    Any body know what's wrong.
    Thanks. jimac

    ---
    Jim McQuillan, Oct 10, 2003

  2. Jim McQuillan

    Rosco Guest

    "Jim McQuillan" <> wrote in
    news:cswhb.9504$:

    > Recently bought HP pavilion a219 Uk computer. My first experience of
    > Windows XP.
    > When I try to put it into stand by I get a message box saying
    > "Preparing to go into Stand By"
    > It just stays that way for ever and freezes. I can not get back to
    > desk top or anything and have to pull the plug to restart.
    > Any body know what's wrong.
    > Thanks. jimac
    >

    > ---

    The only problems I have run in to with XP standby is my keyboard, XP
    always gives me an error saying my keyboard is preventing standby, but
    that always gives a message so i really dont know why i am responding.

    Rosco, Oct 12, 2003

  3. Thanks Rosco but I think we have two different problems.
    This happens every time with me whether I try to go into stand by with the
    shut down menu or by the stand by button on my keyboard.
    It isn't a great problem but would be nice if it worked.
    Cheers. Jim

    Jim McQuillan, Oct 12, 2003
  4. Jim McQuillan

    Rosco Guest

    Nope my problem occurs no matter which one I use also, the only
    difference is that it is giving me a reason. No matter if I use the
    keyboard button, or button in windows, same thing happens. Probably
    because it is a laptop which has an onboard keyboard, but I use a USB
    keybard on it. I dunno, im not worried about mine though.

    Rosco, Oct 13, 2003
  5. We think alike anyway.
    Cheers Jim
    "Rosco" <> wrote in message
    > Nope my problem occurs no matter which one I use also, the only
    > difference is that it is giving me a reason. No matter if I use the
    > keyboard button, or button in windows, same thing happens. Probably
    > because it is a laptop which has an onboard keyboard, but I use a USB
    > keybard on it. I dunno, im not worried about mine though.
    >
    > "Jim McQuillan" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Thanks Rosco but I think we have two different problems.
    > > This happens every time with me whether I try to go into stand by with
    > > the shut down menu or by the stand by button on my keyboard.
    > > It isn't a great problem but would be nice if it worked.
    > > Cheers. Jim
    > > "Rosco" <> wrote in message
    > >> "Jim McQuillan" <> wrote in

    > >> The only problems I have run in to with XP standby is my keyboard, XP
    > >> always gives me an error saying my keyboard is preventing standby,
    > >> but that always gives a message so i really dont know why i am
    > >> responding.
    > >>
    > >> --

    > > ---

    ---