    decoding. I need a player with built-in decoding (as I have with my
    regular DVD players) as I'm using it at a screening room and I need 6
    channels @ line level to feed the existing sound system (no receiver).
    Steve Kraus, Feb 24, 2007

  2. On a sunny day (Sat, 24 Feb 2007 19:31:21 GMT) it happened Steve Kraus
    <> wrote in
    <do0Eh.3487$>:

    >Can someone recommend a good simple stand alone DD 5.1 decoder?
    >
    >All I want is a box with fiber optic input and 6 line level outputs. Maybe
    >an output level adjust. I bought a Creative DDTS-100 but it was defective.
    >The replacement I received is also defective. Probably just bad luck but I
    >want to give up with them and have asked to return it for refund. But what
    >else is available?
    >
    >FWIW this is to use with a Toshiba HD-DVD player which lacks built-in
    >decoding. I need a player with built-in decoding (as I have with my
    >regular DVD players) as I'm using it at a screening room and I need 6
    >channels @ line level to feed the existing sound system (no receiver).

    I have a Cyberhome CH-DVD 405 just for this purpose.
    6 analog cinch outputs.
    Works great, but not always on DVD+RW.
    Had it for years, was only 60 Euro or so (say 85 $).
    There are probably better models now, but picture quality is great too.
    Cheaper then a separate decoder I'd think.
    Jan Panteltje, Feb 25, 2007

  3. Steve Kraus

    Steve Kraus Guest

    Jan Panteltje wrote:

    > I have a Cyberhome CH-DVD 405 just for this purpose.

    Um...that's hardly going to help me with HD-DVD playback.
    Steve Kraus, Feb 26, 2007
  4. On a sunny day (Mon, 26 Feb 2007 04:01:07 GMT) it happened Steve Kraus
    <> wrote in
    <7YsEh.5947$>:

    >Jan Panteltje wrote:
    >
    >> I have a Cyberhome CH-DVD 405 just for this purpose.

    >Um...that's hardly going to help me with HD-DVD playback.

    Sorry, did not notice you wanted HD.

    Actually just use the normal format, cheaper too.
    Jan Panteltje, Feb 26, 2007
  5. Steve Kraus

    Steve Kraus Guest

    > Actually just use the normal format, cheaper too.

    Hahahaha. Not quite the same thing.
    Steve Kraus, Feb 27, 2007
  6. Steve Kraus

    Steve Kraus Guest

    Anyone? Do these no longer exist?
    Steve Kraus, Mar 1, 2007
  7. Steve Kraus

    Rich Clark Guest

    On Mar 1, 11:30 am, Steve Kraus <>
    wrote:
    > Anyone? Do these no longer exist?

    You might do just as well looking for a digital receiver with preamp
    outs. Likely to be just as cheap (or cheaper) due to economy of
    manufacturing scale, and you'll have a backup amp if you need one.

    Rich Clark, Mar 1, 2007
  8. Steve Kraus

    Irv Segal Guest

    I use a Klipsch ProMedia DD-5.1; it decodes AC-3 and DTS . It has optical
    and coaxial SPDIF inputs, and analog outputs.

    -iceeagle

    Irv Segal, Mar 5, 2007
  9. Steve Kraus

    mkr

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    You can find very cheap decoder on Ebay. Just search "5.1 decoder".
    mkr, Apr 14, 2011