v[etaphoid" <> said:
    >> -->"Luke O'Malley" <> wrote in message
    >> -->news:757sh.2712$...
    >> -->> When I download I leave the laptop unattended. It goes into
    >> -->either
    >> -->> "standby" or "hibernation". In any case the download stops. I
    >> -->> tried Toshibe Power Management folder without any success, and
    >> -->Power
    >> -->> Options comes up and with a second or two 'fades' so nothing
    >> -->can be
    >> -->> changed in the entire foler.
    >> -->>
    >> -->> Can someone please help?
    >> -->>
    >> -->> Toshiba Satellite
    >> -->> XP Home
    >> -->>
    >> -->> Luke
    >> -->
    >> -->G'day O'Malley,
    >> -->
    >> -->What's doing mate?
    >>
    >> Duh! I found it. Inside the Toshiba Power Management there is a
    >> button for details. When you press it it reveals a tab that has the
    >> control. Double Dun!!
    >> Thanks for the reply
    >> Luke

    > Don't even mention it, me old China! I'm just happy to be of
    > assistance...

    First time for everything...

    Otter, Jan 23, 2007