Stand alone DVD recorder question.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Cat Herder, Mar 8, 2006.

  1. Cat Herder

    Cat Herder Guest

    Hi group,

    I've been here a while ago asking about a player to play European pal
    disks in a country with an obscure color system. (Brazil Pal-m)

    Since many multi system players sold in Europe will play those disks,
    I'm covered there but..

    What if I bring a DVD/HD recorder with me, how will it handle the
    (Pal-m) signal that comes out of my cable box?

    They do sell a "digital" service that has on screen tv program and pay
    per view from the remote (much like the service I have here in Europe
    now), I've read something that this might be a solution in case there is
    a problem in the first place?

    I would appreciate any input on the subject as I need to make a decision
    and buy it soon.

    Thanks,

    Chris

    Cat Herder, Mar 8, 2006

  2. Cat Herder

    Cat Herder Guest

    Cat Herder wrote:
    > Hi group,
    >
    > I've been here a while ago asking about a player to play European pal
    > disks in a country with an obscure color system. (Brazil Pal-m)
    >
    > Since many multi system players sold in Europe will play those disks,
    > I'm covered there but..
    >
    > What if I bring a DVD/HD recorder with me, how will it handle the
    > (Pal-m) signal that comes out of my cable box?
    >
    > They do sell a "digital" service that has on screen tv program and pay
    > per view from the remote (much like the service I have here in Europe
    > now), I've read something that this might be a solution in case there is
    > a problem in the first place?
    >
    > I would appreciate any input on the subject as I need to make a decision
    > and buy it soon.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >

    > Chris

    Hi,

    Don't bother, I found out that most if not all of this recorders will
    record in NTSC, and Pal-m to NTSC transcoders are a dime a dozen in
    Brazil, so I'll just connect one between the output of the cable box and
    the recorder and it should work fine..

    I'll just thought I post this in case someone else searching the
    archives could need this.

    Chris

    Cat Herder, Mar 9, 2006

  3. Cat Herder

    only human Guest

    LOL- you just responded to yourself Cat herder

    only human, Mar 11, 2006
  4. Cat Herder

    Cat Herder Guest

    only human wrote:
    > LOL- you just responded to yourself Cat herder

    Well, indeed I answered my own question, in the spirit of Usenet, if
    someone is looking for that info and happens to type the right query the
    person is going to find an answer to that particular question.

    There is nothing worst then finding just the question you need on the
    archives only to discover seconds later it was not answered..

    Chris

    Cat Herder, Mar 14, 2006