    Does all tripods are standart and they are all fit to my camera?
    If not , what type/specification do I need to look for?

    thanks

    Jul, Feb 1, 2005

  2. Jul

    Tony Guest

    Most tripods are either 1/4 or 3/8 inch and there are adaptors to convert
    from one to the other. Unless you are dealing with a truly off-off brand
    there should be no problem.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony, Feb 1, 2005

  3. Jul

    Julian Tan Guest

    Most are standard -- any photo or video tripod should do the job.
    However, the job of the tripod is to keep your camera steady, so it
    helps if you pick out a sturdy one. :)

    Cheers,
    Julian
    http://www.shuttertalk.com

    Julian Tan, Feb 1, 2005
  4. Jul wrote:
    > Hi ,
    >
    > I have Canon G5.
    > Does all tripods are standart and they are all fit to my camera?
    > If not , what type/specification do I need to look for?
    >
    > thanks

    Most all consumer and prosumer tripods use a 1/4 x 20 screw size and
    thread. Some very heavy duty pro tripods used primarily for older video
    cameras use a 3/8 inch screw. You need to be sure the tripod uses the
    1/4 x 20 screw/thread.

    Don Stauffer in Minneapolis, Feb 1, 2005
  5. Jul

    Rick Guest

    I'm also shooting with a Canon G5 and it does take a tripod with a 1/4 " x,
    which I believe is standard for most cameras.
    Close to a year ago I picked up a nice used tripod and the Canon 420ex
    flash and I must say there both a must if you can afford.

    Rick

    Rick, Feb 2, 2005
  6. Jul

    Stewy Guest

    In article <TnBLd.4107$>,
    "Jul" <> wrote:

    > Hi ,
    >
    > I have Canon G5.
    > Does all tripods are standart and they are all fit to my camera?
    > If not , what type/specification do I need to look for?

    Most tripod nuts are a standard size.
    What are you going to use the tripod for? Will it sit around at home or
    in a studio for portraits? Buy a big and heavy one.
    Do you drive and take it with you? Get one that suits you - on that
    extends to at least to eye level.
    Do you plan to travel with it - get a lightweight one. The Velbon P-Max
    checks in at just 800g. Many tripods have a quick release nut - you
    screw the nut and housing to the camera and then attach it to the tripod.

    Stewy, Feb 6, 2005