    that will plug directly into the back of my router and will allow different
    incoming and outgoing providers. It does not PSTN but would not matter if it
    did!

    R. Giskard Reventlov, Apr 16, 2009

  2. R. Giskard Reventlov

    Jack Bauer Guest

    In article <49e77fdd$0$2532$>, no.spam@me says...
    > Can anyone recommend a stand alone VOIP phone (either corded or cordless)
    > that will plug directly into the back of my router and will allow different
    > incoming and outgoing providers. It does not PSTN but would not matter if it
    > did!

    I have to recommend the Siemens Gigaset range. I bought a S685IP but
    there are a number that will be as technically competent - just make
    sure that the model you buy has IP at the end.

    I say this because until I used the Siemens, I was thoroughly
    unimpressed with VOIP generally. I had tried various softphones on
    different connections and all had generally disappointed. The Siemens,
    using Sipgate with a good broadband connection, has been rock solid. It
    also does PSTN.

    Jack Bauer, Apr 16, 2009

  3. R. Giskard Reventlov

    Graham. Guest

    "R. Giskard Reventlov" <no.spam@me> wrote in message
    > Can anyone recommend a stand alone VOIP phone (either corded or cordless)
    > that will plug directly into the back of my router and will allow
    > different incoming and outgoing providers. It does not PSTN but would not
    > matter if it did!

    You might also want to consider an ATA (Analogue telephone adapter)
    in conjunction with a wired or DECT POTS handset.
    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Apr 16, 2009
  4. "Graham." <> wrote in message

    > "R. Giskard Reventlov" <no.spam@me> wrote in message
    >> Can anyone recommend a stand alone VOIP phone (either corded or cordless)
    >> that will plug directly into the back of my router and will allow
    >> different incoming and outgoing providers. It does not PSTN but would not
    >> matter if it did!

    > You might also want to consider an ATA (Analogue telephone adapter)
    > in conjunction with a wired or DECT POTS handset.
    > --
    > Graham.
    >
    > %Profound_observation%

    I have a Linksys SPA 3102 and rapidly coming to the conclusion it is far to
    complex for my needs!

    R. Giskard Reventlov, Apr 16, 2009
  5. R. Giskard Reventlov

    Woody Guest

    > "Graham." <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> "R. Giskard Reventlov" <no.spam@me> wrote in message
    >>> Can anyone recommend a stand alone VOIP phone (either corded or
    >>> cordless) that will plug directly into the back of my router and
    >>> will allow different incoming and outgoing providers. It does not
    >>> PSTN but would not matter if it did!

    >> You might also want to consider an ATA (Analogue telephone adapter)
    >> in conjunction with a wired or DECT POTS handset.
    >> --
    >> Graham.
    >>
    >> %Profound_observation%
    >>

    > I have a Linksys SPA 3102 and rapidly coming to the conclusion it is
    > far to complex for my needs!

    If you have a dig on the Sipgate web site you will find all you need to
    know about how to set it up,

    Remember the Linksys SPA series were all originally Sipura products so
    you may need to look for that name.

    --
    Woody

    harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

    Woody, Apr 16, 2009
  6. In article <49e77fdd$0$2532$>,
    R. Giskard Reventlov <no.spam@me> wrote:
    >Can anyone recommend a stand alone VOIP phone (either corded or cordless)
    >that will plug directly into the back of my router and will allow different
    >incoming and outgoing providers. It does not PSTN but would not matter if it
    >did!

    Siemens gigaset (eg. A580IP) for cordless, or Grandstream, Snom,
    Linksys and many others for a "corded" desk phone. A lot will depend on
    your budget... Grandstream GXP2000 can handle 4 accounts, (it's my own
    deskphone of choice), then the 2020 can handle 6 - Snoms can handle 10
    (I think), but are more expensive ...

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Apr 16, 2009
  7. R. Giskard Reventlov

    Graham. Guest

    > I have a Linksys SPA 3102 and rapidly coming to the conclusion it is far
    > to complex for my needs!

    But that sounds ideal.
    If you are having difficulty configuring it I am sure we can help here.
    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Apr 16, 2009
  8. R. Giskard Reventlov

    Guest

    R. Giskard Reventlov schreef:
    > "Graham." <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> "R. Giskard Reventlov" <no.spam@me> wrote in message
    >>> Can anyone recommend a stand alone VOIP phone (either corded or
    >>> cordless) that will plug directly into the back of my router and will
    >>> allow different incoming and outgoing providers. It does not PSTN but
    >>> would not matter if it did!

    >> You might also want to consider an ATA (Analogue telephone adapter)
    >> in conjunction with a wired or DECT POTS handset.
    >> --
    >> Graham.
    >>
    >> %Profound_observation%
    >>

    > I have a Linksys SPA 3102 and rapidly coming to the conclusion it is far
    > to complex for my needs!

    Same experience here, Using a Siemens DECT IP set, is far more easier to
    set up, and, if you want more lines, (use of more voip providers) you
    can use a service like Mysipswitch.
    An normal IP phone (Grandstream)is also an option, you get more features
    that way, if you need them, like to transfer a call, or conferrence
    calls, easy voice mail access.
    With ATA's you could get unwanted side-effects, with some analog phones,
    on either side of the connection, like delays, or echo, both are related
    to each other.
    Most ATA's are build-in in complete devices, poor choice in options or
    router functions are poor, (download problems, or functions don't work
    at the same time in good condition)
    Single ATA's have sometimes build in router, which is also not ideal....
    That soms it up.... for you to decide.

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.