    a real problem connecting it to a vcr player to record)
    Thanks for any comments.

    BsT
    Beowulfie, Feb 22, 2006

  2. Beowulfie

    Stan Brown Guest

    Tue, 21 Feb 2006 19:36:02 -0700 from Beowulfie <>:
    > I'm going to buy a DVD burner and I want to transfer lots of my homerecorded
    > videos to dvd so they might last a bit longer.
    > I was wondering which would be better in the long run...one of those combo
    > vcr/dvd recorders or just a stand alone dvd burner(I'm guessing there isn't
    > a real problem connecting it to a vcr player to record)

    There's no one single right answer -- it depends on your level of
    techiness and also how elaborately you want to author your DVDs.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    Stan Brown, Feb 22, 2006

  3. Beowulfie

    Beowulfie Guest

    "Stan Brown" <> wrote in message
    > Tue, 21 Feb 2006 19:36:02 -0700 from Beowulfie <>:
    > > I'm going to buy a DVD burner and I want to transfer lots of my

    homerecorded
    > > videos to dvd so they might last a bit longer.
    > > I was wondering which would be better in the long run...one of those

    combo
    > > vcr/dvd recorders or just a stand alone dvd burner(I'm guessing there

    isn't
    > > a real problem connecting it to a vcr player to record)

    > There's no one single right answer -- it depends on your level of
    > techiness and also how elaborately you want to author your DVDs.
    >
    > --

    I would say I'm average techie and I just want to make my videos into dvds
    and I don't want a machine that's going to keel over after a few dozen
    transfers.
    One RCA combo I saw had reviews that said it heated up and tended to crash.
    Another place I saw that combos were worthless and it was best to just
    connect the vcr to the dvd recorder and transfer that way.
    I was looking for more apinions on which way was the best and easiest also.

    BsT
    Beowulfie, Feb 23, 2006
  4. Beowulfie

    Stan Brown Guest

    Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:48:53 -0700 from Beowulfie <>:

    > I was looking for more apinions on which way was the best and easiest also.

    A Web search would probably be most productive. I tend to include
    +review
    and the category in my search, to limit it to reviews.

    You might also start with this article from PC World:

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    Stan Brown, Feb 23, 2006