    What's best for the computer's longevity? that or leaving it on or
    shutting down every night?

    Thanks
    Muse Groops, May 30, 2007

  2. Muse Groops

    Robb Guest

    Muse Groops wrote:

    >I've read that hibernating can be harmful on PC's (so I've heard...)

    L(c)raptops or PCs? This question is a can of worms. :)

    >But what about "standing by"?
    >
    >What's best for the computer's longevity? that or leaving it on or
    >shutting down every night?

    I'm always more concerned about "shit happening" when starting a PC
    from any state than leaving one running. Electricity cost/consumption is
    probably as good a deciding factor as anything.

    --
    Robb
    Robb, May 30, 2007

  3. Muse Groops

    Plato Guest

    Muse Groops wrote:

    > I've read that hibernating can be harmful on PC's (so I've heard...)

    Incorrect.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, May 31, 2007