    When the desktop goes on standby, I have to exit standby by mouse movement
    or keyboard action which of course means I have to go to the desktop.

    John Williams

    John Williams, May 26, 2007

  2. Hi
    Almost all computers can be set to get out of standby when there is a
    Network (LAN) activity probing the Network card.
    Fist you have to look at the computer’s BIOS and make sure that the power
    setting of the BIOS is checked to sense LAN activity (look at the computer’s
    hardware manual).
    Second make sure that the Drivers of the Network card are not set to save
    power (uncheck the power saving in the TCP/IP Properties).
    http://www.ezlan.net/example/powersave.jpg
    In many laptops their might be additional Propriety power saving utility.
    Make sure that it is not set to shut of the LAN when in standby.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 26, 2007

  3. BIOS was off. Works fine now. Thanx, Jack.

    John Williams

    John Williams, May 29, 2007