    "never" in the display settings. The system is a Dell Dimension with a flat
    panel monitor, running XP-Pro. Any other settings I should check?
    Thanks,

    JJ, Nov 6, 2006

  2. JJ

    Brian Guest

    Check to make sure you have the latest drivers for video and monitor. Make
    sure you have the correct monitor selected (not just default monitor) in
    Device manager. This has to do with ACPI in device manager. Also make sure
    your monitor is listed on the HCL (hardware compatibility list) for your
    operating system..
    The list can be found at microsoft.com

    Hope this gets you pointed in the right direction

    Brian

    Brian, Nov 12, 2006