    Anything out there yet? I inquired a few months ago, and there were no dvd
    recorders that will also play my DVD-Audio disks in six channel mode.
    Anything new available now, or even announced?
    Z Man, Apr 18, 2004

  2. Z Man

    luminos Guest

    http://www.audiorevolution.com/equip/denon_dvd_2900/\

    There are a few other models from Sony etc. some of which range in the
    $2,000 US range.

    luminos, Apr 18, 2004

  3. Z Man

    Z Man Guest

    "luminos" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.audiorevolution.com/equip/denon_dvd_2900/\
    >

    > There are a few other models from Sony etc. some of which range in the
    > $2,000 US range.
    >
    > "Z Man" <> wrote in message
    > > Anything out there yet? I inquired a few months ago, and there were no

    dvd
    > > recorders that will also play my DVD-Audio disks in six channel mode.
    > > Anything new available now, or even announced?

    Is this a recorder? There are lots of DVD players that will play DVD-Audio,
    and at least one dvd recorder that will play DVD-Audio in 2-channel format.
    What I am looking for is a DVD-recorder (any format, DVD-R, +R, DVD-RAM,
    etc) that will also play DVD-Audio in six channel mode. It doesn't look to
    me as if the Denon unit you mention is a recorder. I hope I am wrong, as I
    am a big fan of Denon. The centerpiece of my home audio system is a Denon
    AVR-5800 receiver.
    Z Man, Apr 18, 2004
  4. Z Man

    luminos Guest

    Sorry...I missed the DVD recorder...

    luminos, Apr 18, 2004
  5. Z Man

    luminos Guest

    The only one that even plays DVD Audio (2-channel) is the top end
    Panasonic..at least around here.

    luminos, Apr 18, 2004
  6. Z Man

    Z Man Guest

    "luminos" <> wrote in message
    > The only one that even plays DVD Audio (2-channel) is the top end
    > Panasonic..at least around here.
    > "luminos" <> wrote in message
    > > Sorry...I missed the DVD recorder...
    > >
    > > "Z Man" <> wrote in message
    > > > Anything out there yet? I inquired a few months ago, and there were no

    > dvd
    > > > recorders that will also play my DVD-Audio disks in six channel mode.
    > > > Anything new available now, or even announced?

    That's what I thought. I suppose I'll wait a while and see if anything new
    materializes.
    Z Man, Apr 18, 2004
  7. Z Man

    BD Guest

    A related question - Does anybody know of a DVD Recorder that has
    digital audio input?
    BD, Apr 18, 2004
  8. Z Man

    luminos Guest

    "BD" <> wrote in message
    > A related question - Does anybody know of a DVD Recorder that has
    > digital audio input?

    None. A lot of these capabilities are omitted by design so that copy
    protection cannot be subverted in any way, or the MPAA and RIAA would cause
    trouble (and in fact had a number of players were removed from the market a
    few years back for the ROMs to be re-worked...such as Apex).
    luminos, Apr 18, 2004
  9. Z Man

    BD Guest

    Are there used Apex models out there then that have digital audio
    input???

    BD, Apr 21, 2004