    Any ideas why? btw...I am the only user set up on the computer, and I have
    administrator status.

    Thanks in advance

    Just Me, Aug 6, 2003

  2. Just Me

    °Mike° Guest

    Make sure you have Advanced Power Management installed,
    and there are no conflicts in Device Manager.

    On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 19:00:05 GMT, in
    <VecYa.32620$>
    Just Me scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 6, 2003

  3. Just Me

    Unknown Guest

    It's a BIOS setting.
    "Just Me" <> wrote in message
    > I checked for conflicts and none were found. What do you mean by Advanced
    > Power Management? Do you mean the advanced tab on my power options? If

    so,

    Unknown, Aug 6, 2003
  4. Just Me

    boy wonder Guest

    Just Me wrote:
    > I checked for conflicts and none were found. What do you mean by
    > Advanced Power Management? Do you mean the advanced tab on my power
    > options? If so, I have it but see no options for standby.
    >

    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Make sure you have Advanced Power Management installed,
    >> and there are no conflicts in Device Manager.
    >>

    >> On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 19:00:05 GMT, in
    >> <VecYa.32620$>
    >> Just Me scrawled:
    >>
    >>> Hello
    >>> I have a P4 Gateway Laptop running XP Pro. I used to be able to
    >>> have my computer go on standby when I closed the lid, but now the
    >>> option is no longer available. Also, when I click 'start'... 'Turn
    >>> off computer' I get the 3 options: Standby, Restart, and Shutdown,
    >>> but Standby cannot be clicked. It is sorta faded out. When I go
    >>> into the power options, I can choose any of the presets, but they
    >>> no longer have standby as an option for closing the lid or pressing
    >>> the power button.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas why? btw...I am the only user set up on the computer,
    >>> and I have administrator status.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance
    >>>

    >> --
    >> Basic computer maintenance

    Under system devices, in device mgr, I have "advanced config and power mgt".
    it's a device. There's no "?" mark or "X" or "!" next to it. That means it's
    OK. Control Panel also has a "pwr mgt" applet. Use it. Under advanced, you
    can select "standby" or "shutdown". That's a possibility.

    --
    the abominable toner

    http://www.hal-pc.org/~toner27/

    boy wonder, Aug 7, 2003